Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Flash Backs

[AU] All they really needed was a little verification. Someone to tell them they weren't worthless.

Chapter 3 - Flash Backs

Chapter 3 - Flash Backs
A/N: Glad you guys enjoyed the last chapter. Yeah, I’m updating at the speed of light (be proud, I usually average at the speed of a slug…sliding over a field of salt…. in the pouring rain…)

‘FLASHBACKS’

Disclaimer: You think I could release a drawn manga chapter every week when I can’t even take the time out to update fanfictions? Psh, keep dreaming.

Background:

Every day after school, The Group gathers in the office of their current Guidance Counselor to help them deal with their messed up lives and messed up problems. Naruto, the self-proclaimed leader and worst behaved of the six outcasts, always takes the job of scaring away the counselor that was sent there to help them. But when Sasuke takes the position, the blond is given a run for his money.

-xxXXlXXxx-

M I S F I T

Flash Backs


-xxXXlXXxx-


“B-but, Ero-sensei, give us a chance to explain an-“

“WHAT’S THERE TO EXPLAIN? YOU TWO DESTROYED MY BRAND NEW PORSCHE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT THING COST ME? I HAD THE INTERIOR CUSTOMIZED! CUSTOMIZED!”

“On your salary? Isn- mmph!”

Naruto slaps a hand over Kiba’s mouth before he word vomits anymore damage. He knew of his friend’s odd habit of insulting people when incredibly nervous (like a joke to lighten the mood).

The blond opts to rub the back of his own neck with his free hand, pressing his fingers into the tensed muscles to relax himself.

“Look, Jiraiya…I mean, Jiraiya-sama.” He adds the last part nervously at the look the Dean is giving him.

“What you have to understand,” he continues, (coat your voice with honey, it works wonders when you’re in a bind, son), “is that we weren’t targeting you intentionally. You aren’t in your usual parking spot, so we assumed it belonged to the new GC!”

Jiraiya blinks for a moment. Naruto, taking this as a somewhat good sign, pulls his hand from his friend’s snarling mouth. Kiba glares at him before crossing his arms and turning his nose up.

They sit in Jiraiya’s office. The chairs are hard and uncomfortable, though the two students do take some comfort in the fact that a large desk separates them from their insane teacher.

The white-haired man rubs his temples.

“What,” he asks slowly, “did he do to get you two angry enough to destroy- no, demolish- ‘his’ car?”

Naruto falters for a moment and Kiba bores holes into the tiles on the floor with shame.

“He…Well, he was really rude and…er, and…”

“And what?” Jiraiya prompts impatiently.

“And stuff.”

“And stuff?”

Kiba looks a little queasy beside his nodding friend.

“Yeah, stuff.”

There’s a thick silence that seems to weigh down on the shoulders of everyone in the room. The clock ticks from where it hangs over the oak door.

“Alright, you two. I know that you know you aren’t getting away with this unscathed.”

Naruto and Kiba’s eyes remain focused on the floor.

“Lunch detentions. Every day, until it seems your behavior’s improved.”

Their faces brighten at the seemingly light punishment for such a heavy crime.

“With Sasuke, of course.”

Their faces fall again.

“But, that guy’s a sadistic bastard! Who knows what he’ll make us do!”

“That’s for him to decide, Naruto. Kiba, go ahead and scurry over to the Guidance Office. The Group starts soon, the final bell rings in a few minutes.”

Kiba stands and gives Naruto an unsure glance.

“Now, Inuzuka.”

He winces and walks out of the room, leaving a wave of silence behind so deep that it nearly crushes Naruto.

“Why do I have to stay, old man?”

The older of the two sighs.

“You really are a special case…Just like Sasuke.”

Naruto blinks. His most frequently used phrase slips out. “…Eh?”

“Naruto, m’boy, you’re almost as bad as that Uchiha brat was when he was your age… Almost.”

“Stop trying to act all mysterious, Ero-sensei. You suck at it.” The blond crosses his arms stubbornly.

Jiraiya manages a pained smile that comes out more like a grimace.

More alike then they’ll ever know…

-xxXXlXXxx-

The white-haired man sighs behind his folded hands. The brooding teenager sitting in the hard wooden chair slumps even lower in his seat.

“Uchiha, how many times am I going to find you sitting in my office
this year?”

“Why? Trying to see if I can break my record from last year, old man?”

The man ignores the statement and regards the student indifferently.

Sasuke continues speaking.

“Besides, I’m not here because I got into some stupid fight or skipped another class.”

“That bruise on your cheek speaks differently.”

“…” Sasuke looks towards the ground, his long bangs obscuring his entire face.

“I didn’t get into a fight,” he murmurs, almost to himself, “That witch of a math teacher took one look at my face, signed a pass and now I’m sitting here. Wasting twenty minutes of my life.”

“And twenty minutes of mine.”

“I guess I’ll be going, then. I don’t want to be here, and you obviously don’t either. Mutual understandings always work out the best, don’t they? See ya around, old man…”

The raven stands up, his hands shoved into the pockets of his uniform pants. He turns to leave and walks all the way to the door before he stops.

Jiraiya feels pity pool in his gut when the boy turns tired, worn-out eyes on him.

The teenager points at the large lilac mark practically glowing on his ashen skin and says, “And I’m telling the truth when I said I didn’t get this from some stupid fight. Go ahead and don’t believe me if you want to.” He shrugs and opens the door. “I don’t really care much for anyone else’s opinions, anyway.”

As his footsteps fade down the hall, Jiraiya is left to ponder if he did the right thing by letting the Uchiha leave.


-xxXXlXXxx-

“Old man,” Naruto calls, waving his hand in front of the Dean’s face, “Now’s not the time to go all nostalgic on me!”

“Hm? Oh…. Sorry about that, brat.”

Naruto falls back into his seat and gives the man one of his calculating gazes.

Jiraiya ignores his look and turns to check the time.

“You better get going. Group starts in about two minutes. I’ll escort you there, I have to talk to Uchiha about your detentions anyway.”

Naruto looks comically annoyed. “So you made me stay here for nothing!” he shouts.

Jiraiya sighs.

-xxXXlXXxx-

All six students sit in a circle of chairs.

Naruto and Kiba sit together, plotting things in hushed voices.

Shikamaru sits (yawning all the while) next to Chouji- who munches happily on his third bag of potato chips.

Hinata sits alone, staring at the ground and twisting a strand of violet hair around her pale finger.

Gaara sits alone as well, opening and closing his favorite switchblade as his eyes flicker from one person to another. He mutters inaudible sentences under his breath every few seconds.

Everyone looks up as Sasuke steps back into the room from talking with Jiraiya. He yawns as though bored as he walks towards The Group.

The raven sits on the edge of his desk and gives them all an once-over.

His eyes stop on Kiba and Naruto, who glare heatedly in return.

“Your Dean requested that you two not sit next to each other. Naruto, go sit next to Hinata. Kiba, next to Gaara.”

Naruto looks almost happy as he gets up and bounces over towards the shy Hyuuga. Kiba looks terrified out of his wits as he takes the seat next to Gaara, sitting as close to the edge as possible.

“Good. So, I guess it’s time for introductions…”

Shikamaru sighs from where he slouches in his seat. “So troublesome…”

-xxXXlXXxx-

The phone rings a total of five and a half times before Kakashi deems it deserving of being answered.

“Hello?” he speaks into the receiver, yawning and scratching a spot on his head.

The person on the other end laughs. “Sorry, Kakashi, didn’t realize it was only two o’clock in the afternoon. Next time I’ll call later so you can catch up on your beauty sleep.”

“Well, you know me. What is it that has you calling me at the wee hours of the morning, Jiraiya?”

“How’s the job hunt going?”

The pepper-haired man glances towards the blank pages of his open address book on the counter.

“Well…I have several interviews today…but I prefer to keep my options open. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I have an opening over here. Only if you’re interested, of course.”

Kakashi blinks. “At the high school? You trust me to teach teenagers? I though you knew me better than that.”

“I do, and that’s why it isn’t a teaching job…per se.”

“Then what is it?”

“I want you to be our first Guidance Counselor. There are some kids here that could use saving.”


-xxXXlXXxx-


Next Chapter…


(The first meeting continues and surprises ensue)

“Hey, Uchiha,” Naruto calls out jokingly, “How’s your love life? Seeing any pretty girls? Or do you swing the other way?”

Sasuke lifts an eyebrow and slides something off his left ring finger. He slides the object back onto his middle finger instead, and flashes it towards Naruto.

The blond sputters at both the rude gesture and the gold engagement ring that glints back at him.

-xxXXlXXxx-

A/N: (Gasp) Sasuke’s married? Oh, wait… I knew that.

REVIEW.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Hachi10120 on August 31, 2007, 10:31:10 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120this story is soo cool! I love it!!

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 29, 2007, 7:39:50 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101PLZ TELL ME U MADE SASUKE MARRY SAKURA PLZ PLZ PLZ AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^

waterbender00 on August 28, 2007, 8:05:12 AM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Yes but to WHOME is the question?

cherryblossom93 on August 28, 2007, 8:15:12 AM

cherryblossom93 on
cherryblossom93Isn't it? XD
Don't worry, you'll see next chapter. And thanks for the reviews. ^.^