Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - the promise

What if naruto returned in six years instead of two? Naruto relizes that he loves Hinata, so he asks her out, Only to realize that she's Kiba's Fiance. Will she stay faithfull to Kiba, or be with The one person she's wanted her whole life?

Chapter 3 - the promise

Chapter 3 - the promise
Chapter 3

What was it about him that brought the worst out in her? She was a gentile, kind girl who was considerate of others, but when naruto came into the picture, he turned her into a completely different person, a person she particularly did not want to be. She easily became agitated and would sacrifice anything for him. The next day she left her apartment early to go back to the hyuuga compound and apologize to her cousin.

In the courtyard, she saw her sister and Neji training under the watchful eye of her father. “Neji.” She bowed. “May I speak with you?” he put down his kunai and the two of them walked far away into the gardens.

“Neji, I wanted to apologize for last night…I don’t know why I was like that.”

“I don’t understand you…Kiba completely changes your life, he actually made you happy to the point ware at one time, you could never stop smiling and now you grew out of your shyness.”

“I know...” Hinata felt ashamed.

“Now that this….idiot comes back into your life, you’re willing to throw it all away for him. Meanwhile, when he was here when we were younger, he couldn’t even give a Rat’s @$$ about you, but now you are jeopardizing your engagement for him? Hinata, I know you loved him, and you made that quite obvious, but do you realize what your doing?”

“I…I don’t know Neji”

“You’ll listen to me if you’re smart Hinata. Next time you see naruto, you are to ignore him. As painful as it may be. In the long run it will benefit you and Kiba.”

“Alright, I’ll try, I just….Neji, you have no idea how hard this is for me. I loved him with all my heart when I was younger and all I wanted in this whole world was for him to just notice me even a little. And now that he came back into my life, let alone, he loves me. I don’t know what to do. This is so hard.”

“I understand, but you wouldn’t want to kill Kiba’s feelings would you, after all he’s done for you?”

“no, I wouldn’t…” she sighed.

“and you do love Kiba very much, right?”

“right! So from now on, if you cant ignore Naruto, then you are just friends, okay?”

“okay.”

She got up from the soft moss she was sitting at and took a deep breath. “Thank you Neji.”

“You’re welcome, and remember what I said.”

His word stung Hinata’s ears like a torch has been shoved in there by Neji himself. Ignore Naruto, just be his friend? It was simply something she could not do. But, betray Kiba, who loved her dearly and treated her like a goddess, she couldn’t do that either. She went into her favorite park and sat at her favorite bench, which was hidden deep within a group of trees.

She took a deep breath and thought about what she should do. “Oh god….Why did he have to come back?!?!?!?!?!?!!?” she yelled in an exhausted way. “Why did who have to come back, Hinata?” She was shocked and turned around. It was none other than Naruto. “Oh Naruto! You scared me!” she exclaimed. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to!” he laughed. He grabbed the back of the bench and hurdled himself over in an attempt to show off and sit down, but instead he fell face first into the dirt on the floor and landed on his back. Hinata bursted into a fit of laughter. “Naruto! Are you okay?” she gave him a hand. “Yes, I’m fine, I did that on purpose!” he chuckled as he sat down next to her. “I swear, everyone else in this world has changed so much, but not my naruto. You are still the same.” “Yea, I know, you especially have changed, you couldn’t even look at me when we talked, and that’s why I haven’t noticed your amazing eyes until now.” She blushed and looked at the floor under her. “And considering how you changed, that’s just why I needed to get you this.” He pulled a sterling silver box decorated with all sorts of designs and pearls and crystal that was supposed to resemble diamonds. In the middle, in script, it had the word “Hinata Hyuuga.” While I was training outdoors, I saw so many butterflies, and I saw how they metamorphosed, and when I look at you now, you know, how you’ve changed, I think of a beautiful butterfly after it comes out of its chrysalis.” Hinata was speechless. “See, I can be like Kiba, even better if you give me a chance…Can you give me a chance Hinata? I promise, you won’t regret saying yes…so just say it, please…” Hinata felt faint and her heart was in her throat. “I…I have to go!” she got up and made a run for it. She ran about a yard but she found Naruto’s iron grip around her arm. “Please naruto, I have to go!” “Wait,” he said firmly. “I love you, and I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you in the past.” His hands cupped her face and the back of her head. Her eyes just couldn’t look into his. “Hinata, don’t be afraid to look at me. “No!” she screamed. “I don’t have to.” Ok, fine! Do what you want but just listen. As I was saying before, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you in the past, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been paying attention to you. I know you, you keep everything locked away inside, and from what I still remember you once loved me and cared about me. So, I know you’re scared and confused, I am too! But you need to understand I love you! Ok, I LOVE YOU! BELIEVE IT! I intend to keep that promise to you forever.” “Naruto…why didn’t you have to tell me this now? WHY?!? And why would you want me, stop lying! If Kiba finds us, he’ll kill you!” “So what?!?!?!!?” he screamed. “I’ve been dieing a little more each day since you came back into my life!” Hinata shook her head as she heard this. “Why me, Naruto? Out of the blue you randomly say you love me, I know it’s a lie…”

They locked eyes when she finally looked into his. She waited for a reply. Well, it wasn’t words. His faced was shoved into hers before she could react. Involuntarily, her arms slid up his shoulders and hung limp around his neck as he pulled her in deeper. No one ever kissed her like this.

After about a minute they broke apart. He whispered in her ear “I love you Hinata…”

She shivered as she heard him say this.

“I love you too…Naruto.”

Oooo! What’s gonna happen next? Wait for updates to find out! Please read and review and thank you for reading. Also, I don’t own naruto.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MaliceKiotsu on April 30, 2008, 6:21:22 AM

MaliceKiotsu on
MaliceKiotsuAhhhh dude this is like sooo messed up but it is soooo bad @$$ man.Naruto and Hinata was ment for one another

cherryblossom93 on November 13, 2007, 7:06:24 AM

cherryblossom93 on
cherryblossom93Aw, I heart awkward love triangles. *nods head*

And this is one of my favorites. Any other pairings appearing in here? Maybe a smidge of ShikaTem, or ChoIno? An OC for Sai (er... if he's even here in this universe...)

*coughs* I feel so demanding.

^.^

ZeldaGirl9793 on November 13, 2007, 7:16:44 AM

ZeldaGirl9793 on
ZeldaGirl9793thankyou, actually, i might sove some choino, or shikatemi, i'm not sure yet :-) but I'm so happy u like it ^_^