Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A Walk with Naruto

A Naruto Fanfic obviously...
You'll have to read to find out

Chapter 3 - A Walk with Naruto

Chapter 3 - A Walk with Naruto

I walked along the creek bed, remembering the long, walks I once took with Kie.
I would do anything for him.

Currently, what I had to do for him, was avenge him.
I remember that bleak day very well.
He had just proposed to me. Although we were only thirteen, we were both patient and would wait seven years before the wedding came.
We were just leaving a store, when I had heard a loud rustling in the bushes.
Both Kie and I went to investigate, when Kie was pinned down to the ground and stabbed through the heart with a Kunai.
I looked at the figure and realized that that the murderer was none other than Itachi.
He disappeared as quickly as he came and I kneeled by Kie and cried.
Of course, my best friend, Naruto did everything he could to cheer me up, but no result came of it.
I remained unhappy and uncertain of the world almost always refused to go past the same place again.
The last words that came from his lips were: "I'm sorry, Reiko..." His voice trailed off and his body went limp in my arms.

My thoughts were interupted by someone trying to sneak up on me. I turned to see Naruto attempting to cover my eyes and ask, "Guess who".
"Naruto, you know that never works on me." I said.
"Yeah, but it's good practice trying." He replied.
"So, why'd you come all this way? Your house is on the other side of town."
"Well, I wanted to ask you if-"
"Don't say it. And my answer is no. The last time I went with you to that ramen stand, I barely had any money left to pay rent!"
"Please? I'm on a diet!"
"Of only 400 pounds of food, instead of your usual 1000? My answer is still no!"
"Come on, Rei! I'll get you a date with Sasuke if you do it!!"
"One. I don't have a crush on him. Two. Don't you have other friends you can bug for free meals?
I mean, seriously. I'm the only one who you continually bother for food!"
"Because, you're the only one who'll pay!"
"See? That's exactly what I mean!"
"Pretty, pretty please with whipped cream and sprinkles and sugar and cherries and plums and-"
"Don't make yourself hungrier. Fine, you can eat at my house, but I'm giving limited rations!"
"Yesssss!!!" Naruto hissed.
We started the walk back to my house, when an odd question arose.
"Do you like Sasuke?" He asked.
"No. Why do you always ask me?"
"I just wanted to know."
"Naruto. You've asked me 74 times since I've known you and I've always said no. What makes you think that I'm going to say yes the next time you ask?"
"You actually keep count of how many times I've asked you?"
"Don't change the subject. Why do you think I'm going to say yes?"
"Because..." Naruto's voice became a small whisper.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment