Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Letter

Silke and her brother Faramir are going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. What happens? Find out! Note that this is my first fic...
(Possible spoilers)

Chapter 1 - The Letter

Chapter 1 - The Letter
The Letter
 
Silke and her brother Faramir walked home from school. Silke, an 11-year old girl with short brown hair and wearing a yellow T-shirt and blue jeans, was talking to her brother.
“Blah, that Muggle school is so boring! I’m glad it’s summer vacation, Faramir!”
“Yeah, I agree, sis” her brother said. He had spiky red and black hair, blue eyes like his sister, a shirt with a dragon on and blue jeans. “But our letter will come soon…soon…”
The second they walked into their house, a big owl flew in and delivered letters to them.
“So soon?” Silke said surprised. “Let’s open those letters, bro!”
“Hmmm…Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry…cool! I KNEW it! After all, our parents also went to that school…I always knew it- we were going to go there too!”
“Yes, sis, this is really cool!” Faramir said.
Their mother came in. “What are you two talk- oh, have you got your letters? I’m so proud!”
“Yes”, Silke said. “We got our Hogwarts letters!  Oh, I’m SO seeing forwards to begin there!”
“Well, let’s just send this owl back” their mother said.
 
“Hey, sis, wake up! We’re going to buy our school stuff today!”
Silke yawned, and then jumped out of her bed.
“Ok, bro! I’m ready!” she said. She got dressed, and walked down.
“We gotta eat a quick breakfast!” said Faramir. “We must hurry!”
When they had eaten, their father said: “Here’s the list everything you need for school”.
“Let me see”, Faramir said. “Hmmmm…wand…books…cauldron...lots of stuff” he said.
“An owl, a cat or a toad… I wonder if I can bring my mouse?” Silke said.
“Where are we going to get this?” said Silke.
“In Diagon Alley, of course”, her mother said.
”Hmm…wait a bit…Diagon Alley…isn’t it that place where witches and wizards buy stuff? Like our school stuff?”
“That’s right!” her mother said. “It’s in London, through the Leaky Cauldron…only witches and wizards can see it” she said.
“Ok, let’s get going!” Faramir said. “To Diagon Alley!”
“We better hurry”, Silke said, “we are going to Hogwarts tomorrow!” 
 
They walked around in London, looking after the Leaky Cauldron.
“There it is!” Silke said. “I see it!”
They walked inside, through it, until they came to a wall.’
“I know the trick with it” their father said, and tapped a brick with his wand.
It began to shake, and suddenly there became a big hole in the wall. They saw Diagon Alley through the hole. They saw many shops, and a lot of people walking around.
“Yeah, let’s go get out stuff!” Silke and Faramir said happily.
They all walked through the hole, and Silke and Faramir couldn’t decide where to go first.
“Let’s go get some wands…”
“No, let’s get our cauldrons first…”
“Or maybe a school uniform?” their mother said.
“Good idea!” they both said.
They walked into Madame Malkins.
They walked in and saw Madame Malkin there.
 
“Hogwarts, you two?” she said.  ”Okay, let me get your uniforms...”
She helped Faramir with his uniform, while a green-clad witch helped Silke.
They saw a brown-haired boy sitting between them.
“Hey, who are you? Are you going to Hogwarts too?”
“Yes, I’m…”
A girl with long brown hair walked in. “Rowan, we gotta go now…”
“Okay sis, just a minute…Oh, I’m Rowan.”
“Rowan? Cool name.” Faramir said. “I’m Faramir.”
“And I’m Silke” Silke said.
“I hope we meet at Hogwarts! And by the way, that girl was my sister Rowena. She’s seeing forwards to meeting you too, I just know it!”
Rowena…that kinda rung a bell…
“Well, there you are” the witch dressing Rowan said.
“See you at Hogwarts!” Rowan said.
After a while, Silke and Faramir were done too.
“Those robes are really nice, huh?” Silke said. “What’s next?”
“Maybe getting wands would be an idea” their mother said.
“Cool!” they both said.
 
They saw the wand shop: Ollivander’s Wands.
They walked in. It was a small shop. They saw piles of narrow boxes on the shelves.
Then they saw an old man in front of them.
“Good day” he said. “You’re getting your first wands, aren’t you?”
“Yeah” Faramir said.
The door opened again, and a very young woman, she didn’t look older than 20 years, with pink hair walked in.
“Oops, wrong shop!” she said.
“Hello, Ichigo! Mahogany, dragon heartstring, elastic, right?”
“Yes” the young woman replied, but as I said, wrong shop…so bye!” she said and walked out.
“Well, you two…” the man (Ollivander, probably) said to them.
“Ladies first” Faramir said.
“Well, guess I’ll try first” Silke said.
“Okay, Miss…let me see…what’s your wand-arm?”
“I’m right-handed” Silke said.
“Let’s see…your measurements…hmmm…okay…”
“Try this, Oak and dragon heartstring, seven inches, flexible. Just give it a wave.”
Silke waved it, but Ollivander snapped it out of her hand.
“No, try this-pine tree and phoenix feather, fourteen inches, bendy, nice for spells.”
Silke tried this one too, but-
“No, no…maybe this? Magnolia and unicorn hair, ten inches, excellent for transfiguration.”
When Silke touched it, she felt something strange. She waved it, and lots of silvery sparks shot from the tip of the wand.
“Congratulations! Very good! Maybe this young man here wants to try now?”
“Okay” Faramir said. “Wait for me outside!”
Silke walked out of the shop, and waited outside the shop with her parents. After a quarter, her brother came out.
“Done” he said. “Birch and dragon heartstring. Now, should we go get some books and other stuff?”
They walked into a book shop called Flourish & Blotts, and bought their school books, a cauldron shop(Cauldrons -- All sizes -- Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver -- Self-Stirring -- Collapsible), an apothecary for their potions ingredients, and soon they were done.
“Finally!” Faramir said. “Tomorrow we’re going to Hogwarts!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment