Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Lost & Found

A vampire girl, wishing to become normal. She meets a man, hoping he can help. Can he?

Chapter 3 - Lost & Found

Chapter 3 - Lost & Found
Outside of the town where Trager lived, there was a forest. A lot of creatures dwelled in the forest, and they were very dangerous if you were not careful. Trager was running around in them, and decided to keep going - Wherever he was going. Though he did not know, that a little further ahead, there was a vampire... Searching for anything.
It was Shineria, the Vampiress. She could hear that someone was coming, and very fast. She wasn't sure if she should interfere with this beast, or hide and avoid it. She decided to move behind a tree, and wait to see what it was. A man, slowed down to near where the tree was. He was running for hours it seemed, and he was going to rest by this tree; the tree that Shineria was hiding behind. He leaned against the tree, and fell down against it, still leaning up on it but in a sitting position. He leaned his head back, and thought about closing his eyes for a bit. In this forest, anything could attack you, and so you always had to be on your guard.
He did close his eyes, but when he opened them, the Vampiress stood a couple feet before him. He shook his head violently, and closed his eyes and quickly opened them again. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. It was a woman! A very pretty one at that, though he did not mention it. Of course, he didn't know she was a vampire, you can never tell if they're vampires or humans - As long as you don't see their blood-thirsty teeth.
"What are you doing in these parts of the forest?" Trager asked.
"I could ask you the same question." She answered, hiding her teeth as well as she could when she spoke.
"I'm just trying to get away from the town." He answered, "How about you?"
"Oh... I live beyond this forest, and your little town. In another town." Shineria answered. "Why are you trying to get away from your town?"
"Why should I tell you? I don't know you." He answered, stubbornly.
"If I tell you why I'm out of my town, will you tell me?" She asked, curiously.
"Maybe..." He answered staring at her, making sure she wouldn't pull anything off by this conversation.
"''Maybe''? What do you mean by that? You don't trust me?" She asked.
"Why should I?" He looked at her even more carefully. She was quiet for a while, then giggled to herself.
"Why are you searching for a home out here? Don't you already have your family?" She asked. He looked at her strangely now.
"How... how did you know that I was looking for a home?" He asked. She smiled. "It's easy to read through your eyes." She answered. He shifted his eyes away from hers, and looked at the ground.
"Since you already, apparently, know what I am doing out here. Why are YOU out here?" He asked.
"I'm... trying to help my family..." She answered. Should he know that I am a vampire?? She wondered.
"Why are you trying to help your family?" He asked, thinking about his fake family.
"Because I love them. Don't you love your family?" She answered.
"No. I don't have a family." He answered, ending in a whisper.
"Oh! I''m so sorry. Urm..." After what he just said, she didn't know what to say.
"It's ok. I don't mind. It means I can do whatever I want." He answered.
"What's your name?" She asked, out of the blue.
"Why do you care?" He eyed her carefully again.
"I don't. I'm just curious." She answered, truthfully. Her eyes never changed expression, they stayed the same; understanding, and midnight blue.
"It's growing late."
"I know... Trager," he said.
"What?"
"My name... it's Trager. What is yours, since now you know mine?" He asked.
"Oh! My name is Shineria." She answered, smiling again. She was so happy at the moment. She thought she met a new friend, but he was a human. Or so she thought. "Are you... a human?" She asked, careful not to scare him off.
"Yes, aren't you?" He asked. He looked at her carefully again. She returned the gaze.
"Maybe... Maybe not." She answered, "Would you not become my friend if I wasn't a human?"
"What the hell? You're talking about being friends? At a time like this?" He let out some more anger, "What the hell are you!?"
"Please... Don''t be angry." She said, trying to remain calm, "And Don''t wake up the creatures in this forest, we don't need to be attacked at the moment."
"Just tell me what you are!" He said, still yelling.
"I'm a vampire. Please... Don't run off though." Trager stared at her; it, shocked.
"A vampire?... Wh- Why should I trust you with anything?" He asked. He had been standing up, but he leaned against the tree again, still standing.
"I never asked you to trust me. I just... I need your help." She answered truthfully, once again.
"''Help''!? I wouldn't think that a vampire like you, would need help from a human like me!" He said. He was becoming more and more stubborn.
"Please... You're strong. You need to put your faith in the vampires." She said. What she just said though, did not make sense. 'Faith'?
"I''ve never met a human before..."
"Maybe you weren't meant to meet a human then." he said, "And what do you mean, put my faith in vampires? I want nothing to do with vampires like you!"
"Please... I was meant to meet you. I escaped from my maid, just after dinner. I came to the forest, searching for your little town. Searching for someone like you."
"Well, you found me. I still don't know what you want from me though." He said.
"I need you to tell me, if you've ever heard of the Fla'ce Stones." She asked.
"No... Well, kind of. But I don't know enough about them to help you." He answered. His 'father' had spoken of these stones when he talked about the vampires. These stones were able to 'cure' the race of vampires, and would let them change into anything - human or vampire. It would save them from, if possible, dying.
"Please, come with me back to my home. You can stay as long as you'd like, and you can help me." She said.
"Won't your parents, be upset about bringing home a human?" Trager asked, still thinking if he should take the offer.
"My parents aren't at home. My mother died when I was little, and my father is off looking for these stones." She answered.
"Oh. Well, if your father is already looking for the stones, why must you?" He asked.
"Because I believe that he is looking in the wrong places." She answered.
"And you have an idea of where they might be...?"
"Kind of, but that's where you come in. To help me locate them."
"What about siblings? Or other town people? Won't they be upset about you... bringing a human home?" He asked, still thinking up the offer.
"The only sibling I have, is dead. My brother, killed by another vampire. His 'friend'," She said sadly, "But yes, I must agree that the town might not like having a yummy looking human in town, especially brought in by me."
"Then... wait, 'yummy'? What does that mean?" He asked. Was she going to stick her teeth into jugular?
"They might think you are yummy. I, on the other hand, just find you fascinating, and would never." Shineria did not bother to hide her fangs when she spoke this time, though they hardly showed unless she was angry.
"Okay, then... how would I get in?" He asked.
"Hidden." She answered.
"With what?" He asked.
"My cloak..." She pulled off her cloak, to reveal a slim body. A tight black shirt, showing mid-riff, and some black pants. A little too tightly fit. Her mid-back length, brunette hair, flung around as she pulled the cloak off, and handed it to Trager. He did not take it just yet, he was too entranced on how she looked. "Trager?" She asked, waving the cloak in his face.
He shut off his gaze on her, and took the cloak. "Are you sure this'll work?" He asked. He was uncertain, and didn't want to be eaten to death by Vampires.
"Yes... Most certain." She answered, looking at him as he slipped on the cloak. She pulled the hood up and covered his face. "Now, if anyone tries to talk to you, don't mention anything about you being a human, or where you come from."
"Got it. I'll just let you do all the talking then." He said, a smile appearing under the cloak, though she could not see it.
"Exactly." She answered. They made their way back to Shineria's palace, which she forgot to mention, and the town surrounding it. She was leading the way, and Trager followed closely behind; his face well hidden.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xXMissMurderXx on October 21, 2006, 6:06:51 AM

xXMissMurderXx on
xXMissMurderXxWow This is well written! ^_^ You Did yet another amazing job with the dialoge! and the Discription was Very Detailed! =D I'm Falling in love with this story haha ^_^

*fave*

demonangelgirl on October 21, 2006, 6:31:45 AM

demonangelgirl on
demonangelgirlThanks!! And I promise I'll work on it sunday. agh I hope I can. I've got so many things to do on here, and going on out in the real world. >.<