Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Transformation

Kira is a young vampire who can see the absolute future and into the past and past lives. She has very little memory of the past few years.

Chapter 4 - Transformation

Chapter 4 - Transformation
Kira awoke Thursday morning with a whack to her face. She grimaced and saw her little puppy smiling happily.

“Get off, Grigori. I’ve got a lot of things to do today, some of them I’m going to forget. But I don’t’ want to get started right away, ” Kira whined, rolling over.

Kira forgot that weekend would be four days. She was happy that somewhere through her shenanigans last night, she remembered to turn off her stupid alarm clock. Grigori stared at Kira with a sad look on his face. Kira just looked away from him.

“Watch out, Grigori,” Kira said, getting up. “I already told you that I had a lot to do today.”

Grigori jumped up and rolled himself into a small white puffy ball. He flung toward Kira and hit her in the stomach. She flew back into her bed with a force like no other. Grigori growled and put his tiny paws on Kira’s flawless face. A glare sat on his adorable face.

“Right! I’m sorry I forgot Grigori. On your feet, please.”

Grigori got up on his hand legs and Kira held his little paws. Kira thought back into her past life, where the first knight in her large council was named Grigori. He love Kira like a sister and gave his life protecting her. He was chosen to be in her council because he had an extraordinary. He could turn into a Hound, a beastlike dog that would destroy anything in it’s path. He was turned into a small puppy when he was reborn so Kira could be protected by him always.

Kira remembered everything about the life that she and Grigori shared. He had brown hair, which turned white whenever he turned into a Hound. His light greenish-blue eyes were incapable of telling lies. Though he was extremely brash, he always came through in the end. Unfortunately, coming through is what took his life from him.

Kira could feel Grigori’s once small paws turning into strong hands, ready to fight for anything. He grew taller and taller, becoming less furry with every inch. His perky dog ears became small human ears, slightly hidden by his hair.

When Kira opened her eyes, Grigori was standing there, admiring his muscle-y body. Kira would need some blood later to return her strength. Kira quickly handed him a towel to wrap around himself. He showed off his sparkling grin and immediately started to panic.

“Kira…Kira, I can speak again! Where did all the fur go? My whiskers? My ears? WHERE IS MY TAIL?!” he yelled Grigori opened the towel a bit and looked down. “THAT’S CLEARLY NOT IT!” he whined, going into the fetal position.

Kira began to giggle. Every time Grigori was turned into a human, he would always have the same reaction, even though he was originally a human.
“Grigori, come on. Even in my past life you wouldn’t freak out this much when you changed back into a dog. Now turning into a human is the thing that freaks you out?” Kira gave Grigori a fully look. “You know? You actually look twenty-three years old this time. We might have to buy you some new clothes. Last time you were only what, fifteen?”

“Yeah, but what will I leave the house in?” asked Grigori.

“We’ll just put you in something that was too big for you last time,” said Kira. “Now go to your room and find something suitable to wear. You do remember how to dress yourself, right?”

Grigori scoffed. “Of course I do, Kira. I was human before I knew I could turn into a Hound, you know,” he sneered before walking across the hall to his room.

Kira glared at her door after Grigori left the room.

“Some things never change,” she said, walking over to her walk-in closet. She didn’t feel much like dressing up in something cute today. She pulled on her favorite pair of black jeans and a white shirt with a black “X” on the chest. It was her perfect weekend outfit. Kira found some lime green socks in her underwear drawer and slipped them on her feet. She tied her red converse shoes and got up off of the floor.

Kira also didn’t feel like doing her hair, so she let it swing happily down her back, brushing against her hips. She figured today would be a lazy day.

Kira walked down the stairs where her phone was sitting on the counter, charging. She went to the fridge and pulled out a blood packet. She tore through it with her pearly white fangs and was careful not to spill any of the sweet red liquid on the floor—or worse, herself.

Kira walked over to her phone and saw that she had three unread messages. They were all from the people she favored the most:

Kira,
Good morning. Tell me how Grigori’s transformation goes.
—Chi



Kira,
I SO cannot wait until Friday! Don’t forget out plan!
—Eddie

K-
Text me if you’re feeling better. Stay pretty :B

—Vincent


As Kira began to respond, she got another incoming text message from a number she had never seen before. It used her real name in it:


Alexei,
You’re bank account has been replenished. Feel free to spend as you please.

Kira locked the message into her inbox and would definitely deal with later. It was put straight into the back of her mind along with other things she refused to think about.

She was hoping that knowing the message’s sender wouldn’t make her have another fainting episode. Kira shook her head and took another swig of her drink.

“Do I look okay?” asked Grigori, walking down the stairs. Kira turned around and beamed.

Grigori was wearing a white collard shirt with a sweater vest over it. Kira remembered getting him this shirt because he refused to wear t-shirts with vulgar sayings on them. He was wearing some black jeans with black converse that matched Kira’s red ones.

“Aww, Grigori, you look so handsome!” Kira said, patting him on the head.
Grigori flopped down onto the floor and grinned.

“Am I a good boy?”
Kira burst into laughter and had to hold her stomach. Short, rapid wisps of breath barely escaped her mouth.

Grigori blinked his gorgeous eyes. “I’ve been a dog for way too long.”

“Ha, ha, come, let’s go,” Kira said, walking out the front door. She turned around just as hastily as she had left and walked back in the door.

She waved her half-empty blood packet into Grigori’s face. “You want this?”

Grigori sucked the packet dry before Kira could put it in his hand. “You animal.”

Grigori licked his lips. “It’s what I do best.”

*******************************************************************************

Kira and Grigori were laughing up a storm while walking to Valentin mall. Valentin was a small town that held only one thousand, nine hundred eighty-one people. Everybody knew who everybody was and where everybody lived.
Kira longed to leave this place Even though it was her birthplace and only home, Kira couldn’t stand being in a place so…minute. She wanted adventure in the great wide somewhere. She wanted it more than she could possibly say.

Nobody really understood how Kira hated the ever small city of Valentin where everybody knew who everybody was.

“Hi, you guys!” Eddie sang, charmingly dancing up to Kira and Grigori. Her honey colored curls bounced bashfully against her slender shoulders. She wore yellow, her favorite color, every day. She wore a black mid-length black shirt and a yellow sundress over it.

“Hey, Eddie,” said Grigori, his tone all of a sudden becoming gentle. He looked straight into her eyes and a small grin was on his face. “I missed you.”
Grigori opened his arms to Eddie and she gladly accepted his hug. She wrapped her arm under his and held him close to her. Eddie couldn’t believe it had been an entire year since he’d last hugged the one girl he was in love with.

In Kira’s past life, she had a friend named Viktor Edmund. Kira couldn’t believe how they had stayed connected through different lives all these eternities.

Viktor Edmund was a strongly confident woman who never housed any regrets. She never liked her first name, so she decided it would be better to go by Edmund. She was the one human who was honored in Kira’s council and stayed strictly by her side. She died next to her lover, fighting something appalling that Kira longed to remember each day. No matter what she did, Kira couldn’t remember what wiped out everyone she loved in her past life.

Grigori lifted Eddie’s face so she couldn’t refuse looking at him. He placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Kira couldn’t help but smile. Eddie was one of the only people who knew that Grigori could transform into a Hound, besides Chi.

Kira looked at Eddie and Grigori and closed her eyes. She brought her face down to the ground. In a year, Eddie was going to graduate from high school and she would be going off to college. Kira promised herself that she would let Grigori be free to live a separate life from her, and she knew it would probably involve Eddie.

Kira couldn’t possibly imagine life without her guardians from the past.

“Do you want to come with us to buy Grigori some new clothes?” Kira asked, trying to put on a bogus peaceful smile.

“I really wish I could…but I have something very important to do today…but I definitely will be free on Friday!” Eddie said, giving Kira a sly wink. Kira’s face instantly turned red, for she had been thinking of what to wear to Vladimir’s house tomorrow. She was all about first impressions and she didn’t want to make a bad one. Eddie had read Kira’s thoughts and she didn’t even notice. Kira could usually sniff Eddie out when she was creeping around in her mind. She was so busy thinking about the past that she forgot to close off her deepest thoughts.

Her personal thoughts.

Her deadly, chilliest thoughts.

Kira shook her head and forced a grin onto her face. She didn’t want a blatant repeat of yesterday.

“Well, I’ll see you guys later. Bye Kira! Bye, Grigori,” Eddie said, leisurely letting go of Grigori’s hand.

“Ha, Eddie’s always so busy. She probably keeps herself occupied so she won’t get bored. We both know she is all about succeeding,” Kira assumed, watching Eddie sashay across the side walk. Grigori remained silent, which gave Kira a cue to glance at him.

She could see the pale love pouring out of his eyes.

Gross, Kira thought. She giggled and latched onto Grigori’s right arm as he continued to gaze.

“Come on lover boy, we have things to do.”

As Eddie walked, she took short, frantic glances behind her to see if Kira and Grigori were still in sight. After a few moments, Kira and Grigori could no longer be seen.

“Alright, now to get to the bottom of this business,” she said.

*******************************************************************************

Eddie walked up to the steps and to the house with the maroon door and golden handle. She knocked on the door as hard as she could. A few instants passed and the door was opened little by little.

“Hello, Chi,” Eddie said confidently.

“Eddie, come in,” he said, responding to a text message Kira had sent him.

Chi lead Eddie through his enormous house until they settled into the room he was only allowed in. He had to bring her through the garage and turn the handle next to the fire extinguisher. A huge compartment in the floor unlocked and Eddie followed Chi down the stairs. There was a long hallway that Eddie was used to going through, yet she could never remember exactly which turns to make. It was only Kira who had amazing memory.

Chi spoke some fast Russian and the door unbolted. There was a large computer and a single chair. Chi pulled another chair out of the closet and motioned for Eddie to sit. There were multiple monitors that showed where Kira had been and they were following her. Chi’s most important “job” was knowing exactly where Kira was at all times. Kira didn’t know that the software that was locked into her cell phone was specially designed by Chi. Kira was the only one that was kept in the dark about everything associated with Chi.

“Please, sit,” said Chi, taking a seat. Eddie confusedly looked around and gave Chi a funny look. A chair popped up from the floor and Eddie shook her head slowly as she sat down. She shouldn’t have been surprised.

Eddie was sitting confidently in her chair and gave Chi a deadly stare. She wasn’t about to let his mysterious ways get the better of her.

“What did you need to talk to me about?” Chi asked calmly, ready for the lecture he was sure Eddie was about to give. Eddie never came over unless she had something to chew him out about. There was always something he was doing wrong in her book.

“It’s high time you told Kira who you are, Vincent,” Eddie demanded. She looked at him.

Are you serious? Vincent’s face asked.
Oh yes I am. Eddie’s expression said.

“I could never, Eddie. It’s hard enough stopping Vladimir from telling her. I have to threaten him with epic violence everyday, just to keep Kira safe. And Chace is getting on my last nerve because I haven’t told him yet. And we both know that you’ve sworn not to tell her, Eddie,” said Vincent. He put away his “Chi” phone because Kira had told him goodbye. He pulled out his “Vincent” phone and checked to see if it had any messages. Kira had responded to him kindly and he responded in return. When his advisory session with Eddie was over, he would “happen to meet” Kira at the mall.

“No Vincent, you need to tell her that you are Chi. Something is about to happen, Vince. Something…nasty. I followed Kira last night, and she saw some pretty gory stuff. Someone is trying to infect the biggest buildings in Valentin with half-breed tainted food. I read some of the last thoughts of the people who had died. Most were their regrets or their whole lives flashing before their eyes, you know the usual stuff.

“There was one person who saw something useful; there was a woman with purple hair and eyes. She was attacking this person personally. The woman was Arseny Ward, Kira’s aunt. Kira never knew who she was. The purple haired lady was obviously a half-breed herself, but something isn’t adding up, Vince. She couldn’t have done all of that with just a sample of her blood. There has to be a whole army of them somewhere. There has to be someone else, closer to Kira, trying to bring her down,” Eddie explained.

“First of all, you and I both know I hate it when you call me Vince. That ends here. And secondly, what does that have to do with me telling Kira who I am? I don’t see any connection,” said Vincent.

“What I’m saying is, Kira’s going to have to fight and she’ll need your help.”

“She’ll have my help! Why do you think she’s invited over here for dinner? We’re gonna tell her about the situation,” Vincent panicked.
Eddie locked Vincent in a cold gaze.

“Fine, Vince, Don’t tell her. When things get extremely ugly and she needs both you and Chi’s help, I hope you have fun explaining to her then,” Eddie said sternly. “I’ll let myself out.” Eddie almost got lost within the maze of hallways, but she slammed the door on the way out.

Vincent looked at the phones in his hands and cursed vociferously. He dropped them to the floor and punched a hole into his wall. He sat back down in his chair and slumped his head into his hands.

“It’s got to wait,” he said, shoving his phones into his pockets and walking out the door. He locked it behind him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment