Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2 - The Sorting Ceremony

A story filled with humer brought on by late nights filled with sugar! Me and my friend write this togeather, and you might understand some of my PH art if you read it!

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2 - The Sorting Ceremony

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2 - The Sorting Ceremony

The train pulled up to the station in Hogsmead, and the students came pouring out, joking and laughing. Yelling over the noise was Hagrid.
"Firs' years! Firs' years, hurry up now!"
Harry, Draco, Nyx, Ame, Vincent (Crabbe) and Gregory (Goyle) all hurried over, Draco joking with Ame and Nyx teasing Harry.
"You all righ' there, Harry?" Hagrid asked, which Harry responded to with a grin.
Once they reached the lake, they piled in four to a boat (except for Vincent and Gregory, who were too big to share).
"I'm definitely going to be in Slytherin," Nyx said. "Everyone in my family has."
"I talked to Hagrid about my parents. Me mum was a Slytherin. Me dad was a Gryffindor," Harry said thoughtfully.
"Oh, yeah, me dad went to school with your mum. Said she was the best Head Girl there ever was. Was always at James Potter's throat, Lily Evans was. Wonder how they ever got together," Nyx mused. "Where do you think you'll go?"
"I dunno. Hopefully wherever all of you go."
"Not possible," Ame but in. "There's no way I won't end up in Ravenclaw."
"Oh yeah, I can vouch for that," Nyx said with a playful smirk. "Biggest know-it-all Hogwarts'll ever have."
"Hey!"
At that moment the boats banked, and everyone climbed out. Hagrid led everyone up to the door and knocked sharply three times. The door swung open, and there stood a stern-faced woman.
"The firs' years, Professor," Hagrid said.
"Thank you, Hagrid. Follow me," she said to the students. They tromped along until they reached the top of the stairs, and then she turned around to address the students.
"Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall, your Headmistress and Transfiguration teacher. In a few minutes I will escort you into the Great Hall where you will be sorted into your house, either Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. If you are sorted into Gryffindor, I will also be your Head-of-House. The Hufflepuff Head-of-House is Professor Sprout, the Herbology teacher. The Ravenclaw Head-of-House is Professor Flitwick, your Charms teacher. And the Slytherin Head-of-House is Professor Snape, your Potions teacher."
"Uncle Sevvy!" Nyx whispered excitedly. Draco grinned and nodded. Harry immediately decided to read over his potions book tonight. Might as well make a good impression on his new Head-of-House -- after all, he was sure now that he wanted to be in Slytherin.
"Form a line," Professor McGonagall said. The doors opened, and they followed her in.
7nbsp;(I debated ending it here, but five pages written wouldn't be enough. Besides, in the chapter title I said that this would have the sorting ceremony, and I'm a woman of my word.)
Once they reached the of the room, they saw and old beat up and patched up wizard's hat. The had moved, and then started to sing.
When it finished (I'm too lazy to type up the whole song), Professor McGonagall started calling off names from a scroll.
"Abbott, Hannah!"
A young girl with blonde hair walked forward looking nervous. McGonagall sat the hat atop her head, and they waited a moment. Finally...
"HUFFLEPUFF!!!"
A table on the right cheered, and she ran over grinning.
"Nervous?" Nyx asked with a grin.
"A little," Harry admitted as Bones, Susan became a Hufflepuff.
"Bulstrode, Millicent!"
"No reason to be nervous. You'll get in whatever house is right for you," Draco smiled.
"Granger, Hermione!"
"RAVENCLAW!!!" the hat screeched after two seconds.
"Malfoy, Draco!"
"See ya later," Draco winked as he swaggered up to the stool. Before McGonagall had finished placing the hat upon his head, the hat screamed,
"SLYTHERIN!!!"
&nsbp;Draco, not looking a bit surprised, swaggered over to the Slytherin table.
"Malfoy, Nyx!" McGonagall called, then silently groaned. She remembered from the last time Nyx had visited the school with her father what a troublemaker she could be. 'Fred and George better watch her. She's worse than they'll EVER be!'
"SLYTHERIN!!!" Nyx then joined her brother.
"Maxwell, Ame!"
"RAVENCLAW!!! Ame gave Nyx an 'I told you so' glance, to which Nyx responded by rolling her eyes.
"Parkinson, Pansy!"
Harry was now sweating. What if he wasn't good enough? What if he ended up in Hufflepuff? He remembered Draco sneering at the idea of being in there."
"SLYTHERIN!!!"
"Potter, Harry!"
Harry was numb. He absently walked up to the stool, not noticing the comments like "The Harry Potter?" and "Potter, did she say?" McGonagall sat the hat atop his head like she had done to so many others before him.
(I'm going to use the book up until Harry says 'Not Slytherin')
"Hmm..." said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes -- and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting... so where should I put you?"
Harry gripped the edges of the stool and thought, 'Slytherin, please Slytherin.'
"Slytherin, eh? Yes, yes, perfect. It's all here, inside your head, and Slytherin will lead you on you way to greatness. So, it shall be...
"SLYTHERIN!!!"
Harry grinned widely and rushed over to sit in between Draco and Nyx, not noticing the shocked look he was receiving from the Headmaster, nor the astonished look he was receiving from a certain black-haired professor. 'Well, I'll be. Maybe he'll actually take after Lily instead of that dolt, Potter.'

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BloodRoses1619 on July 25, 2004, 11:34:54 PM

BloodRoses1619 on
BloodRoses1619dundundun *tales of suspense*