Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 - Insults, Reading, and Potions Fun

A story filled with humer brought on by late nights filled with sugar! Me and my friend write this togeather, and you might understand some of my PH art if you read it!

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 - Insults, Reading, and Potions Fun

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 - Insults, Reading, and Potions Fun

~Last Time~
Harry grinned widely and rushed over to sit next in between Draco and Nyx, not noticing the shocked look he was getting from the Headmaster, nor the astonished look he was getting from a certain black-haired professor. ‘Well, I’ll be. Maybe hell actually take after Lily instead of that dolt, Potter.’

“I knew you were a Slytherin!” Draco said with a grin.
“Yeah! I mean, how could the son of Lily Evans NOT be in Slytherin?” Nyx asked.
“Some would argue how the son of James Potter could be anywhere but Gryffindor.” Draco said with a smirk. “Thank Merlin he’s not a Gryffindolt.”
“That’s WEAK!!!” Nyx exclaimed.
“Huh?”
“Gryffindolt!” she said with a smirk. “It should at least rhyme! Like... GRYFFINDORK!!!”
Harry laughed. “Weasley the Gryffindork. No! WEASEL the Gryffindork!!”
“NOW you’ve got it!” Nyx cheered.
Severus Snape, whom has quite good hearing (as well as the fact that they were talking so loud that they were practically screaming), chuckled lightly. ‘Yes, that’s Lily’s son all right. Best friends with the Malfoys as well as quite a good sense of humor, in my oh-so-humble opinion.’
Albus Dumbledore, however, was reeling. ‘Harry in Slytherin. Okay, that doesn’t sound too bad. Harry POTTER in Slytherin. Now THEREIN lay the problem. Of course... Severus looks quite pleased about something.’ Albus looked over in the direction Severus was just in time to see Harry mischievously smirking in the direction of a certain red-head with a certain blonde and brunet. Immediately, Albus relaxed. 'Now THERE is something normal. A Potter planning a prank. Provided, it's on a WEASLEY, but oh well.'

Harry lay in his bed, reading through his Potions book, quite interested. 'Wow, who would have thought the best way to save yourself from a poison would come from the stomach of a goat? The "Draught of Living Death," eh? Sounds promising. Heh heh heh.'

(Oooh, I made Harry sound evil there. He sounded too much like me. Oh well.)

The next day their first class was Double Potions with "Uncle Sevvy!" as Nyx called him.
(I'm going to go mostly with the movie with this one, 'cuz Uncle Sevvy sounds cool. But I'm going by memory here, so it's not going to be exact.)
"There will be no foolish wand-waving in this class. As such, I don't expect you to appreciate the subtle art that is potions making, but for those select few..." he snapped his head in the direction of the Malfoys, looking at them for a couple of seconds, then looking at Harry for a little less time."...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." Harry and the Malfoy twins looked at each other with eager expressions. Severus looked in the direction of Weasley, who was sniggering with Seamus Finnegan. "Of course, there are those of you that DON'T PAY ATTENTION!!!" (Hey, I did a pretty good job for not seeing the movie in two months. Note to self: watch video nine more times for next chapter. Yes, I am mad, thank you for noticing!!!)
Seamus elbowed Weasley, who jerked up in his seat.
"Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
Weasley shrugged.
"You don't know. Lets try again. Where would you find a bezoar?"
Weasley shrugged again. Harry sniggered. Draco looked at him questioningly.
'Those questions are hard! Why's he laughing?'
"What is the difference, Weasley, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"
Weasley shrugged once AGAIN!
"Pity."
Severus was about to tell the answers when Harry raised his hand.
"Yes, Mr. Potter?"
"Powdered root of asphodel and infusion of wormwood make a sleeping potion so potent it's called the "Draught of Living Death." A bezoar is a stone found in the stomach of a goat that will save you from most poisons. Monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plant, and also goes by the name of aconite."
Severus as well as the rest of the class looked at him in shock. Suddenly, Severus grinned. "Very good, Mr. Potter. 20 points to Slytherin, for actually cracking a book before coming in here. And 30 points from Gryffindor for talking and not paying attention to the teacher."

"That was bloody brilliant, Harry!" Nyx gasped once they left the classroom. "Uncle Sevvy was absolutely delighted!"
"I would prefer," growled a deadly sounding voice, "that you would not call me that where Gryffindors could hear you. Or, as you so eloquently put it last night, Gryffindorks. And Potter?" He growled.
"Yes, sir?" Harry asked with a single eyebrow raised while Nyx and Draco blushed.
"Weasel fits him quite well. Keep up the good work."
"Of course, sir," Harry practically purred.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BloodRoses1619 on July 25, 2004, 11:38:59 PM

BloodRoses1619 on
BloodRoses1619LOL awwwe poor Ron...*sniff* it was pretty funny tho XD