Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Rainbow Finale

I occasionally come up with little bits of literature that fit into my stories, but I have no idea how to incorporate them or the necessity is already filled.

Chapter 2 - Rainbow Finale

Chapter 2 - Rainbow Finale
"Well, we've gotten all seven tokens. What next?" I turned towards my partner, Aleios. She was breathing heavily from our battle. Our rival was slumped on the ground, his gear gray from losing all its energy.

Picking up Aleios, I walked to Sven. I offered him a hand. He looked up at me with hatred in his eyes. "You don't have the strength to handle all those energies. You're weak, just like your pet. I don't even understand how you won. I clearly should have been the victor."

I stepped back slowly. He did not want my help. I turned and shuffled away. I could see where the land was harmed from our fight, various signs of fire, water, electricity, wind, shatter, acid, and various other disturbed landmarks showing in the small field. Holding up my gear, all seven lights along it were on, the purple one flashing like it always does when Aleios is out.

I stroked her body, carrying her softly to a river so I could clean her cuts. My parents would never let her into the house, the giant three foot purple crossbreed between a ferret and fox. Stumbling to a stream, I finally laid down her body and ran water over her cuts. She groaned softly from my efforts, but did not resist as I helped her clean up. Finally, deeming her healed as best as I could do at that point, I recalled her into my gear.

Taking a second glance at my gear, I opened it. Scrolling through all the options, which were in a completely alien language, I finally got to my "collections" area. Fire, shatter, electricity, wind, water, animal, and acid were shown on my screen. Quite fittingly, they were shown in a ring which was fully colored, from red to pink.

Then my gear pumped. Which generally means that I am being formally challenged. But if everyone else was beaten...who was left? Switching to my battle mode, I went into the selection screen to choose whichever elements or tools I needed...then the gear went blank. After about a minute, it looked like it was rebooting. When it was finally at the screen I recognized, it started scrolling through menus and options all by itself, faster than I could catch it. It pumped again, this time out of my hands. A rainbow orb appeared around it...all of the elemental tools formed around me. Armor, sword, shield, visor, toolbelt, and knuckle, along with Aleios. But Aleios was clearly not herself - she looked dumb. Me on the other hand...every moment spent in the full armor was pain. It was the pain of energy, like Sven said. I couldn't wield it. My muscles tensed, I curled up. I could just barely see the gear through the visor, which was running information over itself. The gear absorbed the orb, shifting into a bracer that overlaid the armor's bracer, then eventually formed onto it.

I couldn't maintain my link to my surroundings. I retreated inside myself - into the darkness, where I could not see the components of light.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment