Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - My past

Would it make you want to read it more with a well thought out description? Ok...Its about a disfunctional Irken named Vert.

Chapter 1 - My past

Chapter 1 - My past
Disfunctional
Written by: Zaffara

        My official Irken name is #0011324, but I was smeeted as Vert, I prefer Vert. I am 64, I don't know why they haven't killed me yet, I'm a useless appendage to the Irken empire.

The control brains named me as a disfunctional unit just after my smeethood. I was hoping that my differences would make me stand out as an important member of society, they would have, but for my clumsiness.

I discovered my first "gift" only a few days after I was smeeted, my antennae. My antennae were highly sensitive, and even the slightest movement or noise, would send a tidal wave of information flooding from my brain, to my PAK. Sounds good, other than the great pain that accompanies it. I haven't felt that pain for years. As a result of this sensitivity, I always kept my antennae close to my head, but not touching. This way I could still gather abnormal amounts of information, without being blasted full-in-the-face with it, thus reducing the pain to a slight tickle. The Watcher-Irkens, our teachers, took this as a sign of depression, and despite my unheard explanations, gave me an extra anti-depression lesson.

I also found an extra sense in my mind. I could detect and identify any living creature approaching me. It came natural only if it was threatening, but if it had no intentions of harming me, then I had to put a lot of concentration into finding it. This only worked for a short distance. I made a lot of friends this way, it was easy to keep us out of trouble this way.

Eventually, because my "depression" wasn't going away, they decided, due to my good training marks and behavior, to drop my anti-depression class. I was raised as a normal smeet, they noticed my promise, I wish they hadn't. Those were the happiest days of my life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment