Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Who Does The Future Belong To?

My first fanfic!!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!

A mysterious girl comes to Konoha, looking for an old friend, and someone Naruto knows very well. Will the secrets in her past change everything?

Chapter 9 - Who Does The Future Belong To?

Chapter 9 - Who Does The Future Belong To?
Sasuke’s eyes fluttered open.

What happened, he thought.

Everything was blurry and it seemed as though a mist hung over his eyes. His head was throbbing and his entire body was numb. Memories came flooding back to him.

Yuri, he thought anxiously, Where is everyone?

He tried sitting up, but found he couldn’t. His body wouldn’t let him. He angrily shut his eyes again.

I’m not dead? he thought, but how?

He heard footsteps. Someone was in the room already. The sound was muffled, as if he had earplugs in. A cold cloth was put on his forehead and a warm, vile tasting liquid was poured into his mouth. He coughed it up, opening his blurry eyes again.

“You’re awake? Already?” said an unfamiliar voice.

In reply, Sasuke coughed again. He tasted blood in his mouth.

The nurse sitting beside the bed sighed.

“Your sensei was right,” she said getting up, “You are stubborn.”

She walked out of the room. “I’ll be right back,” she called.

The mist lifted from Sasuke’s eyes a little. The medicine must be helping.

He tried lifting his arm. It wouldn’t move. Next, he tried wiggling his fingers. They stayed still as well. His entire body was immobile and covered in bandages, though he couldn’t see them yet. Another side effect of the poison was his blurry vision and muffled hearing, as well as the numbness he felt throughout his disabled body.

Dammit, he thought, How did this happen?



-----------------------


A few weeks later, Sasuke stood in front of Hiyuri’s grave with his teammates. He had just gotten out of the hospital and was still in bandages, though now he could walk (with the help of a crutch), see, and hear normally.

“Sasuke,” said Sakura, “It’s getting late.....Maybe we should go.”

Sasuke shook his head.

“You guys go.”

“Are you sure?” asked Sakura, concerned.

He nodded. Naruto waved goodbye and walked away solemnly.

Sakura turned to go as well, but stopped. “Sasuke,” she said slowly, “I....just wanna...thank you....for everything.”

Sasuke didn’t have to answer. The look on his face told Sakura everything. Smiling, she slowly walked after Naruto.

Sasuke looked down at the grave he was standing in front of. The blossom field now looked desolate and empty, even with that pearly piece of cement in front of the weeping willow. A slight breeze came by, causing the flowers to bend and the leaves of the huge tree to sway. The setting sun cast a pink and orange light over the white blossoms.

He sighed, remembering again.

“What a wonderful place! I love it!” said a young blue-eyed girl, falling back into the white blossoms. She smiled and picked one, putting it in her black hair.

“I thought you would,” smirked a raven- haired boy. He sat with his back against the trunk of the willow that stood in the middle of the vast field. The girl sat up and crawled next to him.

“Thanks for bringing me here Sasuke,” she said.

The Uchiha shrugged. “No problem Yuri.” he answered. The two friends sat there in silence for a few minutes, gazing at the sunset.

“Hey Sasuke,” said Hiyuri.

“What?” said the boy, turning to her.

“Why do you call me Yuri?”

“Huh?”

“Everyone else calls me Hiyuri. You don’t. Why?”

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Just wondering...”

“Well,” began Sasuke thoughtfully, “Your name means Ice Lily, right?”

“Right.”

He shrugged. “The ice part doesn’t seem to fit. You seem too....warm for that, I guess.”

Hiyuri blushed. “Really?”

Sasuke nodded.

“Oh....Thanks.”

The two friends returned to the same field every day, at sunset. One day, Hiyuri told Sasuke something he would never forget. Neither of them understood what it meant back then, but it was still a significant moment from their past.

“My mom told me something today.”

“What?”

“Well, I don’t really understand it...”

“Well, what is it?”

“She said, ‘The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams.’ What do you think that means?”

Sasuke shrugged.

They sat in silence, each trying to decipher the ‘riddle’.

“What’s your dream?”asked Sasuke.

“I wanna stay here forever!”

“Why?”

Hiyuri looked down and blushed. She muttered something.

“What?”

“Oh, nothing.”

Sasuke looked at her, confused.

“What are your dreams?”Hiyuri asked, changing the subject.

Sasuke thought about it. “I don’t really have one yet,” he finally answered, “Probably to be a great ninja, like my older brother.”

“I guess it’s still too early to decide.”said Hiyuri.

Sasuke nodded in agreement.



The now older Sasuke shook the memory out of his head. If only he had known back then. He picked a white blossom from the moist earth and placed it on the stone grave.

A cold wind blasted through the field, causing Sasuke to close his eyes. When he opened them, he saw that the flower had disappeared. At first, he was surprised. Then his face formed into a smirk. He knew it wasn’t the wind that had done it.

Walking away from his friend’s final resting place he thought, Well, you believed in the beauty of your dreams Yuri. Now they came true. You’ll be here forever, so the future is yours.

He smirked again.

And, someday, it’ll be mine too.


----------------------------------


The neverending fanfic is finally over! YAY!

Thanx for all the comments, it’s the only reason I kept updating! And special thanx to Avatarfan1616, who commented on EVERY chapter! Claps for u!

(And if the quote sounds familiar to u, its on my profile)

Hope you liked it! Even though Sasuke was a little OOC! XD

NOW FINAL REVIEWS!!!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KinSinja on August 14, 2007, 12:05:57 AM

KinSinja on
KinSinjaloveitloveitloveitloveitloveit
looooooooooooooooooooove it

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 7:11:38 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101that was awsome^^

xEmotional on July 15, 2007, 3:54:16 AM

xEmotional on
xEmotionalomg, that was sooo frickin' amazing, it was sad too, i liked it, awesome jobb !!

Hachi10120 on January 16, 2007, 5:43:45 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120..TT--TT I'm so sad now! I love your story!!! could you read my stories and tell me what you think? I've been having writers block and only know how the end of the story is going to be and have no idea what to put in the middle of the story.

sflower250 on December 15, 2006, 2:30:47 PM

sflower250 on
sflower250YAY, I LURVE IT!! it's so sad, i love that riddle, great joooob!!!!