Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Old dreams fade

Kaede Mishua live with her grandparents in Domino City. She loves her school and her friends. But there is a certain guy she finds it impossible to like, but maybe he is the one she will love?

Chapter 18 - Old dreams fade

Chapter 18 - Old dreams fade


Old dreams fade



`YAY! I'M GOING TO KAEDE'S SCHOOL!' Marik shouted the whole car journey the next Tuesday. He had been needed at the inquest the day before, so wasn't allowed to come, but he had begged and pleaded to be allowed the next day.

`YES! I'M GOING TO SCHOOL! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!' Marik jumped up and down in the back seat of the car, until Kaede turned around and punched him in the chest.

`Thank you Kaede,' her grandfather said as she settled back in the front seat, her feet up on the dashboard. `So, how is Joey then?'

`I don't know,' Kaede shrugged. `I don't care either.'

`Aren't you still going out?'

`No! I dumped him,' Kaede said, suddenly fascinated by her fingernails.

`But he was such a nice boy,' her grandfather said, frowning.

`Trust me; he wasn't nice, at all!' Kaede said, staring out of the window, laughing at all the kids from their school who had to walk. `Any guy who cheats on you is not nice.'

Her grandfather said no more, and when they got to school he kissed Kaede on the cheek same as always. `Have a nice day.'

`Alright, see you later,' Kaede said, heaving her bag onto her shoulder and getting out of the car. Marik jumped up and down, really excited, and was about to run all the way to the building, but Kaede grabbed his hair before he could run.

`Okay, first rule, NEVER run into school unless you are late. You have to walk as slowly as possible as though you really don't want to be here, like this,' Kaede showed him slow walking looking depressed to be in school.

`But I want to go to school!'

`Tough!'

They made it to their classroom bickering about how to walk to school, and when Kaede walked in it felt as though she had walked into a freezer. Ana was back (she had fainted the day before and handed come into school) and Honda wasn't talking to her, she still wasn't talking to Tea and it seemed like no one was talking to Joey.

`Dudes, what happened?' Kaede asked. `Oh, yeah, Ana, Honda, this is Marik, I guess you guys didn't see him when he came on Friday.'

Ana nodded, and Kaede noticed something on her face. Kaede walked over and looked at her. Her face was bruised and her lip was split as though she'd been beaten up.

`Ana, what happened to you?' Kaede whispered to her friend. Ana shook her head and looked at Honda. Kaede looked towards him as well, and could feel the tension between them. She turned back to Ana. `Did Honda do this to you?'

Ana shook her head and didn't say anything, so Kaede dropped it.

She, Marik, Yuula and Honda made their way to maths and all sat together. Their teacher looked at Marik a little weirdly, but said nothing and handed out the work. While their teacher was writing up the work they were to do, Yuula leaned over to Kaede and whispered, `So, what actually happened between you and Joey? You were great, and then all of a sudden you weren't talking to each other.'

`You know Mai Valentine?'

`Yeah, what about her?'

`He was going out with her,' Kaede said grimly.

`You're joking?!' Yuula said loudly.

`Shh, keep your voice down,' Kaede hissed. `Yeah, he was, and probably still is, coz I dumped him.'

Yuula decided she was good enough at being sympathetic and started pointing out all the pluses of not going out with Joey anymore.

`I mean, Joey was a bit of an idiot, and anyway, now you can come out with us more, now that you don't have a boyfriend,' Yuula blabbed away happily.

`Who says I don't have a boyfriend?' Kaede asked, not looking up as she was trying to work out a very hard equation. `What?' Yuula demanded. `Who?' `Tell me you scumbag, I demand to know!'

`Okay, but you have to try and guess,' Kaede grinned at Yuula, who was twitching with impatience.

`No,' Yuula said, trying to control breathing. `Tell. Me. NOW!'

`Fine, it's Seto,' Kaede said, looking down at her work so she didn't have to see Yuula's face.

`What, you mean Seto Kaiba? As in, THE Seto Kaiba? As in, the Seto Kaiba that you hate?' Yuula demanded. `I thought you hated him?'

`Well, I guess I've changed my mind,' Kaede shrugged. `He is really different, and so much nicer than everyone expects him to be.'

`You're weird,' Yuula said, and finally started her work, 5 minutes before the end of the lesson.

After the lesson Kaede went to the girl's bathroom, giving Yuula strict instructions to be nice to Marik or else. She entered one of the cubicles, and heard the door open and someone else come in. She heard them enter the cubicle next to her. Kaede stood and flushed and washed her hands.

Perching her bag on the sink she pulled out her make-up bag and touched up her eye shadow. She put it back in her bag when Joey came out of the cubicle next to the one she had been in.

`WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?' Kaede yelled, spinning around to face him. `THIS IS A GIRL'S BATHROOM, GET THE HELL OUT!'

`Kaede, I am so sorry!' Joey stepped towards her, his eyes red as though he had been crying. `I am so sorry!'

`YOU FOLLOWED ME IN HERE TO TELL ME THAT?' Kaede yelled. He nodded and Kaede felt strangely superior. `Well, I'm not going to forgive you until you get down on your hands and knees if front of our whole school, telling them all exactly what you've done and apologising, and after that, you can give me my virginity back. Until then,' Kaede said, pulling open the door. `Please don't try and win me back or anything, because I'm happy as things are at the moment.'

`Kaede, please come back, I love you,' Joey begged.

Kaede stopped, turned around to say something, but seeing how pathetic he looked, she didn't have the heart to insult him, and just left the bathroom, closing the door behind her.


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

setokaibaslittlesis on October 17, 2006, 11:39:53 AM

setokaibaslittlesis on
setokaibaslittlesisMARIK CAN'T HAVE BAKURA!! He is MINE!!!

Lanathae on March 29, 2006, 12:14:49 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaeheh heh heh Joey is such a looser

Tillyenna on November 2, 2005, 2:22:46 AM

Tillyenna on
TillyennaSCUMBAG.....yay, and hmmmmmm i think yuula is being TOOOOOOOO much like mel, although she isi mel, we could er...dispose of some of the less apetising characteristics (what am I on????)

Eoara on October 30, 2005, 5:51:26 AM

Eoara on
Eoarayayayay! you wrote more...and ana has a black and blue face...and joey is on the floor...where he belongs. muahahaha. and no one is talking to each other. and marik is hyper. oh dear. such a pity. he ryou DO make a cute couple...as ryou is the silent type.,...i think. anyhow....very good

i likes it. and there is going to be party!!! yayaya! partyuyy!! i likeths party...