Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Of Needles and Nitwits

First oneshot created for cloudsfan09's pairing contest. Now a collection of drabbles, short stories, poetry and oneshots. Enjoy and comments are appreciated (open for requests).

Chapter 4 - Of Needles and Nitwits

Chapter 4 - Of Needles and Nitwits
A/N: Ha, all I listened to while writing this was My Chemical Romance and Flyleaf.

Lacey and Gerard should totally do a duet (Lacey is lead vocalist for Flyleaf, Gerard is MCR. They both have amazingly unique voices that I heart).

Anyways, this takes place in the heat of the Haku/Zabuza Arc in the anime/manga. Kinda obvious what part it is.

I’ll admit, this will be confusing (probably easier to understand if you’re somewhat familiar with the dialogue).

I’m experimenting with different writing styles, so tell me what you think. This is more…fragmented, I guess. Like staccato. Wow, I like that. Yeah, this is my Staccato Style.

Kami, I’m a loser sometimes.

This is one of my shortest oneshots ever.

Meh, enjoy while I sulk in a corner (after curling in a ball on my computer chair, rocking slowly back and forth and muttering incoherent sentences to the darkness).

Disclaimer:
Only in my dreams, guys. My rich, successful, filled-to-the-brim-with-happiness dreams.

-Of Needles and Nitwits-

There wasn’t a coherent thought as threw himself in front of the prone form of his rival and felt the needles puncture his flesh.

His face contorted into an angry and pained grimace as the enemy flew towards the two young genin and he caught the masked boy by the wrist.

Swung around on the heels of his feet and released Haku’s arm.

Watched the Mist shinobi smash into a glistening ice mirror and slump to the ground. Unconscious.

Felt the blood trickle down from the corner of his pale lips.

No longer felt the stinging of the shallow cuts from countless senbon.

Nor the numerous puncture wounds with the sharp needles still intact.

Dimly heard a rustle of movement from behind where he stood so unstably.

Felt the dazed azure eyes on his back.

Felt his lips move with words that were not his own; heard the blonde’s smiling response cut short when he turned his head halfway and smirked.

Heard the disbelief in his rival’s voice as the full reality of the situation hit him.

Sasuke had already known that this was the end, after all.

Next he heard Naruto shouting at him- venting his frustration and fear and utter disbelief that anybody, much less him, would throw away their life for a monster.

But Sasuke didn’t really know Naruto as a monster (like the children with parents to tell them to stay away from the yellow-haired boy alone on the swing, he was dangerous).

The raven felt his cold lips open to speak once again- an excuse for wasting his life on the boy he hated with such a passion (but passion isn’t always enough).

Heard Naruto’s continuous protests stop as he strained to hear his teammate’s fading voice.

Memories flickered through their minds in sync.

The two of them.

Training.


Arguing.

Pouting.

Fighting.

Hating.

Being rivals.

Being…

He felt himself fall backwards through the air like a dull blade and the last thing he remembered feeling was landing on something that wasn’t quite as hard as the bridge on which he fought.

…something else entirely.

The last thing he remembered feeling was Naruto’s tears falling on his face, the boy he hated.

Being…


The very last thing he remembered, before darkness consumed him and swallowed him whole, was telling his rival his darkest ambition and giving him the one piece of advice that was really worth listening to.

…friends.

Ironic, in a way that was anything but funny, that the final heir to the Uchiha clan would think to waste his life on that of the Kyuubi’s human container.

Someone he hated with such strong passion.

Obviously, passion isn’t always enough.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BelleMorte8223 on March 18, 2008, 1:18:57 PM

BelleMorte8223 on
BelleMorte8223That was sweet! Could you do a one shot from Gaara's point of view? It can be on anything, from his fights to his childhood, but I really want to see how you handle being behind Gaara's thoughts. You handle Naruto and Sasuke so well...I figure you'll do the same for Gaara.

ZeldaGirl9793 on July 25, 2007, 5:39:17 AM

ZeldaGirl9793 on
ZeldaGirl9793wow, I really liked this one! :-) You are so awsome when it comes to oneshots ^_^ And i really like this style,Staccato
*:3

cherryblossom93 on July 25, 2007, 7:50:39 AM

cherryblossom93 on
cherryblossom93XD
Lol, thankies.
You are my favorite reviewer, my friend. I love hearing your comments, and you always leave one for everything! *glomps*