Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - New Begining

Mayna is a young 15 year old girl like any other, except for the fact that she is a witch. She find her powers and takes off from everything she knows. What will happen to her now that she knows she is a Witch?

Chapter 2 - New Begining

Chapter 2 - New Begining
Mayna sat down under a tree. She had been running all night. She new that it was for her safety and so that she could start a new, better life, but she couldn't help regret her decision to leave without saying good bye. Her mother, brother, and sister were probably thrilled, but her father must have been hart broken and distraught. She could only imagine the pain she had put him through and the dollars he had to waste searching for her. She cried. Her dark black eye liner rubbed off onto her soft gloved palms and tears streamed down her cheek and landed on the ground. She hadn't cried since she was 5 and first started getting those instincts. She had never cried this hard though.

        ``Excuse me miss... but could you tell me where to...'' Mayna had looked up at the man standing in front of her. He saw her red cheeks and the tears pouring out of her eyes and stopped. ``Oh, miss!!! What is the matter? Is something wrong? Can I help?'' The kind man offered, but Mayna couldn't help but think she should go and leave. She had a bad feeling that if she stayed she would just be given more burden to carry around.

        Trying her best to be polite Mayna wiped her tears and stood up, ``Im sorry. Its just, I've lost my ring and I can not find it. My mother gave me that ring before she died,'' Mayna lied. She didn't want to tell a stranger of her endeavors.

        ``Would you like me to help you find it? I am a good hunter and I an shoot something from over 50 feet away when I have my arrow, maybe I will spot it.'' Mayna felt so foolish. She had let the stranger know that she was royalty. He may seem like a perfect gentlemen but that doesn't mean he cant do harm.

                ``That's ok. I am not in need of your help. I just can help but think I left it at the castle, so I will look there. If I need any help I can just have the guards look. Thank you for the offer.

        ``Well, ill be off then. By the way, can you tell me how to get to the castle. I need to speak to the King about losing my land to those nasty western's.''

        ``Just go strait through the forest until you see a clearing. From there you will see a tower, follow the sight of the tower and you will find it. No doubt. Have a nice day.'' Mayna walked off in the direction of town. Once she saw that the man was gone she doubled back into the forest.

        When she arrived there were four or five men talking around a camp fire with a boy that looked her age. The boy was not human though. She could tell that. He must have been like her, a witch or warlock probably. He had a star in a circle on his fore head, she assumed he was a warlock because the town elders had shown her a book about warlocks and one of them had that symbol on his fore head. But the difference was that he had claws and long brown hair that resembled fur of her dog, Moomoo. He must have been a demon or some sort of half demon. She sat and watched them talk for a while. The boys name was Diany and he was indeed 15. He was in hiding from the warlock named Somarus and they were taking him to the King to keep him safe.

        She got so rapped up in the men's conversation that she didn't hear Diany creep up on her. She put her hands up to block the sword he had drawn forgetting that last time she had done that she froze people. And indeed, he froze. She did it again and when he moved again she apologized.

        ``Im so sorry to have frozen you like that. I didn't mean to,'' Mayna said hoping he would not hurt her.

        ``Who are you, are you one of Somerus' spies!?!?!?

        "No!!! I swear by my crown that I am not!!!" Mayna felt stupid yet again... she had revealed who she was and now she had to tell the truth.
        
        "Crown??? Are you the Kings daughter or something? If you are, I am so sorry your highness," said the boy in an embarrassed tone. He too felt stupid. The star on his fore head turned a soft subtle shade of pink.

        "Im sorry. I shouldn't have been spying. I was just interested. See, I have run away and I cant go back home to the castle. If I do they will send me away and change my name. See, I froze you like that because I am a witch. And I stopped you from attacking because if you had you would have surely been dead by now, see, I haven't learned to control my powers yet."

        "Oh... well... I have to go to the castle. I need protection as im sure you can tell. Well, nice to meet you." He started to walk away.

        "Wait... don't go to the castle. This morning my father talked of sending me away if I was a witch, he will surely hang you if he knew you were half demon. I would have gotten off easy if I had returned home after I discovered my powers, but you are not I and he would surely hang you like I said." Mayna needed an excuse for keeping him around. She didn't know why, but she felt something for this stupid half demon, she felt something like with the horse and chandlere, just a feeling, but you know you should follow it.

        "What do you mean? I heard that the King was the nicest man alive, wouldn't harm a fly, even if it bit him..."

        "You are correct. He would harm a fly or a human, but neither of us are flies, or human. I've seen him hang witches and warlocks before, a demon would just make him happy." Mayna kept following her instinct, while lying through her teeth.

        "Ill be right back." The boy walked off to his group.

        Mayna wasn't sure what she had just done. She didn't know if it was even the right thing to have said, to lie like that to some one she new she could trust. But she knew she should just keep playing along. she didn't know if it was those 5 men that made her feel harm was coming to the boy if he went with them, or if it was something stronger. She sat down under the tree and waited for his return.

        "I will go with you," he said in a whispering voice. "I will travel with you to where ever you are going. I am not sure if I should go though, but I fell like I must. Be quiet though, I told my group that I was going to go get some more sticks and twigs for the fire." he whispered even softer. "Lets go."

        Mayna and Diany crept away, in the direction of the forest, away from the castle. They were in the blue and were sure that they were safe now, when they heard something. It was a rustle in the trees a little ways back. They stopped walking and listened to the sound as it repetitively sounded. It grew louder. Mayna blinked a few times and saw a picture flash in her mind. Diany, he was dead in the picture, and so was her father. She had to keep him safe if she wanted her family to live. She looked around. The rustling was coming from all sides, and it was getting louder. There was no where to run.

        "Stay with me and you'll be safe Diany. By the way, my name is Mayna." she whispered. If they were to die now, than she wanted to die with Diany knowing at least her name.

         Suddenly, the five men from the clearing rushed at them with swords. Everything was so loud. Mayna and Diany ducked down repeatedly to dodge the swords. She couldn't tell if they were swatting at her, Diany, or the both of them. The noise stopped. Everyone but Diany and her was frozen, he must have stayed safe because he was holding her hand, Mayna thought.

        They ran. 15 seconds later when they were a few yards away, they climbed up a tree and waited for the men to pass, assuming that with Mayna gone, they would un-freeze. Sure enough a few seconds later the men came running through the forest. The two waited. When they were absolutely sure no one would come back tracking, Mayna swooped her head down to see if the coast was clear.

It was.

The two hopped down swiftly, and walked away laughing. a brief friendship it was so far, but a great one it would soon be.


To be continued...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment