Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - I'm Sorry

My first fanfic!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

A mysterious girl comes to Konoha, looking for an old friend, and someone Naruto knows very well. Will the secrets in her past change everything?

Chapter 7 - I'm Sorry

Chapter 7 - I'm Sorry
Finally, after what seemed like ages to Naruto and Sakura, the heartless laughter died down, as did their trembeling. A satisfied smirk was visible on Hiyuri's new face.

"I come when the moon reveals itself,"said the ice spirit, clearly self-satisfied,"And my job is finished before the morning sun rises. This pathetic girl wakes up, not remembering the events that took place the night before, and finds her loved one, lying cold and dead on the floor."

"YOU'RE SICK!"screamed Sakura.

"How,"said Naruto, shaking his head at the mere thought of it,"How could you do that?"

"Simple,"said the spirit,"It is my destiny. I am doomed to do this, for reasons you are too simple-minded to understand. You cannot even begin to comprehend why."

Naruto gritted his teeth and angrily closed his eyes.

"Now,"continued the sinister ghost,"Enough talk. I have to eliminate you quickly, if I want time to kill the Uchiha boy. So keep quiet, and it'll all be over soon."

Naruto was trembeling with anger now. "The only one who's gonna die here tonight,"he yelled,"Is you!"

The laughter filled the large room again, echoing off the walls.

"To kill me, you would have to kill the girl. Are you capable of that?"

"No..."Sakura said softly.

"Dammit..."whispered Naruto harshly.

"So, are you ready for your end? I have one that seems fitting for you. Yes, that one seems perfect for you both. Just perfect."

Still smirking maliciously, the pale creature lifted both arms on either side, palms facing upwards. More blue light came out of them, spiraling and stopping about two feet up. The light faded and two icicles were seen in their place, floating a little above the palms of her hands. The icicles glowed with an eerie silver light.

Those are huge, thought Naruto, comparing them to the ones that could be found hanging from the edge of his apartment building's roof during Winter.

"They are aren't they?"said the ghost, reading his mind as her smile broadened,"Another of my signature tecniques. They are filled with a deadly poison, that will rapidly enter your bloodstream should you be pierced by one. Very deadly. Very painful and slow as well. It may take a minute or two for the poison to start taking affect, but no matter. It isn't like you two can go anywhere. And after I hear your last painful scream, and see you take your last, sharp breath, I'll bring your dead bodies to show your little friend. Then, as he looks upon your pale, cold faces, I'll kill him as well."The icy laughter pierced their hearts once again.

"Perfect plan, isn't it? The most fun I've had in years. I'll take a little sympathy on you though. I'll kill you both at the same time. One doesn't have to watch the other die."

Naruto and Sakura didn't respond, but instead glared angrily at their new enemy.

"Nothing to say?Speechless? Fine...then...IT'S TIME TO DIE!"

And with that she thrust both of her arms foward, and the icicles came flying towards them at a sickening speed.

Naruto closed his eyes and looked away. He couldn't bear to watch.

Sakura's scream pierced the night.

No, he thought, bracing himself for his turn. But it never came.

What happened?

Reluctantly, he opened one eye halfway. When he realized what happened, his mouth opened wide and he opened his other eye as well.

"NO!"he shouted. His voice echoed throughout the large room. "WHY?!"

Sasuke was standing in front of Sakura and Naruto, his knees slightly bent. He was breathing heavily and beads of sweat lined his forehead. He was even paler than usual and trails of blood escaped from the corners of his mouth, running down to his chin. That wasn't why Naruto yelled. It wasn't why Sakura had tears in her eyes. And it wasn't why Sasuke suddenly fell to his knees, putting one hand on the ground in front of him.

The reason for that was what had happened to the icicles meant for Sakura and Naruto.

One had pierced Sasuke's right shoulder, the other was jutting out of his left side. His entire body shook and he coughed and spat out blood, onto the icy floor.

The ghost across the room wore a look of extreme dislike and displeasure on her face.

"How did you get out?!"she shouted angrily.

Sasuke looked up at her with his dark eyes and smirked painfully. Still breathing heavily he said, "The...ice you put around my arms and hands....was...weaker than the rest." The words obviously took extreme effort to say and his voice sounded shaky and slow.

"So?!"

"I...broke out of it...and...used my fire jutsu to melt the rest."

Through her tears, Sakura noticed the numerous burn marks from his waist down.

He did it in a hurry, she thought, So he could get here faster.

She began to sob loudly.

"Why,"said Naruto,"Why did you have to protect us? Why?!"

Without turning around, Sasuke said, "You're....my...teamates. I...told you before...I'm never letting...an important friend die...in front of me again."

"No..."said Naruto, his voice becoming shaky, "NO! You can't die Sasuke!"

Sakura's sobbing increased, and became louder than ever.

"SHUT UP!"yelled the ice spirit, covering her ears.

But Sakura couldn't stop. If antyhing, her sobbing became even louder after being yelled at.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" With that, the ice spirit conjoured up another poison icicle and aimed it at Sakura.

"Don't...even think about it...I...won't let you...hurt my friends." Sasuke swayed as he stood up slowly. The silver icicle pierced his stomach and he staggered back a few more steps.

"NO!"screamed Sakura, her tears becoming more steady,"NO! STOP SASUKE!"

Naruto's eyes opened wide. Why was he doing this?

Hiyuri's body was breathing heavily. Obviously, the icicle tecnique took a lot out of her.

Sasuke fell to his knees again and coughed up more blood.

"I'm...sorry."he said softly.

"What are you sorry for boy?"asked the spirit, walking towards him, "For failing your teamates? I'll take care of them when you're dead. Or for abandoning your friend? That's right, Hiyuri's gonna be all alone after this. Or maybe because you didn't live long enough to avenge your dead clan and kill you older brother. Yes, I know everything. Is it because you are about to die in a cold lonely place?"She picked Sasuke up by the collar and looked at his grimacing face.

"Answer me! Is that why you're sorry boy?!"

Sasuke shook his head slowly and smirked.

"Then what?! What are you sorry for?!"

"I'm...sorry....for..."

"For what?!"yelled the ghost, getting angry.

Sasuke's eyes were covered in shadow.

"For....THIS!" With as much quickness and agility he possessed in his current state, he swung his right shoulder foward. The icicle sticking out pierced Hiyuri's new icy heart.

The spirit screamed and dropped Sasuke.

Naruto and Sakura's eyes opened wide as the spirit clutched at her bleeding chest and fell to the ground.

They wished their hands were free so that they could cover their ears as the spirit wailed into the night. Finally, the screaming died down, and the ice spirit took its last breath, as did Hiyuri. Her color came back into her body, and her pale face looked peaceful, as if sleeping.

Sasuke painfully got up on one knee and pulled a kunai out of his shuriken holster. He got up the rest of the way and limped over to Naruto. With the last of his strength, he stabbed the ice that was holding Naruto's right wrist, causing it to crack and fall to pieces. Using his newly freed hand, Naruto took the kunai from Sasuke and freed the rest of his body, then went and helped Sakura.

Quickly, they both ran over to Sasuke, who was leaning against the wall and clutching his bleeding shoulder. His eyes were shut and his teeth were clenched, he was in termendous pain. So much pain that tears escaped from underneath his closed eyelids.

"I'm...sorry..."he whispered again as he fell onto his back and his breathing became shallow, "I'm sorry..."

--------------

Hello Icelily fans! Only like one or two more chapters left! Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 6:56:52 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Sakura:TTT^TTTSasuke*sob*

finalfantasy on July 1, 2007, 2:57:33 PM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasywow, i....*blinks back tears* *faves*

Hachi10120 on January 16, 2007, 5:32:07 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120T_T ... I don't even like Sasuke and I'm sad about him dieing. you soo rock at writing!

cherryblossom93 on October 1, 2006, 12:10:45 PM

cherryblossom93 on
cherryblossom93Ok, this ch was filled with spelling errors...sry I was typing rly fast....