Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I'm Earth Nation! I swear it!!!

Okay. One day I was bored so I made up an Avatar OC. Her name is Amber (oooh.... creative) and she's a firebending EarthNation rebel. Read. It's interesting.

Chapter 1 - I'm Earth Nation! I swear it!!!

Chapter 1 - I'm Earth Nation! I swear it!!!
Hi! I'm Amber. I'm an orphan who lives in the Earth Nation. And I swaer that I am Earth Nation!!!! Only problem is I cant show off my bending skills. I dont bend earth. I bend fire.
I dont know why or how. My earliest memory is a fire, my parents leaving me alone in the streets, and screams, lots of screams. That's as far back as I can remember. I live in Ba Sing Se at the moment. I'm only safe here. And word is, the Avatar's here! I cant wait to meet him! Oh! You all probably want my bio. Here it is.


Name: Amber
Age: 14
Gender: Girl
Bending Power: Fire
Hair Color: Violet
Eye Color: Traditional Fire Nation, Gold
D.O.B: October 31st, the devil's holiday
Traveling companions: An earth/fire dragon named Azumai
Height: She is so not sure
Weight: Not sure either
Blood Type: O.o A (why she knows that, even I dont know)
Personality: Cheerful and friendly, she has the traditional Amber spark. She can be cheerful and happy, serious in battle, and a little off when angry.
Calming Techniches: She centers herself. She puts her hands together, raises then\m abover her head, and slowly brings them down in front of her face as she breathes in deeply.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Cross Swords at times, a fire dagger, and her bending if need be.


Heheh....... That's me. Now to the story.


I'm walking through Ba Sing Se, gazing up at the sky, when I come upon a tea shop. I think ~I could use some tea right about now~ So I head in. I walk up to the counter. An old man greets me.
"Hello!" I say cheerfully.
"Hello! What kind of tea would you like? Might I suggest jasmine?"
"No thanks. I just want some sweet tea to calm my nerves if you please."
"Coming up!"
I find a table and sit down to wait for my tea. A young man brings it to me.
"Here's your tea." he says sulkily.
"Thanks." I say cheerfully.
~He looks familiar somehow.... I just cant put my finger on it.~
~What is it Amber?~ Azumai telepaths to me.
~Nothing.... I just saw a boy that looks oddly familiar.... I just dont know how...~
~As long as you arent hurt...~
I pay for my tea and leave. Azumai flies up to me.
~So?~
~So what?~
~Didja figure out who he was?~
~No. Now quit bugging me about it. Mmmmm. I'm coming back here again. That tea was good!~
~Bring me some next time.~
~I will!~
I begin walking towards my small apartment and just happen to run into a shifty eyed kid.
~Looks like he's lookin for trouble~ I think.
~Yes it does.~
He starts to talk to me.
"Hey! Watch it! Oh, a girl. Sorry. My name's Jet."
"Amber. And this is Azumai." I say inicating to her.
"Hmmm... A dragon huh? Can it breath fire?"
"She, and yes. Show him."
Azumai breathes a jet of fire into the air, taking care not to let it touch anything.
"Where'd you get her? From the Fire Nation I bet."
"No way! I hate those dirty bastards! I found her as a hatchling out in the wilderness. She's been my traveling companion ever since."
"Hmmm.... Still...... Can you bend?"
"Nope." I say lying pretty well. I've had practice.
"Would you like to join the Freedon Fighters? We hate the Fire Nation and will do anything to wipe it out."
"Mmmmm....." I start to walk past him. "No thanks. See ya!" I say and run off.
~That was close. I dont want to join any rebel group.~
~But you are a rebel, Amber~
~I know. But I want to be a solo rebel.~
~And you want to find the avatar so you can join him.~
~Yes, well..... that's different.~
~How?~
~I'm done with this conversation now!~
I center myself so I wont get angry with her.We get to my apartment and head in.
"I really need to clean this place up. I hate it here."
"It was dirty when we got here." Azumai says in a raspy voice.
"Practicing I see. I need a job."
"Your a good artist. Why not make stuff and sell it in the market?"
"I was thinking more along the lines of working in a tea shop. At least then your fire will be put to good use."
"Hmph."
"Aw come on! It would be better than making you perform like we have been lately! Do you really wanna dress up in a stupid outfit again and make fire figures?"
"Noooo..... Fine. Which teashop did you have in mind?"
"The one I was at today. It's nice and cozy. And I wanna find out more about that guy who served me tea."
I get some rest and head over to the teashop the next day.
"Hello? I'd like to apply for a job here!"
The owner comes out. I thought that the old man was the owner... Guess not. I sign the forms for a job and he sets me to work making tea.
"These stoves dont heat very well do they?" I ask the old man.
"No they dont." He says to me.
I spark a fire under the pot. The boy who served me yesterday sees me do it. I dont notice.
He pulls the old man aside.
"Uncle! She just used fire bending to heat that pot!" he hisses to the old man.
"She did? I didnt notice."
I walk over to them.
"Whatcha talkin about?"
"Um.. Nothing! My name's Lee."
"My name's Amber. You sure you werent talkin about anything?"
"I'm sure! I have a question. What nation are you from?"
"Earth. I've lived in this nation all my life. Not Ba Sing Se of course. I hate it here. I just came to rest up for awhile."
"Um..... What's that?" Lee says indicating to Azumai behind me.
"Huh?" I turn around. "Azumai! Dont sneak behind me! Sorry! This is Azumai, my traveling companion."
"She's a dragon. And a fine one too." the old man says.
"Thank you." Azumai says in her raspy voice.
"She talks!"
"Yup! By the way, what's your name?" I ask the old man.
"Just call me Uncle."
"Okay, Uncle!" I say with a smile.
"Um... I think we have customers waiting. Amber, will you take this tray out?" Lee says a little annoyed.
"Okay, okay. I'm goin."
Day one with a job. A breeze.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

lolli22 on July 6, 2007, 11:57:18 AM

lolli22 on
lolli22awesome! ^_^

Kouni46892742 on January 12, 2007, 9:01:06 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Sweet!

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 9:03:42 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Yay! Heheh..... I wont be accepting OC's fer this one. It would take too long. Sorry.

Kouni46892742 on January 12, 2007, 9:08:01 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742darn it..........dang are you a mind reader or somethin

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 9:09:41 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Well, I knew you were gonna ask anyway. You always do. I'm sorry, but this is a single story. I might change my mind later in the story...... maybe.

Kouni46892742 on January 26, 2007, 6:44:00 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742please do

crazicat06 on January 26, 2007, 6:45:01 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06^.^

Kouni46892742 on February 4, 2007, 3:17:20 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742:P