Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

[AU] All they really needed was a little verification. Someone to tell them they weren't worthless.

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue
A/N: I give you full permission to lynch me for starting another multi-chaptered fic.

But you know how evil those plot bunnies can be, and I actually wrote this one out beforehand. Give me some credit.

Pairings to be announced when they appear. No yaoi or yuri couples, kiddies.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto and friends. Plot mine, characters not. (Cries)

Background:

Every day after school, The Group gathers in the office of their current Guidance Counselor to help them deal with their messed up lives and messed up problems. Naruto, the self-proclaimed leader and worst behaved of the six outcasts, always takes the job of scaring away the counselor that was sent there to help them. But when Sasuke takes the position, the blond is given a run for his money.

-xxXXlXXxx-


M I S F I T

Prologue
-xxXXlXXxx-


“Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Chouji, and Sabaku no Gaara.”

Sasuke blinks before responding.

“I believe you forgot one.”

The Dean of Students puts down the files in his hand and turns to face the raven.

“Excuse me?” he asks.

Sasuke’s response is impassive.

“You gave me five names. I was told there were six students in ‘The Group’. Unless I was misinformed, Jiraiya?”

The white-haired man sighs as he falls heavily into his chair. He stares down at his unkempt desk as he speaks.

“There is another. His name is Uzumaki Naruto, and he’s the biggest troublemaker you’ll ever meet. He’s been in The Group the longest.”

Jiraiya looks up at Sasuke sharply.

“And he is a lost cause.”

Sasuke blinks again, before looking up at the ceiling as though contemplating.

He bites his bottom lip thoughtfully- a habit he’s been plagued with since childhood- and pulls one hand out of his pocket to run through his blue-black hair.

And suddenly, he smirks wickedly.

Now, it’s Jiraiya’s turn to be confused.

Their eyes meet.

“I always did like a challenge.”

[
u]-xxXXlXXxx-[/u]


“Naruto, man, I’m serious! This new guy is gonna be your biggest challenge yet!”

As if to prove his point, Kiba leans towards his friend- who sits across from him- and slams his hands onto the table.

Naruto looks up at him briefly before he continues to wolf down his ramen.

He says, with a mouthful of fish cake and noodles, “So? I love a good challenge! All the old GC’s were sissy pansies.”

“Dude, you don’t get it! When I went into his office for that one-on-one interview thing- which none of the other GC’s ever did with The Group- I saw Hinata come out.”

“…Eh? So?”

“Get this! She was smiling! And it gets even weirder…She was laughing, too!”

“Hm… Seriously?”

“Yeah! It was really quiet and she tried to hide it behind her hand, but she was definitely laughing. When was the last time you saw Hinata smile or laugh?”

“Hm…” Naruto chews on the tip of one of the chopsticks thoughtfully and ignores his friend’s question.

“Well,” the blond finally says, “How was the interview?”

Kiba repositions himself on the cafeteria bench.

“The guy is really observant. Like, really observant. Makes me wonder why he didn’t become a detective or something, I’m sure the pay is better than at this rat hole…”

Naruto sighs and moves to his second bowl of ramen.

“Kiba?”

“Hm?”

“Stop getting off topic.”

“Right, sorry. Anyway, the dude is sneaky, too, you know? Like, he tricks you into telling the truth.”

“So what type of GC is he? One of those balding, forty-something year olds? No, wait. He sounds more like one of those old people, the kind that think they know everything. Yeah, that’s it, right?”

Kiba fidgets as he answers.

“His name is Uchiha Sasuke, and-“

“Come on, dog-breath! Answer my actual question!”

“Okay, okay! Geez… Well, I don’t know his exact age, but-“

“Would Uzumaki Naruto please come down to the Guidance Office. Uzumaki Naruto to the Guidance Office.”


Naruto slurps down the remainder of his ramen before standing up.

Kiba sighs. “He already talked to Chouji, Hinata, me, Shikamaru, and Gaara. You’re the last one. Watch yourself, Naruto.”

The blond smiles widely and laughs loudly.

“Don’t worry about me,” he shouts, waving as he runs towards the door of the cafeteria, “I’ll show that guy whose boss! Dattebayo!

-xxXXlXXxx-
[/align]

Ino looks up from her paperwork when she hears the office door open.

She smiles when she recognizes the whisker-cheeked boy and motions towards the chair against the wall.

“You can wait right there, Uzumaki-kun. Sasuke-kun will be out in a moment.”

Naruto falls heavily into his chair as he surveys the secretary.

“You know the new GC personally?” he asks as he drums his fingers on the armrests.

“Now, how would you know that?”

Naruto shrugs before grinning at his own brilliance.

“You said his name pretty familiarly just a second ago, and it’s only his first day here.”

Ino tries in vain to push her long bangs off of her face and opens her mouth to speak.

She doesn’t get the opportunity.

“That’s rather observant of you, Uzumaki.”

Both blondes turn towards the newcomer and Naruto’s azure eyes narrow into dangerous slits.

This must be the guy, he thinks.

He’s tall, with wiry muscles and dressed in worn-out jeans as well as a dark blue button-down shirt. The sleeves are pulled up past the elbows.

Naruto looks him up and down, his eyes calculating.

The man is young, perhaps in his early twenties. He’s pale, and his eyes are so dark that the pupils aren’t visible.

His hair is dark as well, bangs falling on either side of his face. It’s spiked wildly in the back.

The Uzumaki hates him already.

Not necessarily because of his appearance.

No, it was the man’s posture that ticked him off.

He’s leaning against the door that leads to his personal office; his arms are crossed over his chest, his legs crossed at the ankles.

Like he’s so superior, Naruto thinks as he stands.

His scowl turns into a vulpine grin and Sasuke cocks and eyebrow as the boy passes him.

The raven turns his questioning look towards the school secretary, who shrugs in response.

‘Good luck’ Ino mouths, giving him an encouraging thumbs-up.

Even as Sasuke turns to enter the room, Naruto is plotting against him.

Ha! He thinks he’s a big shot, huh? Well, the bigger they are…the harder they fall.

-xxXXlXXxx-


Next Chapter…

(Naruto’s rather interesting interview)

“Is that a challenge, Uzumaki?” Sasuke asks, arching an eyebrow.

Naruto falls back into his chair with a huff. He crosses his arms and glares daggers at the raven.

“Well, it isn’t exactly an invitation to Cinderella’s Ball, asswipe.”

-
xxXXlXXxx-
[/align]

A/N: REVIEW! Next chapter will be much more entertaining.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Hachi10120 on August 26, 2007, 5:59:33 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120aw soo cool!! Go Naruto-chan!!!

waterbender00 on August 25, 2007, 10:45:28 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Sweet

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 25, 2007, 9:58:37 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awsome can't wait for more^^