Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Rise and Fall

This is not a fan fic.It is a fantasy story of two girls, their angels, light, and darkness.A little sumtin i started at home, and thoght you fanarters would like it.

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Rise and Fall

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Rise and Fall
It was a hospital, the summer solstice, 11:37 in the morning.The mother was having her child...but all was not well.
Her husband was gripping his wife`s hand, a little boy clutching the shirt of his father, his thumb in his mouth.Was it the mother, or the child whose fate was near?
~o~O~o~
It was the very same day and time, where in the darkest corner of the world stood the foulest and darkest of his kind.What was it?What was this that he sensed?He shifted uncomfortably.Something was wrong...

~o~O~o~
"We`re losing her, we`re losing her!" a panicked doctor shouted.The little boy began to cry.
"Airven...Airven, listen to me..." the woman breathed to her husband,"I knew this was coming...for this baby to be born, i must die."
"No...please, stay with me." Airven`s grip tightened.
"This baby must live, Airven.She has to survive." she began to pale,"You know what to do.We discussed this before."
The baby had emerged, crying it`s first breaths of life.
"Lynaya can`t stay with you..." the mother was growing cold,"They`ll find you.At all costs, you must part with her."

~o~O~o~
Was it the prophecy?The same prediction his orb revealed to him so many years ago?The elderly man looked to his massive crystal orb.The great glass ball was set in the jaws of a stone dragon, carved into his wall.
His plan of action had to be working.He set it into motion hundreds of years ago.If it was going to fail, it would have earlier...wouldn`t it?

~o~O~o~
It was less than two weeks later.A cloaked man was prowling through a dark village, heading towards a tent.It was set on a hill, overlooking the small town.
He had an odd, hump on his stomach.His arm was wrapped around it, supporting it.
The man rang the bell of the tent and slipped in.
"Well, who have we here?My services end at 9 o`clock, so what is your busieness here?" Narda, the resident of the tent and fortune teller, asked the cloaked man.
He let down his hood, revealing a young, expressionless face."Aireven!Well, this is a surprise!Come in, have a seat, hon!"Narda pulled up an armchair for him and herself.Airven took the seat gratefully, clearly exhausted.
"Mind explaining the bump on your tummy, Airvy?"
Airven unzipped his cloak, revealing a slumbering baby.Curls of golden hair whisped across the child`s head.
Narda gasped (as all women do when they see infants)."Who`s the lucky lady?" Narda asked with a grin.
"The'lucky lady' died at child birth."
"Oh, Airvy!I didn`t mean-!" she was astonished.Airven gave her a look that said she was forgiven."OK, now what I don`t understand is why you would come to me in the dead of night with an infant."
"I want her fortune told." Airven explained,"I need to know what makes my child so important my wife had to die."
"Well,let me get out my things." When Narda was ready, she had a fire going between them. She stuck her hand inside a puch and poured some powder into the fire.The flames turned purple almost immediately, with multicolored sparks popping and crackling.A pure white smoke wafted through the air.
Narda studied the patterns of the sparks and white smoke carefully.She pulled out a book, glancing from the pages to the fire for a while.Then she froze, grew pale, and dropped the book."Airven...I must take the child." It was more of a whisper than anything.
"For what reasons?" Airven`s grip on his baby tightened.
"Airvy, the fate of all we hold dear rests on your daughter`s shoulders!"
Narda said sternly,"If you don`t the whole prophecy will be screwed up!"
Even though he knew this was coming, he had an angished look on his face.He handed over Lynaya and stood up from his chair."You better take care of her."
"You doubt my abilities?"
Kinda.

It a month since Airven`s visit when Narda was feeding Lynaya.Two men were trudging up the hill towards the small tent.Narda was expecting them.
They tore down the flap that was the door and pointed their guns at her."Hand over the baby."
"Goodness, must you be so reckless?" Narda didn`t seem distressed at all in the slightest."Fine have her.Her name is Lynaya, and i suggest feeding her carrots mostly, she likes those best." Narda said, shoving the infant in the man`s arms.
The two armed men wern`t exactly used to mothers handing over their children to armed strangers."Right...uh...m-move out."Said the one holding the infant.
As they left, Narda was in tears."Forgive me..."she whispered.
In the distance, the infant began to cry.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

luckylace222 on June 16, 2008, 12:36:50 AM

luckylace222 on
luckylace222O-o Goodness gracious...this is an AMAZING storry-writing! This is great! XD O_o Sniff...it's so sad...that wife is a gonner...

cashmoneyUknowit on June 16, 2008, 12:38:21 AM

cashmoneyUknowit on
cashmoneyUknowityeah, i know. i feel real sorry for airven too.
anyhoo, THANK YOU!!!^^

Lanayru on August 12, 2007, 11:56:42 PM

Lanayru on
Lanayruawww, Lynaya is so cyoot! Poor Airven.