Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Harsh Kindness

During the mysterious return of Bakura, Bakura and Ryou get trapped in Yugi's puzzle! Now they have to fight for their souls and friendship!

Chapter 2 - Harsh Kindness

Chapter 2 - Harsh Kindness
Ryou hangs from the ledge inside the Millenium Puzzle, grip slipping, he swallows hard, and his hand slips, he shuts his eyes and holds his breath.

A hand reaches out and grabs his arms and yanks him up from the hole, casting him on the ground with an agitated grunt of effort.

Ryou pauses and looks up into the frowning face of Bakura, staring down at him, "Y..you saved me?"

Bakura shrugs and turns, walking away, Ryou stands up and follows, "Why did you do that?"

Bakura doesn't answer and keeps walking, seemingly oblivious to the question.

Ryou speeds up and stands in front of Bakura and looks him in the eyes, "Why did you save me?"

Bakura stops midstep and glares at Ryou, "Don't ask stupid questions, just be glad I even bothered to save you at all, I just figured you'd be useful eventually." Bakura steps by Ryou staring ahead.

Ryou stands a moment, thinking over his cold words, then rushes after him, "Thank you."

A flicker of change crosses Bakura's face for a split second then leaves, and he grumbles a reply, " Nothing personal, like I said, so be quiet about it."

Ryou follows thinking hard, Why would he save me? It doesn't matter though, after everything he's done, just because he saved me, he left me in the first place anyway.

Bakura pauses, coming to an intersection, he growls out, "Which way?"

Ryou stops and looks around, "How would I know?"

Bakura starts walking right up some stairs muttering under his breath, "Useless....pfft..."

Ryou's eyes scan around trying to plot the place out, but it was futile, an endless maze, then he gets struck with an idea, "What if we called to Yami and Yugi?" "Maybe they'll hear us."

Bakura turns and glares at Ryou then looks ahead, "We don't need their help, and besides why call to Yami?"

Ryou argues, "You said that Yami still had his puzzle."

Bakura turns and glares straight into Ryou's eyes, "It doesn't work that way, and even if it did, the second they had helped us they'd be sending me to the Shadow Realm, and I'm not going back again, not unless it's because I'm sending someone else there."

Ryou stares, "Your the same, I knew it, you deserve to be put in the Shadow Realm."

Bakura rolls his eyes, "Don't flatter yourself, your making a small thing bigger than it is, I only saved you in case you'd be of use later."

Ryou steps back, "Well, I'm not going to help you, I'm going to find Yugi and you can rot in the Shadow Realm, thief."

Bakura laughs bitterly, "Thief?" "Ha!" "Fine, find them, but I'm not going to the Shadow Realm, and you, you can wander searching."

Ryou stands still watching Bakura cast him an amused glance and walk up the stairs and out of sight, Ryou walks down and goes to another flight of stairs.

Bakura turns, looking at the place he had just exited from and turns away shaking his head and mutters, "Fool."

Ryou draws in a deep breath as it seems to get a little colder, and he looks around, "Nothing but doors."

He walks around eyes raised, the walls of stone looming ominously around him, he shivers.

He passes a door and feels called to it, and he opens it wide.

In another part of the place, Bakura's eyes shift and he mutters, "Hmm?"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Darling_425 on February 24, 2006, 11:40:55 PM

Darling_425 on
Darling_425Cool! It would be nice if you would update!