Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1... Discovered

Mayna is a young 15 year old girl like any other, except for the fact that she is a witch. She find her powers and takes off from everything she knows. What will happen to her now that she knows she is a Witch?

Chapter 1 - 1... Discovered

Chapter 1 - 1... Discovered
Mayna looked out through her tower window staring at the sunset. It was a hued crimson-purple like always and the air smelled like lilacs in full bloom. She walked away from the window and sat down at her small table. The 15 year olds room was small and comfortable, just the way she liked it. There was a small sapphire bed with fluffy white pillows on it and a nice crimson canape that hung just above the princesses head. There was a small table with a few chairs around it and a dark colored table cloth. Maroon curtains hung on each of the four windows facing the north, south, east, and west, as her father had commanded when they built the tower. He knew that Mayna loved looking over the horizon and being able to see everything, hence for the windows placed facing the four main directions. There was a nice carpet in the center of the room, handmaid by the arabs of the kingdom. She had a nice purple dresser, and a tall floor length mirror that stood on wheels right beside the closet. Although her room was comfortable and cute, Princess Mayna looked nothing like it. Mayna wore a short strapless dress with silk trim. The dress was cut just a little above the knee, revealing the princesses fish net and knee high black leather boots. The dress was a dark crimson with a few red rubies on it. The princess was wearing elbow length gloves that cut in-between her index and middle finger. Her long elegant black hair was tied back in a pony tail and her the blue streaks in her hair hung down on her face. Everyone thought the princess was lovely, they just didn't like the way she flaunted it. Wearing such strange outfits compared to her sister, Katrina, who wore bright pinks and lilacs.

Mayna, now sitting at the table, picked up her drawing pad and began to sketch the sky, as she did every night. He used darker colors than the ones in the real sky though. She used blacks and blues, and dark purples, making the sky look like a deep gash or bruise that her brother Ardian might have encountered battling couga beasts. She put dashes of dark red making sure to blend it perfectly along with the other colors. Then it was time for the setting sun. Instead of a great fireball of light, she put in a gigantic ball or darkness like evil was consuming the earth. The black sun had swirls of bright colors like orange and yellow in it, but it appeared as though the bright colors of the real sun were fading into the black. Mayna pud down her pencils and flipped through the large book. Every days drawing was different. Different colors that is. sometimes she wouldn't use black but instead dark blues purples and reds. Or she would use really bright colors with a really dark sun. The colors were always different, but the idea was always the same. The sky would reflect the sun and the sun would consume the earth either into a great ball of blazing fire or into a dark evil ball of pain and hate.

Mayna put her book down and walked to the door. She went downstairs to hear the hole family talking about her. She stayed hidden in the shadow of the stair case and listened to the conversation.

"Dear, you have to admit, there is something strange about her. I mean, every night she draws the same picture and just uses different colors. Every night she draws the sun eating everything!" Mayna's mother said nearly screaming it.

"Quiet down, Shell here you. I wouldn't be surprised if she already knows we are talking about her, i mean, she does sort of have that instinct. She knows when things are happening. The other day she told me to move a few steps over. Just then the chandelier in the main foyer fell right where i would have been standing if she hadn't told me to move!!!" Ardian, her 19 year old brother said. He was tall and handsome like every other knight in the kingdom. He had dark blue eyes and light blonde hair. He always wore his knight outfit, even when he was in town with the peasants.

"He's right you know. A few days ago i was riding horses with her. I was riding Cinnamon like always and out of no where Mayna pushed me off. I got a few scrapes so i yelled at her and then Cinnamon cantered and ran off. I was glad that she had pushed me off, but confused as to how she knew the horse was going to do that," explained her sister Katrina. She was 17 years old and she looked like any picture book princess. She had long blonde hair that was tied back in a braid, and a silk pink dress that touched the floor.

"Calm down. Im sure you are just all exaggerating. She probably just saw the chandelier wobble or shake Ardian. And Katrina, she probably just saw the horse make a face or something stupid. It probably put its ears back and you didn't notice. She was just looking out for your safety when you weren't. Both of you should be grateful to her not upset or confused with her. She isn't a witch!" Finally, someone stood up for Mayna, then again it was only her father. He was the only one in the family that really appreciated her. He considered her to be the pride of the family. With that, there was no way of knowing if he meant what he said.

"Honey, we should still try and find out if she is a witch. I mean, if she is we can send her away so that she doesn't get hurt or discovered here. It would be the right thing to do," said her mother.

"I suppose you are right. We should find out. I will send two of the best knights i have after her. They will kidnap her when she is in town. If they come back with her, she is not a witch. If they come back empty handed she is a witch, and we will send her away and change her name."

"How will we know is she is a witch just by having the knights come back empty handed?" asked Katrina.

"We will have the knights try to attack her, they will only try to cut of her necklace, but it will look like they want to kill her or something, so if she is a witch, she will kill them and use her magic, or at least injure them so that she could get away. If i know my daughter, that's what shell do. Ill call for the knights in an hour, all you have to do Katrina, is persuade Mayna into going into town to fetch some fruits or something. Ok?"

"Ok, father."

She couldn't believe this. Her own family was accusing her of witch craft. She hadn't even bought a spell book in her entire life and they were accusing her of witch craft! Mayna couldn't take it. She went to her room and locked the door but she couldn't help wondering if she was a witch because unlike her family's thoughts, she didn't see the chandelier tilt, and she didn't see the horse make a face or pull back its ears. All she remembered was feeling like something was going to happen. Sort of like a feeling you get when you are really sure about something. She just knew that bad stuff was going to happen. So she waited. She wanted about an hour and went along with her sisters persuasion to get her to go to the town. She went to the town but there weren't any nights around. Just the usual gypsies and what not. She went to the jewelry stand and bout a necklace and a few golden bracelets. then she went to the grocery stand and bout a few apples and a slice of watermelon. It was getting late. She started to walk back to the castle. When she was in the forest around the spot that she could see from her tower, two masked men charged at her. They knocked her onconouse. Following the kings instructions they put the necklace that she had just bout, on her and side up her hands. They propped her up as though he was sitting with her hands next to her feet.

When she woke up the men were eating her apples and water melon.

"Hey you morons!!! Stop that. I paid good money for that food and I expect to eat it!!!" she screamed at them forgetting about what her father had said earlier about the test.

The "morons" charged at her but instead missed and ran strait into each other. Apparently the King didn't have such great Knights. By this point Mayna had started to cut away at the ropes that bound her hands with the knife that she had hid in her conveniently knee high boots. When the men baked up and charged at her again she pulled her hands free and put them in front of her face expecting to be pummeled. Instead it was silent. She opened her eyes and moved her hands. The two men had frozen in place. Not moving or breathing, they were like statues. Mayna stood up slowly and crept up to the two men. She removed their masks. It was Alleny Smith and Johnase Almany, her fathers most trusted nights. She panicked and remembered the conversation the family had about her earlier. Was it true? Was she a witch?

She backed up and sat down in the same position she was in when they froze. She moved her hands and they charged again. How did that happen, she thought? How did i freeze them? Suddenly the two men hit her and backed up again. They started to charge at her yet again. All of a sudden a ball of black energy shot up fro Mayna's protecting hands and shot at the two men. They both lifted off the ground screaming, and where thrust back into a tree. In a few seconds the light stopped and Mayna was left with only the light of the sun setting above them. She stood up and inched forward to the motionless men. They were dead. She had killed them! She WAS a witch. Mayna put on her cape and hood and rand to her tower. She didn't want to go home. She didn't want to get sent away with a new name and identity. She climbed up the side of the building into the tower and grabbed her bag. She stuffed her favorite clothes in it and took her pencils and drawing book. The last thing she packed in the bag was her favorite reading book. She crept out of the tower and back into the darkening forest. she ran until she couldn't run anymore.

"How did that happen," she though as she ran. "How did I kill them? Was it the necklace I bought at that cart? Or did i do it myself?" Only time would give her the answers she needed.

To Be Continued...


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Brodstar5 on April 7, 2007, 4:14:59 PM

Brodstar5 on
Brodstar5OMG! u have to continue this!