Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Farewell

Who knows what can happen ten years after you leave high school in your Sophomore year. Here's RAA's Class of 2011

Chapter 1 - Farewell

Chapter 1 - Farewell
It was the summer of 2009 at RAA, and the school was in anticipating for the day to end, so they could be free to welcome summer. No longer did they have to worry of the pressures of school. At last they were free! Well, at least until the end of their End-of-the Year parties.

But, in the Sophomore English classrom was the Class of 2011, and to them it would be nothing more but a three-month torture for them, no longer would they be able to see and talk to their friends(well, except for their cellphones, where they will be increasing the monthly bill for the next three months) it had always been like this for them, saying their teary goodbyes to friends, and when school started once more it would be a joyus celebration. At least this time the students will have a very good(and hopefully tearless) party, and were enjoying themselves . . . Well, almost everybody.

For standing in a corner was a fifteen-year-old Filipino girl, her long, black hair tied up in a ponytail, and her signature black-framed glasses sliding down her nose. Sighing, the girl pushed them back up, and she scanned the room, a sense of both sadness and worry slowly creeping across her face.

"Jasmine?" someone asked.

Looking behind her, Jasmine saw a blonde girl with blue eyes that expressed concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked.
"Y-Yeah!" Jasmine replied. "I'm fine! I just have a lot on my mind right now. You don't have to worry about it Audrey!"

Nodding with suspicion, Audrey shrugged and turned around. Taking a deep breath, Jasmine combed her hair with her fingers. No, she wasn't okay, for she had just found out that she would be moving to the Philippines, and she had decided not to tell anyone. Anyone that is except Matt.

Matt was an Indonesian boy, whom Jasmine had a crush on since Freshmen year, and now that she was moving. She had decided it was either now or never. Taking one more deep breath, Jasmine begins to walk towards Matt, only to hear her friend's voice,

"Hey Pluffy-chan! Whatcha doin'?"
"Franci," Jasmine mumbled beneath her breath. "Not now!"

Standing close by, was one of Jasmine's best friends, Franci. Of all of her friends, Franci was a person who always would stand by her side, and yet be a major annoyance to her as well, especially when it came around to Jasmine's crush. But somehow, someway Jasmine always got back at her for such teasing. And even though the two could get at each other's throats there was one thing they had in common: Anime. Of all the things they enjoy talking about the most, it was anime, for both were anime artists and they always helped each other out with their drawings.

Looking at Jasmine with a confused expression, Franci looked towards the direction she was walking towards and the moment she saw Matt, Franci yelped and turned around. Laughing softly, Jasmine approached Matt.

"M-Matt?" she asked nervously.
Looking down at Jasmine, Matt smiled, "Yeah?"
"M-May I t-talk to you privately?"
"Sure."

Jasmine smiled weakly as she and Matt walked towards the door, and as they stepped into the empty quad, she looked up to the sky, and whispered,

"I'm not sure what to say."

After several seconds of silence, Jasmine quickly said, "I-I like you."
But looking up to see Matt's shocked face, she sighed and said, "But apparently you don't like me."

As Jasmine began to walk away, Matt quickly shook his head, and grabbing Jasmine by they arm, he pulled her back, and said, "Wait . . . I kinda like you too, but why are you telling me now?"

Blushing madly, Jasmine replied weakly, "I-I'm moving to the Philippines."
"Oh . . . " Matt sighed, disappointed.

Smiling softly, Jasmine carefully wrapped her arms around Matt, while Matt did the same.

At the time, Franci had stepped out of the classroom to retrieve something from her locker, but the moment she saw Matt and Jasmine she yelped frantically and scrambled back into the classroom. Watching Franci's reaction, Jasmine laughed as she quietly squirmed free from Matt, and added, "Please don't tell anyone."

Not sure why, Matt nodded trusting Jasmine, as he took Jasmine's hand and led her back to the classroom, where they separated and returned to their friends. But as Jasmine approached her friends, she saw the sly looks on Audrey's and Franci's faces and she groaned inwardly.

"Ooh, Jasmine," Audrey said, playfully nudging Jasmine.
"Way to go Pluffy-chan!" cheered Franci. "So when's the first date?"
"D-Date?!" Jasmine asked blushing a little bit. "M-M-Matt and I aren't a c-couple!"
"Then---" Franci said.
"Matt and I both knew that our parents wouldn't approve of the idea of dating," Jasmine lied.

Both shocked and suspicious of Jasmine's reaction, Audrey and Franci picked up their bags as their teacher announced the end of the party.

"Well, see you guys next year!" Franci called as the group went their different ways.
"Yeah . . . " Jasmine said sadly. "See ya . . . "

Looking around the school for one last time, Jasmine sighed and walked towards her ride. This would be the last time she would see her and the last time anyone would see her again.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment