Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Cool and Spicy? New Eggs Are Born!

For those who are readers of Shugo Chara! Y'all should be familiar with this, except the characters names will be changed and certain charas will be altered.

P.S. If I don't add a chapter in 2 weeks it is likely my BFF has killed me for this

Chapter 1 - Cool and Spicy? New Eggs Are Born!

Chapter 1 - Cool and Spicy? New Eggs Are Born!
It was a warm day at Redlands Academy, and the high school was having lunch. Behind the school, where an old tree rests quietly on top of a small hill was a fifteen year old girl resting beneath the tree's shade. She had long, light brown hair with red highlights and a red X hairclip was the only accessory that held up her bangs. Her uniform was a black jacket with a red strip of cloth on the right sleeve, her white class shirt was left alone, two belts hung from her waist around her red plaid skirt, and her socks were red and slightly baggy. Stretching out on the grass, she yawns and lays down.

"Where is she?" the girl wondered out loud.
"Franci!" someone called.

Sitting up, Franci grins when she sees a fifteen year old girl, where the same uniform except for the strip of cloth, belts and instead of the socks Franci wore, this girl had white, knee-high socks. The girl's shoulder length, black hair had two red ribbons pinned to it.

"There you are Jasmine," Franci grinned. "Where were you?"
"My teacher kept us in class five more minutes because of the idiotic boys that kept talking during class," Jasmine panted. "Sorry if I kept ya waiting.
"No big deal," Franci laughed. "Now let's eat."

Usually, Franci wouldn't mind eating at the cafeteria where the rest of the school was eating. But the awkwardness of being with Jasmine was a little too much for her because in Redlands Academy, she was known as the "Cool and Spicy" girl and was considered the lone wolf. Fearful of what would happen if she didn't follow the false character the students have given her, Franci reluctanly played along.

"I'm just curious," Franci said. "But haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to be your true self?"
"Heh," Jasmine grinned. "I wouldn't mind that happening to me, but why do you ask?"
"It's just that I'm sick of this 'Cool and Spicy' character the school thinks is mine," Franci explained. "I'm friendly, talkative, energetic and a little bit out going too. But no, I have to live with this anti-social, mean, shy character."
"I see," Jasmine said thoughtfully. "But I have to admit, its pretty courageous of you to live up to a character that's not even yours."
"I suppose," Franci sighed as she laid down.
"Y'know, a lot of people think that there's a guardian angel that protects your would-be self. Kinda silly huh?"
"Its a bit convincing, but ridiculous."

Just then the bell rang which indicated lunch was over.

"Well better get going," Jasmine grunted as she stood up.
"Yeah," replied Franci. "So I'll see you after school?"
"Definitely," Jasmine smiled. "So I'll see you later."
"Yeah, later."

And with that the two girls walked back to school and headed towards their classes.

* * *


It was sixth period and in the star ten class, they were waiting for class to begin. Most of the girls were huddled together talking.

"So what do you think about Franci?" Dana asked.
"If you ask me she's kinda intimidating," answered Simone.
"I don't think so," Amy stated. "I heard her mom's a famous writer."
Christina nodded in agreement. "Yeah, and I think her dad's a world renowned photographer!"
"Then that must me she has a celebrity boyfriend," Amy giggled.

With one eye closed, Franci leaned back in her chair and sighed in disgust.

"Another dumb rumor," she muttered as she gazed out the window. "When will they end? My mom is a writer for the local newspaper, and my dad is wildlife photographer."

* * *


After school.

"Wh-What do you want?" a middle school student whimpered.
"Aw nothin' in particular," a senior student said.
"We just heard that you got a specific game we've been wanting for a while," another smirked.
"Hey," Franci called. "Your in my way."
"Oh yeah?!" the first student exclaimed turning to Franci. "What are y--- oh crap!"
"Its 'Cool and Spicy' Franci!" the middle school student exclaimed in delight.
"We gotta get outta here!" the second student whispered. "I heard she beat the entire soccer team single-handedly."

As the students frantically raced out of the alleyway they were in, the middle school student, who's name was Cole, quickly rushed over to Franci and handed her his notebook.

"W-Will you sign this for me?" he asked shyly.
"Are you dumb?" Franci asked cooly. "You were in my way too."

Brushing past the shocked Cole, Franci continues to walk down the alley.

"She's soooo cool!" Cole cried in delight.

* * *


Later that night, Franci was getting ready to go to bed. As she gazed out the window, she thought about what she and Jasmine talked about that afternoon.

"An angel that protects your would-be self," she whispered just as a shooting star soared across the sky.
Folding her hands and closing her eyes, Franci whispered softly, "Guardian angel, if you're real, please give me the strength and courage to be reborn as my true self."

* * *


"So it actually happened," Franci said staring at the three eggs that were laying on her bed, each one having their own design.

One egg was light purple, with dark purple hearts. The second egg was light blue with dark blue spades. The third egg was a light green with dark green clovers.

"WHAT IS THIS?!" Franci screamed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment