Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Rainbow Finale/Part2

I occasionally come up with little bits of literature that fit into my stories, but I have no idea how to incorporate them or the necessity is already filled.

Chapter 3 - Rainbow Finale/Part2

Chapter 3 - Rainbow Finale/Part2
I finally drifted out of the darkness. I was no longer in pain. I was warm, and felt a wee bit floaty...

Opening my eyes, I found out why.

There were cables hooked under my skin, holding me in place as I floated in a liquid-filled glass tube. I couldn't see far beyond the thick glass. I swam to the edge of the tub and knocked on the glass. I got no response. I tried lifting my hand to my face, but the cables restrained me. I swam back to the center and tried it again. There was a breathing device of some sort over my mouth. The cables were probably keeping me alive for now. Then I noticed I was completely nude except for my newly-transformed gear.

All the quiet solitude collapsed as various sirens went off. Outside, I could see lights flashing. I clasped my hands over my ears and shut my eyes, curling into a ball. They faded and I fell asleep again.

The next time I awoke, there was a figure outside the glass. I think I startled him as I swam towards him, as he walked away from the glass until I couldn't see him. A few moments later, the liquid started to drain away. I sank to the bottom, the cables still connected to my body. When all the liquid was gone, the glass lowered. The figure approached me again as I was shivering.

Are you the tournament winner?

The first thing I noticed about him was that he was not human - only about three feet tall, the figured walked one two legs and had no arms. The skin was brown, but a greyish brown. I was startled by the use of telepathy. I shook my head and said "What?" The figure looked at me, sending waves of what felt as confusion and sunk its head. Snapping its back up a few minutes later, it grabbed my wrist with his mind. Prodding its way through the gear on my arm, it got to the 'Collections' screen again. That's when I noticed it had a gear too, except where I would wear a belt. His gear was green - the toolbelt's color, and the color of wind.

You are the tournament winner. And you started off with indigo...It's about time! I leapt backwards, startled at the tone. The creature grabbed my sleeve with its mind and started dragging me towards one of the walls as I stumbled after it. A door I hadn't seen before opened, and I could feel a draft. I hid behind the wall, outside of the door. Again, it sent those confused waves at me again and sunk its head.

We must go. No one will care if you are undressed. I can bring you to clothes.

I growled at it, thinking I'd rather be home than on this insane little side trip.

No side trip. You stay and help us.

I glanced at it, surprised. Then it dawned on me...

Yes, I 'read minds'. We must go! I get you bed and food and other necessities.

Finally, mulling it over, I peeked into the hallway. Seeing no one there, I walked out. I still felt embarrassed by doing this. The three footer merely jogged down the corridor ahead of me. I had no choice but to follow. It went up a flight of stairs, then another. Finally, stopping at a doorway, it waited for me to get there.

Your room. Get dressed. Meeting soon.

I looked at the creature like it was out of his mind. But, seeing no other options other than getting lost, I went through the doorway and explored the room. The 'bed' was naught more than what looked like a blanket on the floor. However, I was able to find my clothes...which stunk of pee. Ewwww.

I turned around and saw other clothes in a niche in the wall. Definitely uniforms. I grabbed one and unfolded it. I could tell it would fit me - a black short sleeve shirt underneath a lightweight purple vest. The shorts went to about midthigh and would stretch. I found socks and sneakers underneath the sets of uniforms, along with undergarments. I pulled the uniform on, as I was shivering. Stretching, I went to explore what else was in the room. I found a sink and shower, so I drained my hair of as much water as I could get out. No towels. I sighed.

We must go now. Meeting soon. The figure had walked into my room. Confused, I walked over to it.

"What's going on? Who are you? Or rather, WHAT are you?"

I am Guelos, a Mitrion. The events will be explained at the meeting. It left the room, going down the hallways. I followed.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

LadyLolina on December 14, 2009, 2:11:09 AM

LadyLolina on
LadyLolinaI really like this story! Can't wait until you finish the next part.

blackcatcurse on December 19, 2009, 12:56:12 AM

blackcatcurse on
blackcatcurseI didn't even know people were reading this...I can't really give you reliable updates, as the story is still being mulled over. It's one of the spontaneous things. Make sure you're following chapters marked 'Rainbow Finale', as I'm going to post other fragments from stuff I dream up in 'Those little bits...'.