Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Eternal Argument

Optismit versus pessimist. Enough said...

Chapter 1 - The Eternal Argument

Chapter 1 - The Eternal Argument
[/i][/i][/i][/i]       They once told me that life is beautiful.  I told them life was not.  Complete opposites we were.  Optimist versus Pessimist.  'Tis an argument that cannot ever be won, except in the mind alone.
      
      "Life,"they said,"is perfect in nearly everyway.  There iife, you see, it happenes everyday.  One could walk by the garden, and cannot miss the leafy flowers, and the little bee that does give them life.  Oh, how charming indeed."
           "Life,"I agressively responded,"is horrid in nearly every way.  There is death, you see, and it happens every single day, to the young and old alike.  One could walk by the garden in the rain, nonetheless, and see that the flowers are going to die of being overwatered; and the litle bee that hath drowned from the greed of pollination.  Oh, how charming, indeed?"
      
      Their retort to me goes as follows,"But there is life in everything, can you not see?  There is also beauty, and wonder, and joy.  Nothing is truly evil.  How can one not simply believe?  Surely, you cannot see?"
      
      I replied with my notedhark,"No, there is death in everything, for as one is born, it slowly (or quickly (take you pick)) starts the process towards the inevitable.  And, as as a sceptic, I must say, that onse's nature is inherited of evil.  How can you not believe?  Surely, you cannot see?"
      
      Annoyed, they slapped me in the face, one by one.  So, you see, I clearly won...in my own mind, to say the least.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment