Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4 - Contests, Nicnames, and Arguments Galo

A story filled with humer brought on by late nights filled with sugar! Me and my friend write this togeather, and you might understand some of my PH art if you read it!

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4 - Contests, Nicnames, and Arguments Galo

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4 - Contests, Nicnames, and Arguments Galo
We now find ourselves in Potions class with Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff first years. Professor Snape (whom was in the hall talking with Potter and the Malfoy twins) had yet to come in. While waiting, Ame and Hermione were in a very involved conversation.
"It's 'Her-my-oh-nee,' not 'Herm-own-ninny!' I can't BELIEVE people are making that mistake!"
"Hey, yours is an honest mistake! What about mine!? It's 'Ah-may,' not 'Amy!!' And poor Nyx, some people are calling her 'Nieks' when it should me 'Nicks!'"
"Who did that!?" Hermione asked in shock.
"Her Grandmother," Ame responded darkly (That really happened!).
Hermione laughed. "Okay, that's bloody sad when your own family can't pronounce your name correctly."
Just as Ame was nodding in agreement Professor Snape strode into the classroom.
"Open your books and take notes on the first chapter. And I WILL be asking you questions at the end of the class, so DON'T SLACK OFF!!!"
Ame immediately wrote something down on her parchment. 'Contest?'
Hermione responded with an oh-so-eloquent 'Huh?'
'Wanna have a contest? We can see who can raise their hand the fastest and answer the most questions.' Ame looked at Hermione with a wink.
Hermione grinned.

"Gohan's the best!"
"No way, Trunks rules!"
"Trunk's GAY!"
"Not THAT Trunks, Chibi Trunks."
"He grows up to be gay, too! NOT that I have anything against gays... but Gohan rules supreme!!!"
"Nyx, he's 11 years old..."
"EXACTLY!!! That makes him MY age AND stronger than ALL of the other Z Senshi, INCLUDING Goku!"
Draco sighed. "What is with you two? All you talk about is Potions and anime."
"Aw, common, Dracy-kitten. Potions is interesting and anime RULES!!!"
"Gotta agree with you there, Nyx," Harry interjected.
A look of dawning realization come across Nyx's face. "Wait a minute. I just realized that you're the only person I haven't given a nickname to, Harry."
Draco rolled his eyes. "Oh, boy. Here we go. FYI, it'll end up being something involving cats or in Japanese."
"Why's that?"
"Japanese names are interesting and I love cats. Especially the leader of my kitty army, General Charlie," Nyx said with a grin.
"Umm... huh?"
"Family joke. She's the Cat Goddess, and her cat Charlie is the general of her army of cat 'minions.'" Draco then leered at Nyx. "Too bad he's de-clawed."
"Shaddup, Dracy-kitten. Anyways, to make my thinking up a nickname easier, if you could describe yourself with one word, what would it be?"
"Here we go. It's going to be in Japanese."
"Umm..." Harry thought carefully. He suddenly had flashbacks of all of his report card in Muggle school saying the same thing...
'He's too quiet.'
"I'd have to say... quiet."
"True," Draco immediately said.
"Lets see here... quiet... quiet... oh, now I remember. A male name in Japanese. It means 'Quiet Child.'"
"Well?" Draco asked impatiently. "What is it?"
"Kiyoshi."

"Bat's blood!"
"Unicorn hair!"
"Jaguar's claw!"
"Hare legs!!"
"TORTOISE SHELL!!!"
While the two Ravenclaws (Ame and Hermione, respectively) screamed out the answers for their little... 'contest'... Severus Snape, Potions Master, Slytherin Head-of-House, and meanest SOB to ever set foot in Hogwarts since Moldy Voldy himself, sat curled up in the corner of his classroom, rocking back and forth, repeating over and over, "I hate Ravenclaws, I hate Ravenclaws."

That evening in the Great Hall during dinner, and interesting and rather pointless argument was once again going on at the Slytherin table.
"I still say Gohan is the ultimate best character."
"No way, Nyx. Chibi Trunks is awesome. He's like a miniature Vegeta, only he's less homicidal and more, well, mischievous."
"You mean Veggy-head, Kiyoshi. And must I once again point out that Chibi Trunks grows up to be GAY!!!"
"Gohan grows up to be a nerd," Harry pointed out.
"Yeah, but he's a HOT nerd."
Draco glared at them. "Do I once again have to point out how pointless this argument is?"
"Aw, common, lil bro. We're just having some fun."
"Quit calling me lil bro. I'm not your lil bro, I'm your twin bro."
"Yes you are my lil bro, you're younger by 5 minutes."
"5 minutes, BIG whoop."
"Well, if you didn't want me to comment on it, you should have gotten your arse in gear and found the exit first!"
Draco immediately went red as Harry choked on his pumpkin juice.
"Nyx..." A voice growled behind her.
"Hmm..? Oh, Ame, what's up? What are you doing over here? And, um... why are you glaring at me like that?" Nyx squeaked the last part.
"They... took... my... NOODLES!!!!" Ame half growled, half shrieked.
Nyx gulped. She knew how obsessive Ame was over her noodles. She immediately began looking for an escape, and instead saw the thing that probably saved her life.
"HERE!!" Nyx cried. "You can have some of these! Just sit down here and have some of this. Just... just don't hurt me," Nyx begged.
Ame immediately grinned. "Cool, food."
Nyx rolled her eyes at Harry and grinned.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BloodRoses1619 on July 25, 2004, 11:43:51 PM

BloodRoses1619 on
BloodRoses1619Awwwwe Nyx and Haaaryyyy sittin in a treeeee