Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Zephyr

I occasionally come up with little bits of literature that fit into my stories, but I have no idea how to incorporate them or the necessity is already filled.

Chapter 5 - Zephyr

Chapter 5 - Zephyr
"Sir, we need some of that green water. It's the only way we'll be able to capture him."

Dad turned towards a squad leader that just walked into the room. "Fine, you have permission." He turned back towards me. Our chess set was sitting on the table. He was winning. 'Course, when you're as good as strategy and tactics as him, I'm guessing chess becomes a tad too easy. But I've been studying. I'll beat him some day.

I sighed. "The game isn't going anywhere. Do your thing." He smiled at me, turned back towards the squad leader, and both jogged out. I pulled my hands behind my head, examining 'the guest room'. It's pretty much where people hang out when their family visits. Today was supposed to be 'our' day, but the whole building is like an overturned beehive.

I twirled some of my shoulder-length black hair with my finger. The room was designed more with young children in mind, not thirteen-year-olds. The brightly painted walls were enough to give anyone a headache.

Dad's job, besides running the building, was also distribution of supplies, which included chemicals that could only be used under his instructions. He had to supervise the usage of 'the green water'. Interesting discovery, actually. The stuff is liquid when there is a lot of it, but as the layer gets thinner, it becomes extremely sticky. It's also slightly acidic.

I walked over to the bookshelf. Again, designed with six-year-olds in mind, the books were low level reading. I heard a large explosion outside the facility, so I peeked my head out of a window to look for the trouble. I could see debris sitting somewhere between our building and the prison. Someone must have broken out again...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment