Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - um.. three... i dunno!

there's this new girl, and she hides a terrible past. Plenty of twisted paths and lots of blood, but I'm not so good at describing that, so it's not that bad. ENJOY!!!!!

Chapter 3 - um.. three... i dunno!

Chapter 3 - um.. three... i dunno!
Come on! The bell has already rung! Class has started! shouted an angry Mrs. Johnson over the deafening roar of the many conversations in the class. Once people had quieted down, she continued, Today we have an expert doctor who came to talk about vaccines. He will be showing you how to create an effective vaccine from a dangerous substance, such as venom or the like& Please welcome; Dr. Philip Andrews!
Are you sure that its safe to show this kind of stuff to the class? I mean people could use them for& um& bad& asked a girl in the back.
Yes, yes, I am quite sure that no harm could come out of this little experiment, miss Manson. Now quiet down and pay attention. Mrs. Johnson replied as she sat down, annoyed that she still had to talk.
Wow, she really needs a vacation, whispered Alex to Brittany.
Alexander, do you have anything to add to this thriving conversation? asked Mrs. Johnson.
No, sorry, said Alex as he cowered in his chair.
Okay kids, lets leave your teacher alone for a while. First push all the desks to the back; we wont be needing them today. Then you can all sit down and well start. Said Dr. Andrews as the shriek of metal against linoleum erupted all across the class. Once all the desks were packet into a thin line in the back people migrated across the classroom, separating from and joining groups. Eventually they all sat down and starred impassively, either at Dr. Andrews or the wall behind him. Who can tell me what this is? asked Dr. Andrews, who was holding out a tiny jar filled with a liquid that looked a lot like liquid, transparent Jell-O.
You in the sweatshirt with the flames, go ahead. Said Dr. Andrews pointing to Kristopher.
Its & he said as he squinted, its bleach! he said as he sat back up straight.
I can tell that you have impeccable eye sight, but labels can lie, said Dr. Andrews as the class erupted with laughter. Calm down, calm down. This liquid is the venom of the Mojave rattlesnake. The bite of this snake causes rapid paralysis. This includes paralysis of the respiratory muscles and suffocation, but scientists have been able do some good with it. We have discovered that the poison from this particular snake causes the nerves to paralyze, making it so they no longer sense pain. This venom can also be helpful in surgery because it not only blocks the pain, but it can also paralyze temporarily an area of the body. Allowing for surgeons to work cleanly and effectively.
Feeling someone poking her in the shoulder, Samantha bent backwards, making a bridge with her body. What? she asked.
My grandma was given that stuff when she had her surgery& I think it was called Substance 35878& I think. Said Erick, shrugging as he tried to recall the name of the painkiller.
Actually you are not too far, it is called Substance 35887. It has been in use for about 6 months now, and it is actually pretty easy to create. The finalized product looks a bit like this, he said as he held up a vial of murky blue liquid.
Are we going to play with this stuff? asked Travis, Kristophers trusty sidekick.
First of all, we dont play with scientific experiments, and second, no we will not be using these products, they are too dangerous to be shown to a class of teenagers. Instead I will be explaining the process that goes into creating a vaccine or medicine from a poisonous substance such as this venom. Said Dr. Andrews. The girl in the skull t-shirt, would you like to come up and help me educate these savages? he asked pointing towards Samantha.
Come on go! said Alex as he pushed Samantha forward. She slowly got up; uncoiling much like a snake would, and picked her way across to the front of the class.
Handing Samantha a metal scalpel coated in the bluish goo Dr. Andrews said, Hold this in between the two rods. I will send a electric charge across them and you will tell me what you feel, okay?
Samantha simply nodded and looked over to where her group of friends was sitting. In the corner of her eye she could see Erick shaking his head at her. Her head then slumped and she looked at the object she was holding.
So what did you feel? asked Dr. Andrews.
Nothing& said Samantha.
Thats quite exact, when this substance is placed in the way of a potential source of pain, it completely eliminates it. Now hold this scalpel in the same place and tell me what you feel. Said Dr. Andrews. He silently pressed the button that sent the current through the rods, the entire class was silent as if they were waiting for Samantha to drop the scalpel and turn into a living lighting rod. When Samantha had no reaction dr. Andrews asked, So& did you feel anything? when Samantha nodded Dr. Andrews noticeably relaxed. Some people dont feel the charge in the first place, but thats besides the point. What did you feel?
It was like a static shock& not much, said Samantha, shrugging as she said so.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment