Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Zephyr/Part #

I occasionally come up with little bits of literature that fit into my stories, but I have no idea how to incorporate them or the necessity is already filled.

Chapter 6 - Zephyr/Part #

Chapter 6 - Zephyr/Part #
"Aw, f***!" A nail...nailed me across the cheek. I could see them approaching the building. Dad was on the ground, along with the squad he took with him. The prison breakers were approaching the downed squad, carrying fun things, like guns and grenades.

Must have stolen them from the prison's defense room. That meant the prison squad was out...and that meant that I was the only one here standing for the base.

...WHY ME?

I stepped out from the sheet of rock I was hiding behind. I think the criminals took a double take. Some of them even doubled over in laughter.

"'ey! Look a the girl! She thinks she 'an stop us? Wi' what? 'er purse?" They all joked. My dad wasn't even stirring. All of them, knocked unconscious. I sighed and raised my hands into the air, creating an X with my body. They laughed, calling me many things, including renames for prostitute. Of course, they didn't know. Good thing no one would see me doing this.

I jerked my hands, quickly and using a lot of strength, diagonal to the ground, shouting "Crosswinds!". Then I swept my left hand across my feet. The effect was devastating.

Two gales, going in opposite directions surrounded the approaching men, forming a wall of wind. Another current of air brought dust from the battlefield into the tornado, making it impossible to see. I threw myself at the ground and crawled back behind the rock slab. These guys weren't trained - they were going to fire at random outside the dust storm to try to hit anything that could harm them.

I gestured at one of the barrels of green water, flicking my finger at the tornado. The barrel went flying, breaking when it hit the tornado, and spreading its contents into the center of the whirlwind. I could hear the men screaming, the acid burning some of their nerves. I twirled my finger, stopping the whirlwind and flicked away, carrying away the dust. Peeking over, I could see the men stuck where they were. Many of them had dropped their guns into the sticky mess. To the ones that hadn't, I pulled another wind to knock the guns out of their hands. One of them sighted me though. I heard him pull the trigger, aimed right for my head.

I don't really understand what happened. The bullet didn't hit me. It was knocked away by the air, which would have been normal if I was telling the wind to take shape. But I hadn't enough time to tell it to deflect the bullet. I guess it was reflexes...though I don't think my abilities are connected with adrenaline.

Anyways, the guns were eventually tugged out of their hands, where they were smashed against the ground. I went over to Dad, and tried to rouse him. When he didn't wake, I tried the other men. One of them was able to get up, groaning as I assisted him off the ground. We carried the squad into the building and fixed up the various cuts they had received.

When we were done, I leaned against the wall, nursing a massive headache and fatigue. The usage of my abilities had drained me more than I thought. Some of the men were waking up, so I finally dragged myself back to my room and spread out on the carpet, curling up into a ball so I could rest.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment