Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Betrayal

Just an idea I had, lemme know what you think.

And btw I borrowed the bad guys from actual myths lol

Also please make sure to check out the Q&A section (for background info on Hellfire), I'll be updating it periodically.

Chapter 11 - Betrayal

Chapter 11 - Betrayal
“Damn that kid!” Blackheart shouted as he appeared on the spot. He pulled back his right sleeve to reveal his arm. Radiating from the place Noah’s hand had been, it was as if the skin had been melted away. There was total darkness surrounding him, with no apparent floor or walls. He walked a distance then sat down on what seemed to be nothing; it was as if a chair made of solid air sat beneath him. He gripped his injured arm with his good hand. He took a deep breath and sighed heavily with a hint of a grimace as his arm repaired itself.

“Looks like Astar did a number on you,” a voiced mocked from somewhere in the shadows. Blackheart glared into the abyss as Alagor stepped forward into view. Blackhearts eyes started to glow a bright red; Alagor’s arms snapped to his side as his body became stiff and immovable.

“It was the human boy." Blackheart said passingly. "And how did you–”

“I brought him here,” Abigor said softly from the shadows as he, too, stepped forward. “I believe he is of more use with us than lost in some parallel world.”

“Not so lost,” Blackheart said spitefully, releasing Alagor, “That insolent Fleshchild found a way to escape.”

A portal opened and Gressil’s body materialized. “The pretender, too” he said gruffly.

A stream of water poured down from nowhere. Once finished, the puddle it had formed rose up and shaped Wallow’s body.

“Fortunately,” she said with an innocent smile, “I have some good news.” She held out her hand to reveal the three Scrolls she had taken from Kaesi.

Blackheart stood up and held out his arm as the Scrolls soared through the air and into his hand. “Well, it seems today was not wasted after all,” he said, laughing wickedly.

“So you managed to take the Exile Scrolls from Kaesi,” Alagor said, half impressed.

Blackheart looked from the Scrolls to Alagor. “Only three?” he asked. “I’m sure you were aware I had enlisted The Hidden. Surely my father would have fashioned one for each of us?”

Alagor shrugged as his body transformed into its human form. “Well he had one for you. But then we found out about these three and well,” he paused exasperatedly, “there wasn’t enough time to make three more.”

“So…” Blackheart thought aloud, “how do I know that you are truly sincere in your desire to join us?” he asked Terance.

“What is it you’re looking for?” Terance asked absentmindedly, swirling a trail of black smoke around his finger.

“You ask a question to which you already know the answer?” Blackheart asked almost amusedly.

“You want information, then? Fine. On the day of the eclipse, when you’re powers get a supercharge,” he paused as he crushed the smoke in his fist, looking up at Blackheart, “Astar’s will be gone. Temporarily, of course.”

Blackheart looked at Terance with a mixed look of bemusement and incredulousness. For a moment it seemed it might actually smile; instead he held his hand in front of his chest and flicked his wrist. Terance’s body was thrown to the ground.

“And you seek to tempt me with knowledge I have long since possessed?” Blackheart spat.

Terance got up and brushed himself off.

“He has nothing to say,” Gressil said angrily. “He cannot be trusted!”

“Aww,” Wallow said sympathetically. “I think he’s rather cute,” she said, wrapping her arms around him from behind.

Terance shrugged her off and took a step to the side. “Fine,” he said. “You want information you can use? Don’t touch the kid.”

“The human? And why do you suggest such a thing?”

“You need to ask after what happened to your hand? And the stronger you get, the more damage it’ll do to you if you touch him.”

“And this information,” Blackheart asked, “it is…reliable?”

“Meaning what?” Terance asked sharply.

“Meaning I have naught but your word that what you’ve told me can be trusted!” Blackheart yelled.

“What has he to gain?” Abigor asked quietly. “Should his information be found faulty,”

“He will be dealt with,” Gressil finished for him, slamming his fist into his open hand, “Severely.”

“They raise a fair point,” Blackheart said thoughtfully, “But answer me this: Can you follow through with such an act of treachery against your sister?”

“It doesn’t look like I have another choice,” Terance responded.

Blackheart laughed malevolently. “And the boy? And Astar?”

“Now those won’t be a problem.”

“He lies!” Gressil shouted coarsely. “He cannot be trusted, Blackhea–”

“Enough!” Blackheart shouted back without so much as turning to face Gressil, whose face contorted in anger as he fought back the urge to argue.

“I say let him join,” said Wallow as she slowly walked in a circle around Terance. “And if he strays…” she trailed off as she placed her hand on his right arm. An icy chill spread from her hand as his skin turned a light blue. He looked in fear from his arm, which felt as if every nerve in it had been paralyzed, to Wallow, who smiled mischievously back at him. She released her grip and the feeling came flooding back to Terance’s arm. It had just now dawned on him how powerful these demons really were.

“So,” Blackheart continued, “You believe you are up to the task of joining us?”

“I am,” Terance answered simply, taking a knee and looking down.

“Then welcome to the winning side, dear Alagor.”

“Thank you,” Terance answered, never looking up, “Father.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on March 7, 2009, 5:30:05 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! ALAGOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TT_TT *sniffles* I hope nothing bad happens to him . . . .

AND THE ENDING!!!! Wow!! I didn't expect the "Father" thing. Wow. Ahh! T_T

Awesome chapter. I loved it! I just . . . . T_T

KelekiahGaladrian on February 18, 2009, 7:50:31 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianOkay, so I didn't get this read and reviewed last night when I wanted to, but I did it today. That's like, a RECORD for me.

I have a feeling Wulf-chan/Yori-chan isn't going to be happy about this.

Terance, You should get a kick where it hurts. *pauses* Multiple times. You are not worthy of being liked anymore. If this is part of your secret "master plan" or whatever, I'll kill you. *pauses* Heck, I'll kill you anyway. *makes a face at him*

Other than that, I think the chapter was well written though there were a couple parts that I think I read wrong enough that I confused myself XP

If this is a "master plan" thing on Terance's part, the other demons have reason not to trust him though I think Noah and the others won't trust him either.

Blackheart's powers rising while Astar's temporarily disable. . . . That doesn't sound very good.

I hope Noah embraces you tightly while your powers are at their height, Blackheart, so that he can completely mutilate you 'cause I really don't like you right now.

Congrats on an update. That's AWESOME. ^^ I love it and I'm excited for more.

Blackwolfmoon on February 17, 2009, 7:25:08 AM

Blackwolfmoon on
Blackwolfmooni liekd this chapter! i really want to know more about the ending so i can't wait for the next chapter, that should be interesting. what exactly are Exile Scrolls? o.o