Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Its is set in Middle Earth and starts around the time when the fellowship begins. Gilthoniel is the youngest sibling of Haldir of Lothlorien this story is about her life and her trying to cope with three older brothers.

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6


Chapter 6



Gilthoniel had been staying in Rivendell for a while and was walking around the House of Elrond. She was wearing a white dress with red-brown shoulders and gold swirls just below this and it had a navy blue sash around the waist. In her hair was set a golden circlet. Amber stones hung from her ears and swayed as the wind blew through her hair.

A young elf came galloping up to her as she was sitting on a bench as far as possible away from anyone else, enjoying her own company. He rode a beautiful chestnut mare whose mane and tail were jet black.

`Lady Gilthoniel, I must speak with Elrond immediately, can you tell me where he is?' the elf said hurriedly.'

`I am here, what is it?' Elrond's voice came from behind them. Gilthoniel looked over her shoulder and saw Elrond standing watching him.

`Ah, my lord, you knew I was coming?' the elf exclaimed.

`I did.'

`So you know why I am here?'

`I do.'

`Well then, you know that I need to speak with you alone now.' The elf glanced meaningfully at Gilthoniel.

`Oh yes, Gilthoniel, please go back to the inside, and could you, Findiel, Tillyena and Nimrodel pack your bags?'

`Yes Lord Elrond.' Gilthoniel bowed to him and left. She found Tilly and Nimrodel making flower chains and passed on Elrond's message. She then went to her own room to pack. Findiel was sitting down writing in a book.

`What are you doing?' Findiel raised an eyebrow when he saw her putting her clothes in her bag.

`Packing,' Gilthoniel replied vaguely and proceeded to do so. `Oh, Elrond said you should too.'

Findiel sighed and closed his book. He went to his room and came back a minute later. `Elrond wants to see you.' He said, poking his head round the door.

Gilthoniel went to Elrond's private room and closed the door.

`Gilthoniel, I'm afraid that Luthien brought me some bad news.' Elrond indicated for her to sit down and crouched down on the floor next to her chair. `I'm afraid the battle at Helm's Deep is over.'

`And is Aragorn okay? Is Legolas okay? What happened?' Gilthoniel's voice trembled.

`Aragorn is fine, Legolas is fine, the whole Fellowship is fine, it's just, well, your brother…'

`Haldir?' Gilthoniel's cried. `Orophin, Rumil, which one? What happened?'

`Haldir, he's…there's no easy way for me to say this…it's just…I'm so sorry, he's been killed.'

Gilthoniel stared at him, confused. How could this be true? She looked into Elrond's eyes and instantly knew he was speaking the truth.

She fled from the room and out of the building. She ran past Nimrodel and Tillyena and onto the bridge over the river. There she sat, her feet dipped in the water and screamed. She cried, tears of anger, rage and sorrow streaming down her face. She lifted her feet out of the cool water and rested her head on her knees, and wept.

She heard footsteps and the bridge behind her and turned around to see Findiel looking down at her. She looked into the blue water and felt even more tears roll down her cheeks.

Findiel sat down beside her and put his arm around her. Gilthoniel rested her head on his shoulder and whipped the tears from her eyes.

`He's dead, I can't believe it, he's dead.' Gilthoniel croaked, her throat sore from crying.

`I know it's difficult, but Haldir wouldn't want you to cry, would he?' Findiel said, stroking her hair.

Gilthoniel stood up and walked backwards and forwards along the bridge. She could stop thinking about their last conversation. `I regret now that my last words to him were words of anger.' Gilthoniel whispered, not daring to raise her voice any louder in case she began to cry again.

`No, don't blame yourself. I'm sure he forgave you before he died.' Findiel stood and wrapped his arms around her. `He'll be smiling at you now, wherever he is.'

Gilthoniel looked up at Findiel who smiled at her. He bent down and pulled a lily from the ground and gave it to her. He looked deep into her now amber eyes and stroked her cheek. `No matter where Haldir is, you will always be his sister, and he will always love you.'

Findiel turned and walked away, leaving Gilthoniel by the river, feeling trapped and without anyone to help her escape.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on July 12, 2005, 5:51:12 AM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennai dunno, immortals, they just dont seem to stay immortal for very long, do they? hee hee hee *laughs as she remebers haldirs head being split in ttwo by an orcu axe*