Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

Its is set in Middle Earth and starts around the time when the fellowship begins. Gilthoniel is the youngest sibling of Haldir of Lothlorien this story is about her life and her trying to cope with three older brothers.

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10


Chapter 10



Gilthoniel found Galadriel in the crowned hall, sitting down at the table. She walked across and sat next to her, taking a sip of the wine in front of her.

`What has happened, my child?' Galadriel asked, giving Gilthoniel a sideways look.

`Legolas tried to force me to tell him who I love, then he slapped me, then he asked me to forgive him.' Gilthoniel told her, still shaking with fury.

`Well, why would he want you to tell him that?' Galadriel inquired.

`Because he is a freak and is obsessed with me.' Gilthoniel snarled, folding her arms and glaring at Galadriel.

`Never mind, you will forget about it in a minute.' Galadriel smile and stood up.

A horn blew from the other side of the room and all the guests took their seats. Food was brought in and soon everyone was eating the tasty cuisine. Gilthoniel took a sip of some delicious drink, which tasted a lot like honey water, and she felt all her anger with Legolas disappear. She knew what he had done was wrong and he had no right to shout at her like he did but did it matter?

Of course it matters, her brain reminded her, but she choose to ignore it and listened to the heart chatter and gossip.

Galadriel seemed to know what she was doing and leaned over to Gilthoniel. `Its isn't polite ton eavesdrop Gilthoniel.' She hissed in her ear.

`So?' Gilthoniel murmured, looking straight ahead, away from Galadriel. `Nobody cares about that when they listen to my conversations, so why shouldn't I listen to theirs?'

Galadriel was about to say something, but knew Gilthoniel would argue with it, so she shut her mouth.

`Why are we even having a feast now anyway?' Gilthoniel asked, turning to face her now. `We usually only celebrate like this on special occasions. What is special about tonight?'

Galadriel smiled at this. `You shall see, my child, you shall see.'



***

After the feast, Gilthoniel was led to a small chamber next to the banquet hall. Inside were a few chairs so Gilthoniel sat down. Galadriel, however, remained standing, as if there was someone else about to arrive.

`Galadriel?' Gilthoniel said. Galadriel turned to face her, a smile playing on her lips. `What is going on?'

`When your brothers arrive, you will see.' Galadriel smiled and turned back to face the door.

Gilthoniel sighed and leaned back in the chair. She was bored. Why did she have to wait for her brothers, they were always late. Why couldn't she find out now?

Gilthoniel couldn't think what it could be. It wasn't her birthday, and usually when she was going somewhere her brothers told her, but Galadriel never needed to be there.

Celeborn entered, followed by her brothers, and a dark haired elf she did not know. Findiel also entered, and Gilthoniel smiled at him, before standing to greet the stranger.

`Gilthoniel,' Galadriel pushed her forward. `I want you to meet Galdor. Galdor, this is Gilthoniel.'

`Hello.' Gilthoniel said, curtsying. Galdor took her hand in his and kissed it. `It is a pleasure to meet you.'

`The pleasure is mine,' Galdor said, gently kissing her hand. Gilthoniel smiled and looked over at Findiel. He made a face as if pretending to be sick, and Gilthoniel tried to force herself not to laugh.

`Gilthoniel, Galdor has traveled a long way to get here.' Galadriel said, hinting something in the way she said it.

`Oh, please, sit down.' Gilthoniel gestured to a chair and he sat down on it, still holding Gilthoniel's hand. She had no choice but to sit down next to him. She could see Findiel pretending to retch over Galdor's shoulder and strained to keep a straight face.

`Yes, I came from Mirkwood to be here.' He smiled at her, showing his pearly white teeth. Gilthoniel could feel her smile becoming very fixed.

Yes, Galdor came all the way here to be with you.' Galadriel prompted.

Gilthoniel was taken aback. `Well, how…nice.' Behind Galdor Findiel slapped his head with his hand. `I mean, how kind of you to come all the way here just to see me. My I inquire as to why?'

`Well, because I heard that the most beautiful elf in all the land live right here in Lothlorien, and I came to find out for myself if it was true.'

Findiel made the sound of being about to throw up, and everyone turned to face him and he had to quickly turn it into a cough. Gilthoniel felt as should too of her ribs had cracked from trying not to laugh.

`Well, maybe you shouldn't listen to fairy-tales, Galdor.' Gilthoniel said, bringing his attention back to her.

`Well, this fairy-tale was true.' He took hold of her hand in his, again, and Gilthoniel's smile faded a little.

`Oh, thank you.' She said and then turned to Galadriel for help.

`Maybe you two could take a day out riding tomorrow?' Rumil suggested and Gilthoniel glared at him, but Galdor beamed.

`Yes,' He said joyfully. `Yes, I think that is a splendid idea.'

Gilthoniel smiled again and stood up. Galdor stood too and took her hand and kissed it. Gilthoniel's smile wavered.

`Well then, I'll see you tomorrow.' Gilthoniel curtseyed and went out, followed by Findiel. When they were outside she hit him on the shoulder.

`What did you do that for, I almost died laughing!' Gilthoniel's eyes blazed with anger mixed with laughter.

Findiel laughed. `Well, he was a complete loser!'

`I know, but I was doing all I could to stop myself breaking out in hysterics. Oh, I have a stitch now!'

Findiel laughed again. `Well, you had better be going off to bed to be fresh for you ride with Galdor.'

`Yes, so should you. I am not going to be left alone with him!'

`No way! I don't want to go anywhere near him. I may just, accidentally of course, knock him of his horse, hold his head under the water of the river Nimrodel and hid his body in the trees.'

`Don't worry, I will make sure you don't kill him, but please, I don't want to be on my own with him!'

Findiel laughed and Gilthoniel said goodnight to him. She returned to her room, where Elendil was asleep on her bed. Gilthoniel changed into some nightclothes and climbed into bed. She fell asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow.

Gilthoniel's dream was not unfamiliar to her, she felt as if she had had it before, but couldn't remember where from. She could see herself, running through the forest, then coming to a hut, clutching her bow and arrows. She dropped them as she entered the hut, then spoke to a young elf woman. Lying on a bed inside the hut was and elf she recognized, with three arrows in his chest. Gilthoniel couldn't think who it was. She saw herself pouring water into a cup and making him drink it. He tried to hold her in his arms, but she wouldn't let him. After a while tears began to pour down her cheeks and she let him take her in his arms and kiss her, before he died. She saw herself stand up, and she immediately recognized the elf lying on the bed. It was Findiel. She also knew what was about to happen. She saw herself walk out of the out and collapse on the ground. She picked herself up, taking her arrows and bows with her. Findiel's blood was streaming down her face and she took an arrow, fitted it into her bow and fired it. She took another, and another, and fired them anywhere, she wasn't even aiming. Soon, and arrow come towards her and buried itself in her chest. She fell over and Rumil and Halibrien ran towards her, dragging her back out of range from the enemy archers. She coughed, and blood gurgled out of her mouth. She smiled at her brother before letting her eyes roll back into her head and her head slumped against her neck. Rumil shook her and yelled out her name, but she was gone.

Gilthoniel sat up, gasping. She knew where she had seen that before. She knew it was going to happen. And she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on July 12, 2005, 6:36:02 AM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you have to marry a freaky creapy woodelf, a) hes from mirkwood, b) hes a slimeball and c) hes actually worse than one of nemya's 'freinds' and even worse than a buddy, thats gotta be bad

Nemya on March 24, 2005, 2:23:38 AM

Nemya on
NemyaPS: Galdor is a freak o.o

Nemya on March 24, 2005, 2:23:00 AM

Nemya on
Nemyayay story story story story story!!!

Thank you sooo much for uploading!!! *glomps*

Now pleeeaaaasee write more!! And could Nimrodel be in it??? *pesters*

awesomeness!!! NOW WRITE MOOOOOORE!