Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - CHapter 6 ( still lack of title )

syrus falls into a coma, and there's little hope of him coming out. can zane handle the fact that he may lose his little brother?

Chapter 6 - CHapter 6 ( still lack of title )

Chapter 6 - CHapter 6 ( still lack of title )
 Chapter 5

Last time:

Alayna looked at the scene in front of her. ‘How can I tell him…’ she thought sadly ‘That Master says he has to die…?’

-------

Alayna watched the brotherly moment as she prepared to tell the boy her orders. It should be simple, as the other times were, simply tell the person they must die, take them to the land of the dead, come back and wait for another. But, this boy…these emotions…what was happening? She should have no feelings of sympathy or compassion and yet this was incredibly hard for her! She looked at Syrus for a moment. Was it possible that she…

Her thoughts quickly vanished as she saw Syrus jerk suddenly. Stepping back, Syrus stumbled and fell to his knees.

“What…what’s happening? I…I feel like I’m getting weaker by the second!” Alayna’s eyes widened and she rushed over.

“I shouldn’t have kept you hear this long!” She gasped. “You’re life energy is almost used up!”

“What does that mean?” Syrus asked fearfully.

“Life energy is what was keeping you from going to the land of the dead in the first place!” Now Syrus’ eyes widened. Alayna grabbed his hand. “Come!” Another flash of light followed her words.

------

Syrus stood, panting. Alayna scanned the area warily. Confused, Syrus decided to ask her about her behavior.

What’s wrong? You seemed worried and scared…” Alayna turned to him.

Syrus…”she said slowly “there’s something I need to tell you…”

------

Zane turned as her heard the door open. His parents and a doctor stood there. His mother was crying softly, and his father appeared to have been crying.

“Hnm?” Zane questioned.

“Zane…” Mr. Truesdale started, “We have…bad news…” A sob was heard from Mrs. Truesdale

“What is it?” Zane said, suddenly nervous.

“Well…the doctors say that even though Syrus is alive in body…his mind is gone…which means…he can never wake up.”

Zane froze. Never wake up? But, Syrus was alive! Not dead! Not his brother! No! Never! He…

“He has to wake up!” Zane said franticly. “He can’t die! Those machines make sure of it!”

“Mr.Truesdale…” The doctor began. “Allow me to explain…yes, your brother is alive physically, but he is literally brain dead. He cannot think, feel anything. Even this equipment can’t prevent this. What we need you to do is give us permission to take him off life-support. We need the entire family’s permission.”

“What? Never! Syrus will wake up! He…”

“Zane…” Mrs.Truesdale said softly, “Think about it…do you want Syrus like this his entire life? Or do you want to free him from this body?” Zane tried to stop the tears from flowing, but it was getting harder and harder each passing minuet. He looked over at his brother’s unmoving body.

“I…give you my permission…” Zane whispered.

-------

D-D-Die?” Syrus said in horror. “B-But you said I had a choice!’ Alayna shook her head

‘I said some had a choice…but Master says you don’t have a choice…’
’why not!’ Syrus demanded. Alayna looked at him with pity in her eyes.


They’re going to take you off of the thing called “Life Support” and after that you must go to the land of the dead.’

Off life-support?’ Syrus gasped, ‘Why would they?’

according to them, you are “Brain Dead” meaning they think you can never wake up.’ She turned to him. ‘I am so sorry.’ Syrus turned away, no longer able to resist, and broke down crying. Alayna could think of nothing else to do but stand next to him and watch.

 

----------

AnimeGuys4Me: ok! One more chapter I think! Oh, and I might have an alternate ending! Please review!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment