Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Reuniting with Old Friends

Who knows what can happen ten years after you leave high school in your Sophomore year. Here's RAA's Class of 2011

Chapter 4 - Reuniting with Old Friends

Chapter 4 - Reuniting with Old Friends
"The one and only!" laughed Jasmine as she was embraced with a hug from Franci.
"It so good to see you!" Franci said, but suddenly growing angry she confronted Jasmine. "WHERE WERE YOU FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS?!"
Eyes widening with fear, Jasmine backed up to a wall. "Ph-Ph-Philippines . . . I . . . ah . . . moved . . . "
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE?!"
"Didn't want to, plus the fact that I had a feeling I wouldn't be missed."

As Franci calmed down, she shook her head and looked towards her friend, who now had a look of guilt on her face and said, "You know better than that Pluffy-chan, your a close friend and mysteriously vanishing gives me a panic attack."
"Sorry Fuu," Jasmine replied shrugging.
"So anyways," Franci said. "What brings you back to America?"
"Somehow 3ABN* managed to recruit me as animation director for a show that I created just for the network," Jasmine replied happily. "And for other reasons too."
"Oooh, you mean like Matt?" Franci asked, the ever-so familiar sly look appearing in her eyes.
Jasmine didn't reply, instead she looked away blushing.
"You do!" Franci exclaimed. "You still like him!"
"N-No I don't!" stammered Jasmine as she grabbed a water bottle and began to drink it.
"Mmhmm," Franci replied as she peeked out a window to see Matt coming. "Oh look, Matt's coming."
Jasmine suddenly began to choke on her water and spitting out the liquid she gasped, "WHAT?!"

The two heard the sound of a bell, indicating that someone has entered the resturant.

"Franci?" Matt called. "Are you there?"
"I'll be there in a couple minutes," Franci called back, with a mischievious smile.
"All right," responded Matt.

Grinning once more, Franci grabbed Jasmine by the shoulders and began to push her to the door. Immediately seeing what Franci is planning, Jasmine begins to struggle. Surprised at Jasmine's strength, Franci begins to force Jasmine towards the door, even though her friend has appeared to have grown stronger than the last time she saw her, so has Franci herself. Within seconds, Franci manages to push Jasmine through the door . . . And into Matt's arms!

"H-Hey M-Matt," Jasmine said her facing turning a cherry red.
"J-Jasmine?" Matt asked blushing a little bit himself. "No way."
"Heh," Jasmine laughed nervously. "Believe it."

Smirking, Franci turned to the sound system in her kitchen and turning it on, she placed a romantic CD into the system, and played a song. Peeking through the window, she laughed at the sight of the two turning even more red than before.

"I am gonna get her for that," Jasmine mumbled as Matt helped her up.
"I know this is sudden but . . . ah . . . would you like to go on a date with me?"
"S-S-Sure," Jasmine replied.
"Cool so pick you up at eight?" Matt asked, walking towards the door.
"I-I-I'm o-o-o-okay w-w-with that."
"All right see you later," Matt called leaving the resturant.
"Oh . . . my gosh," Jasmine whispered walking towards the kitchen door.

As Jasmine entered the kitchen, Franci was cheering, "Way to go Pluffy-chan! You finally got your date with Matt!"
"N-No thanks to you," Jasmine replied grabbing her water bottle.
"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Franci yelped, as Jasmine pinned her to the wall. "Wh-What are you doing Pluffy-chan?!"
"A little thing I'd like to call, payback," Jasmine replied pouring the water down Franci's shirt.(I know it's not the most mature thing to do, but Jasmine's a kid at heart.)
Yelping in response, Franci moaned, "Jasmine!"
"What?!" Jasmine asked. "We're even aren't we?"
"But if you haven't noticed, there's like fifteen minutes left before we open!"
"Crap," Jasmine muttered. "Sorry, wasn't paying attention. Do you want to head home to change?"
"While you manage the resturant?!" Franci exclaimed. "No way!"
"Okay then what's your ever so bright idea?"
"Let's just wait for the assitant manager to come and we'll head to my place for me to change, and from there we'll head over to Roo's place to drop off a delievery."
"Wait," Jasmine said. "You mean Audrey?"
"Oh yeah, she has her own ranch in Laurendale," Franci replied.
"Dang," Jasmine mumbled. "So much has changed. What about Cuppy?"(There are two Audreys in this story so one is called Cuppy, and the other is called Roo)
"Cuppy?" Franci asked. "Oh she's in Japan, studying law."
"I can tell somebody's jealous," giggled Jasmine.
"Whatever," Franci replied rolling her eyes. "I went there for my honeymoon with Robbie."
"So what else should I know about?" Jasmine asked.
"Well, Roo's married to . . . Tyler."
"So I really did here wedding bells, when those two got together."
"Of course," giggled Franci. "And you remember Cole don't you?"
"So close to forgetting Franci, you just had to bring him back didn't you?!" growled Jasmine
"Sorry," laughed Franci. "Well, anyways after high school, Cole tried out for American Idol."
"And what? He was given the boot two seconds after he sang?"(This is too true, Cole is a HORRIBLE singer!)
"Actually no, he became one of the contestants, but Simon insulted Cole so bad he ran off stage crying."
"Poor guy."
"And now he's the principal at RAA."
"Wow, like father like son."
"And to think, Cole always got in trouble with his dad."Yes, Cole's father was the principal of RAA)

Chuckling in response, Jasmine looked out the window, and smiled.

"It looks like your assitant manager's here," she pointed out.

Nodding, Franci walked out to meet the assitant manager, after several minutes of talking, Franci waved Jasmine over, urging her to follow her. Smiling, Jasmine quickly ran after her.

"We'll take my car," Franci said.
"May I remind you that you almost ran me over with that car!?" Jasmine exclaimed.
"But---" Franci started.
"No thanks, we'll take my car," Jasmine stated firmly.

Grumbling in response, Franci followed Jasmine to the front of the resturant, and eyebrows raised in shock as she stared at Jasmine's Honda Hybrid.

"Wh . . . How?" Franci stammered.
"Animation director is more of a part time thing," Jasmine explained. "I applied as a dentist at the federal prison up in the High Desert, and I've been accepted, problem is I don't have a place to stay."
"Well," Franci stated thoughtfully. "There are a few condos for sale at the place where I live."
"Sweet," Jasmine said, as she climbed into the driver's seat.
"So maybe later you can try and purchase one," Franci said climbing into the passenger seat.
"That sounds good enough for me," Jasmine said starting the ignition.

As Jasmine followed the directions Franci gave her, Franci gazed out the window. She couldn't believe it! Jasmine her best friend was back! She had so much to tell her, what happened to her classmates . . . Taking a quick glance at Jasmine, Franci shivered at the thought of what had happened to one of her classmates, Georgia. No, she decided, it would be best if she didn't tell . . . At least, not yet.

"FRANCI!" Jasmine's shout brings Franci out of her daze. "We're here!"
"Ah," Franci said. "Sorry, spaced out for a little bit."

And with that Franci stepped out of the car and walked towards the building. "I'll be back in ten!" she called to Jasmine.

Nodding numbly, Jasmine watched Franci, noticing the sad expression on her face. 'What's with Franci?' she thought.

* * *


About two hours later, a young man with messy brown hair and brown eyes was gazing out the window.

"Where is she?" he mumbled. "She should've been here by now!"
"Tyler?" a girl asked as she stepped into the room. "Franci isn't here yet?"
"No," Tyler replied hearing his stomach growl softly. "But she better hurry."
"Well," sighed Audrey. "When she comes tell she can come to the practice ring."
"All right," Tyler said kissing his wife lightly on the cheek. "I'll let her know."

Blushing, Audrey quickly left the room heading towards the horse stalls. Grinning in response, Tyler glanced out the window only to see a black Honda pull into the driveway.

"What the . . . ?" Tyler asked as he watched Franci step out of the passenger seat and another woman step out of the driver's side.

As Jasmine and Franci walked towards the house, Tyler greeted them at the door.

"Hey Franci!" Tyler called. "Who's your friend?"
"Sheesh, first your the one who didn't recognize me," mumbled Jasmine. "Now Tyler? This is very annoying!"
Giggling in response, Franci looked at Tyler and said, "This is Pluffy-chan!"
"Wait a minute," Tyler said. "Jasmine?! No way!"
"Believe it boy!" Jasmine said poking Tyler's side. "What will it take to prove it?!"
"Ah!" Tyler yelped as he winced. "Just that! But dang Jasmine! You've changed so much!"
"You'd be amazed at what a girl can do in ten years," Jasmine said.

Rolling her eyes and shaking her head, Franci offered Tyler the food.

"Where's Roo?" Franci asked.
"She's out at the practice ring," Tyler said taking the food. "She said to go there if you have the time."
"Well then what are we waiting for?" Franci asked grabbing Jasmine's wrist. "Let's go!"
"Whoa! Hey!" Jasmine yelped as she was dragged off by Franci.

Watching the two leave, Tyler chuckled, recalling how many times Franci had dragged Jasmine around during their school year.

* * *


A buckskin horse was trotting around the ring with Audrey as rider. Letting out a pleasant sigh, Audrey urged him into a canter. As she stroked the horse's neck, she looked up to see Franci and another person leaning on the ring's fence. Unable to recognize the other person, she urged the horse back into a gentle trot and directed it towards the two. Suddenly recognizing the other person, Audrey dismounted and taking the horse by his reigns ran towards her.

"Jasmine!" she cried.
"Hold on Roo!" Jasmine called. "Don't trip like you did when we were freshmen**!"
"Pluffy-chan!" Franci exclaimed, punching Jasmine in the arm. "That's mean!"

Laughing in response, Jasmine braced herself for a hug from Audrey.

"Its nice to see you again Roo!" Jasmine laughed as she hugged Audrey back.
"Where have you been?!" exclaimed Audrey as she released Jasmine from her hug.
"The Philippines," Franci replied glaring at Jasmine. "Apparently she moved!"
"Next time you do something like that," Roo said. "Do let us know."
"Don't worry guys," Jasmine replied grinning. "I'm staying in America for good."
"Well then, how 'bout I change and we'll catch up some more shall we?" Audrey asked as she walked towards the house.

Both nodding, Franci and Jasmine quickly trailed after Audrey. An hour later, Franci, Audrey and Jasmine were talking over a cup of coffee.

"Well now, we got almost all of our friends down," Jasmine said explaining how Franci told her of what had become of the other Audrey. "So what about Georgia?"
Looking down sadly, Audrey said, "Georgia's in prison."


At last! Its finished! Two weeks working on this chapter and its finished! Now then I'll make sure the time it takes to make chapters like this will take less time during my summer vacation, so keep an eye out for the story!

~ animewolflover

* 3ABN - 3 Angels Broadcasting Network, a Seventh-Day Adventist television network
** Please note a lot of memories of this story are based off of what had happened in real life. But I won't be too specific with this memory so I'll put it in a nutshell: Friend saw other friend, ran towards her and tripped.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SasukesChick on June 3, 2008, 6:19:12 AM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickThis is very well written. I am almost screaming for the new chapter, so I do hope you continue with this story;
Very good.

animewolflover on June 3, 2008, 6:59:57 AM

animewolflover on
animewolfloverThanks! I'm sorry for all those delays in the fourth chapter, its finals week so I'm multitasking.

SasukesChick on June 3, 2008, 10:22:17 AM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickJust one thing, slow down. Focus on one part each, in the chapter. Don't go so fast with the chapter. Describe, imagine, and live your words a little more.
Please, don't take this the wrong way.
Truly, I can't wait for the next chapter.