Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A Sunset Meeting

My first fanfic!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

A mysterious girl comes to Konoha, looking for an old friend, and someone Naruto knows very well. Will the secrets in her past change everything?

Chapter 5 - A Sunset Meeting

Chapter 5 - A Sunset Meeting
Hiyuri ran down the road. She was late and she knew it. The sun had started setting a while ago. She could already see the satisfied smirk on Sasuke's face when she came panting and sweaty from running the whole way. Finally, the field came into view. An old willow tree stood in the center of it, surronded by white blossoms growing out of the ground. No sign of him. Good, thought Hiyuri smiling, I beat him here. She walked onto the field, panting from the run. As she did, Sasuke stepped out from the other side of the willow tree. He had on his famous smug smirk and said, "Finally. I knew you didn't change. All those manners before were an act. Good job, though. You almost fooled me."

Hiyuri's warm smile changed to a playful one. "I wanted to make a good first impression," she said, shrugging.

Sasuke sat against the trunk of the tree, still smirking. Hiyuri went and sat down next to him, sighing.

"You haven't changed much either," she said. "Still making enemies, I see."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"That Naruto kid."

"Oh, him. He's not really an enemy....Honsetly, I don't know what to call him. Besides, your one to talk. Sakura looked like she wanted to bite your head off this morning, before you even talked to her."

"Only because she didn't like me hugging you. We talked again. I told her how we met and why I left and everything. She seems nice."

"Hn...Did she ask you about that stuff?"

"Yeah, why?"

"She knew I didn't want her to."

Hiyuri shrugged. "Would it have stopped you?"

"No."

"So why would it stop her?"

Sasuke didn't answer and they sat in silence for a while, gazing at the vast field. Finally Hiyuri turned to Sasuke and said, "So how is everyone? Is Itachi doing okay? How about your parents?"

Sasuke kept looking foward.

"Sasuke?"

He sighed.

"I guess your uncle didn't give you the letter."

"What letter?"

He stayed silent.

"Sasuke? Tell me! What letter?! What happened?!"

He didn't answer for a while.

"The letter I sent you about a year after you left."

"Ok...What was in the letter?"

"Something pretty important. You better ask your uncle about it."

"Sasuke? Tell me. Now."

He sighed again. "Fine. But remember, you wanted to know...Itachi...killed everyone. My clan is dead. Except for the two of us."

Hiyuri's eyes opened wide. "What?"she said softly.

Sasuke remained silent. He didn't like talking about this particular subject.

Hiyuri knew that look. She knew how he felt. She hated talking about her parents death as well. But an entire clan...

"So," Sasuke said, changing the subject," How's your brother?"

She looked down and began pulling the petals off a blossom.

"He's...dead. Three years ago tonight. He was murdered. Just like my grandpa. Just like my parents and aunt. We don't know who did it, or how."

"Oh...I'm sorry..."

"It's strange. Every three years the same thing happens. Someone I care about is killed. That's why I wanted to meet you here. So I could keep an eye on you for a little bit."

She smiled and winked. She had meant it as a joke, but Sasuke wasn't laughing. He took death very seriously since that night. So, once again, they sat in silence.

"Enough of this sad stuff! I wanna know everything! How is it being a Konoha ninja?"

Sasuke smirked. You could always count on Hiyuri to lighten things up. So, they began telling each other about their lives while they had been apart. As they talked, the sun went down and the full moon came out of hiding.

"Wow." said Hiyuri, the image of it reflecting in her eyes, "It's so beautif-"

She stopped, her eyes opening wide.

"Yuri? What's wrong? Are you okay?" asked Sasuke, puzzeled.

Hiyuri's eyelids fluttered then closed. She fell back, her head landing on Sasuke's lap.

"Yuri?!"

Sasuke felt her forehead and quickly drew his hand back. It was ice cold.

What's happening, he thought, looking up at the moon then back down at his friend's pale face.

His eyes opened wide. What...What is this?

----------------

Sakura arrived at the ramen shop a little early. Her smile fell when she saw Naruto sitting on one of the stools.

"What are you doing here?"she asked, annoyed. This was supposed to be her private time with Sasuke. She didn't want Naruto here to ruin it.

"I'm meeting someone."

"Who?"

"Hiyuri. What are you doing here?"

"I'm meeting someone, too."she said, sitting on one of the stools.

"Who?"

"Sasuke."

Figures, thought Naruto, But at least I won't have to talk about him with Hiyuri. Not with him sitting by us.

He brightened up at the thought.

"What are you so happy about?"

"Nothing."

They sat there silently. Finally, when the moon came out,and neither of their friends had shown up, they decided that they had been stood up. They both left the ramen shop, depressed and disappointed.

"They're probaly together, laughing at us right now."said Sakura angrily.

"Yeah."Naruto agreed, nodding.

"Let's go find them."

They walked around the entire village, searching for their no-shows. After a while, Sakura looked up at the sky. "What's that?"she said, wide-eyed.

Naruto looked up. A beam of blue light lit up the sky, then disappeared.

"It came from the direction of that flower field!"he yelled, beginning to run to where the beam had come from. Sakura ran after him, putting two and two together.

"Naruto,"she said,"The flowers in that field match the one in Hiyuri's hair! Her and Sasuke might be there!"

Naruto's eyes opened wide as he thought about it.

"Let's hurry!" he said speeding up.


------------




Mwa-ha-ha im so evil. Is the suspence killing you? next chapter will be up soon. read it to find out what happens!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 6:36:30 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101man what's next awsome i love suspence i honestly do^^

Hachi10120 on September 22, 2006, 8:55:03 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120I love it! write more!