Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Naruto's Opinion

My first fanfic!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

A mysterious girl comes to Konoha, looking for an old friend, and someone Naruto knows very well. Will the secrets in her past change everything?

Chapter 4 - Naruto's Opinion

Chapter 4 - Naruto's Opinion
Sakura stood in front of the plain wooden door, almost afraid to knock. Finally, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, moving a step closer to the door. She tapped on it lightly with her knuckles and waited. When she didn't hear any form of response, she knocked a little harder.

"Sasuke," she called, "Are you there? It's Sakura."

She waited for an answer. She leaned in and put her ear against the door. She didn't hear any movement. Well, she thought, I might as well wait for him inside. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

She smiled. This was probaly going to be her only chance to see the inside of Sasuke's room. Why not take it? She tried turning the brass doorknob. Of course. It was locked.

"I guess I should've known better," she said to herself, "Sasuke isn't brainless like Naruto. He's smart enough to lock his door. Now what?"
She stood there thinking. (Inner Sakura: I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS STOP ME! I WON'T GIVE UP! CHA!)

"I've got it!"

She pulled her smallest kunai out of her shuriken holster and began picking the lock. She heard a click. Smirking, she turned the doorknob and walked inside.

It was nothing special. It was clean and plain. But Sakura didn't care. To her it was heaven. She walked over to the bed and sat on it, looking around. Her eyes stopped on his dresser. Curiosly, she opened the top drawer and peeked inside. When all she saw was neatly folded shirts, she began closing the drawer.
Before she shut it, though, the sunlight from an open window reflected off something at the bottom. The corner of a photograph was sticking out.

Sakura pulled it out carefully and looked at the smiling faces. There was a brown-haired man with his arm around the shoulders of a dark haired woman. Next to the couple was a boy that looked a little older than she was now. He had the same black hair and dark eyes as the woman and his hand was resting on the head of a smiling five-year-old.


Sasuke,thought Sakura, And that must be Itachi and his parents. This picture must have been taken before...it...happened. Before Sasuke's clan was...slaughtered by Itachi. Before Sasuke knew-

Sakura's thoughts were interrupted by footsteps outside. Panicking, she put the photograph back and ran into the nearest hiding spot, the closet. She quickly slid the door shut, leaving it open a crack.

The doorknob turned and Sasuke walked in, shutting the door behind him. Sakura inched back into the shadow in the dark closet.

Sasuke sighed and sat on his bed. He was breathing heavily.

He must've been training again, thought Sakura.

He put his legs up onto the bed and layed down, putting his hands behind his head. He remained still for a few minutes, thinking. Finally, when Sakura was about to fall asleep in her hiding spot, he sat up, putting his feet back on the floor. He slowly opened the top drawer of his dresser and pulled out the photograph that Sakura had been looking at earlier. He rested his elbows on his knees, holding the picture in both hands, and stared at the picture. It was all he had left of them.

His grip tightened on it and his face became angry. "Itachi..." he said quietly. Sakura leaned foward, and looked through the opening. She didn't notice, but Sasuke's eyes darted quickly in her direction, then back on the photograph. He placed it back into the drawer and closed it. Laying back again, he closed his eyes. After a few minutes, when he started breathing deeply and slowly, Sakura stood up in the closet.

Time to go, she thought, I've seen enough.

Slowly, she opened the door and stepped out. She sneakily tip-toed towards the door. She reached for the doorknob.

"I was wondering when you were coming out."

Sahura's hand stopped in mid-air. She gulped and turned around.

"Oh, um, hi, Sasuke..."

"Enjoy the show?"

"I'm sorry." she said looking down, "I came here to ask you something and when you weren't here, I let myself in."

"After picking my lock."

"..."

"What did you want to ask me?"

"Well...I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere for dinner or something..."

Sasuke looked out the window and back to Sakura. "I have to be somewhere."

"Oh...I understand...Bye then." She turned to leave.

Sasuke sighed. "Wait."

Sakura tuned around.

"I should be done by seven. I'll meet you at that shop that Naruto is obsessed with."

"Really? Ok!"

She turned and walked out the door, smiling.

-------

Naruto was walking along the road towards his house. Him and Sasuke had been training hard and he was breathing heavily.

"Naruto!"

He looked up.
"Oh. Hi Hiyuri!"

"Naruto, I have to be somewhere soon, but I wanna ask you something."

"What?" he asked, disappointed.

"What's your opinion on Sasuke? You don't seem to like him very much."

Naruto sighed. Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke. Always about Sasuke.

"There's not much to say. We don't get along very well most of the time."

"Why?"

"Well if you have to be somewhere I don't have enough time to tell you really."

"Oh."

"How about you meet me when your finished at the ramen shop we were at earlier and I'll tell you all about it?" Even though Naruto hated Sasuke, he also hated to see Hiyuri so upset.

"Sounds great."

"I'll see you there."

"Bye! Thanks."

"No problem." Sigh.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 6:29:49 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101oh god this shoud be intresting^^

Hachi10120 on September 20, 2006, 7:13:12 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120yet another great chapter! Congrats! can't wait to read the next one!