Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Midnight Birthday

Humans are becoming demons, Yusuke is flashing in and out of worlds, and all of the leaders of the realms are missing, and finally Hiei returns.

Chapter 1 - Midnight Birthday

Chapter 1 - Midnight Birthday
An awesome fiction with some twists and surprises ~_^, takes place after the movies and shows, and it's based around Kurama's birthday.

*A tall teen with red hair stands and stares out the window, eyes fixsated on a couple of children playing across the street. He smiles slightly, entranced and cheered by the toddlers. He looks at his watch, not long until his birthday, he chuckles to himself."

*A woman with black hair comes out and puts her arms around him and hugs him* "Oh my Shuichi, you've gotten so big, you were such an adorable little boy, and now, well now look at you." She laughs and smiles, eyes filled with love.

The boy called Shuichi turns and smiles, embracing the woman, "It's all because I have you for a mother."

His mother laughs and smiles, "Oh, your to modest Shuichi, always so kind and gentle."

Shuichi smiles softly, but in his mind, his thoughts differ, "Gentle, many people I've fought, could only wish fondly that I was "gentle"."

Shuichi looks to her room, "Shouldn't you be in bed?" His mother sighs, "I know, I just couldn't seem to sleep, I just had this eerie feeling." She smiles and hugs Shuichi tightly and turns, "Goodnight Shuichi, I love you." Shuichi casts a worried glance, then smiles for her sake, "Goodnight mother, I love you too, sweet dreams." The woman smiles once more before entering her room.

Shuichi's gaze returns to the scene out the window, the children look so young and innocent... Then it clicks, the toddlers couldn't be more than five and were outside playing, at nearly ten minutes to midnight. His gaze travels around, no parents or guardians, his mother had mentioned an eerie feeling, and now that he thought about it, something did seem unsettling. He just couldn't place what it was, what was it? As he looked on at the children, to his shock they were gone, he looks around, eyes shifting, and no sight is seen. He checks his watch, five minutes to midnight, the feeling that he's being watched suddenly overtakes him, making him uneasy for his mother. He checks his watch again, three minutes to midnight, signaling his birthday, he didn't know the exact hour of his birth, so the changing day was enough. He checks his watch, ten seconds till midnight. He mutters a countdown to himself, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. He smiles and mutters, "Happy Birthday to me." In that split second, the world begins to tremble and shake, a dark flash of light envelopes the world, and Shuichi is the only being belonging on the planet to witness it, that doesn't mean, that he is the only one to witness it. Eyes haunt every crevice, and all eyes, are transfixed on two people, a black-haired teen, and the boy named Shuichi.

Light seeps in through the window, sunlight, bright and streaming. Shuichi wakes up slowly and rubs his eyes confused, when had he come to bed? He couldn't rememeber, he focuses and the thought of bright light enters his memory. His eyes widen in confusion and realization, something had happened, he runs to his mother's room, and opens the door, he sees a figure in the bedsheets breathing and sighs relief, he walks over and pulls the blanket up more and he hears a low growl. He scans the room and sees nothing and feels something grab his arm, he turns to his mother, whose face is that of a demon's, contorted and withered. He gasps and falls backward, and the figure rises growling then drops. Shuichi stares thinking then picks the figure up and places it on the bed, he stands slowly, obviously stunned. He mutters something, and walks out the door and into the light of day, light however, doesn't provide very much protection.

A black-haired teen yawns loudly and wakes up slowly, stretching and accidently falling out of bed. He slams into the ground hard, "Ow!" He rubs his head, then rubs his eyes trying to get his vision straight. He hears it again, a loud-knocking on the door, "I'm coming, I'm coming!" "Jeese, gimme a sec." He mutters, "Crappy people, it's probably a sales person." The teen changes his clothes to a pair of black jeans and a black slit shirt with some tears here and there. He stumbles down the hallway, putting on his socks and shoes as he goes, and thus hopping to the door. He puts on his final shoe as he opens the door, standing before him is a teen with orange hair, a headband on his head, a white t-tshirt, with some blue jeans. "Urameshi! Something's happened, I don't know but Yukina woke up really sick this morning, and Shizuru isn't feeling well either, and the streets are empty!" Urameshi rubs his eyes, "You woke me up at noon to tell me that?" The boy looks annoyed, "Don't be stupid Yusuke, this is important." Yusuke sighs, shuts his eyes, and sticks his finger in his ear, "Jeese Kuwabara, they probably all left to get away from you." Kuwabara shakes his fist and yells, "They did not and you know it, I'm serious!" Yusuke cracks an eye open just in time to catch a glimpse of a medium sized demon, resembling a pterodactyl. Yusuke's eyes widen and he pushes Kuwabara out of the way and holds his right hand like a gun, "Spirit!" *He gets cut off* "No Yusuke don't!" "Huh?" Yusuke turns to see Shuichi running at him, "Kurama?" "Are you blind?" "The demon!" Kurama jumps up and slams straight down, like an upside-down dive, and the demon hits the ground, becoming unconcious. Yusuke and Kuwabara stare at Kurama in confusion, Kurama looks up with an unreadable expression.



Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Darksideofme on May 4, 2006, 2:21:33 PM

Darksideofme on
Darksideofmei luff this! ^____________^ keep writing ^^

Night_Wolf on July 27, 2005, 9:50:15 AM

Night_Wolf on
Night_Wolfcool story you should add another chapter