Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Zephyr/Part #2

I occasionally come up with little bits of literature that fit into my stories, but I have no idea how to incorporate them or the necessity is already filled.

Chapter 8 - Zephyr/Part #2

Chapter 8 - Zephyr/Part #2
"She's waking up, sir!"

"Come on sweetie..."

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked. I was in the guest room. My dad was leaning over me, a regular soldier nearby. I grunted softly and waved him out of my face. "What's the deal with the prison breakers? Don't they know that they're supposed to stay behind bars?"

Drily, Dad commented, "They wouldn't be called prison 'breakers' if they stayed in."

A smiled weakly and went to sit up, but strong dizziness overcame me and I collapsed back down. I kept my eyes closed.

"Sir..."

"I know. But she's just a girl, and she's hurt at that. She's in no state for interrogation."

I opened my eyes again, thinking Interrogation? "What's going on Dad? I thought everyone was safe."

He turned his face toward me. "Honey...you were caught on camera."

Right. The whole base is surround by cameras, especially near the entrances.

Dam*.

"Oh."

He smiled. "Yeah. 'Oh.' I didn't even know you could do that."

I closed my eyes again. "I've been able to control the winds for a little over a year now. And no, I don't know how; I don't know why. But the researchers will still cross-examine me and see what makes me tick. Wonderful."

I heard Dad turn back towards the soldier. "She's in no condition right now. Give her some time." The soldier rustled as he left. "Sweetie..."

"I know."

"If I could stop this, I would. But our research team is what lead us to the green water. I'm sure they won't harm you unless you don't cooperate."

At this I grunted. "They're researchers - the last biodiscovery was before I was born. They probably won't be used to something living in their hands." I was swiftly getting tired again. I curled up into a ball. The last thing that I felt before everything was dark was a hand on my cheek.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment