Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Shineria's Home

A vampire girl, wishing to become normal. She meets a man, hoping he can help. Can he?

Chapter 4 - Shineria's Home

Chapter 4 - Shineria's Home
Shineria had led him up into the castle quietly, hoping no one would hear them. No one had stopped them in the town, so she hoped no one would inside the castle. She led him up the steps, and into her bedroom. When they reached there, they spoke when the door was shut and locked.
"You can take off the cloak now if you wish, Sir Trager." She said, setting some weapons down, and sitting herself on her bed.
"Oh, where should I put it?" He asked.
"At the end of the bed will be fine." Shineria answered, pointing a single finger at the end of her bed. "And you can make yourself comfortable." She referred to him sitting down on the bed as well.
He carefully just decided to stand in front of her.
"Suit yourself." She lay down and spread herself out claiming the bed, but making it so there was still enough room for Trager to join her, if he wanted to.
"Mhm, so why do you think I can help you with these stones?"
"I'm not sure anymore. You barely gave me enough to head on to. You've only heard of them from your father?" She asked.
"Yes... My 'father'." He stated. "He just said they would save your kind. I don't know what they'd save you from... He just told me they would."
"Has your.. 'father' ever called you a special name or anything?" She asked, kind of changing the subject.
"Why the sudden change of subject?"
"I'm just wondering..." She answered.
"Well, kind of. He told me I was a seer in his eyes. Well, not exactly a seer. He just called me his 'little seer.' But I don't know why." He answered.
"I think I know why." She said; he looked at her in shock. "In a story my father used to tell me, even though it was legend, he mentioned a boy around your age. He was supposed to help the vampires, find the Fla'ce Stones. I got tired of waiting for my father to return with good news. It's been years, and years since we've started looking. He still has yet to return to us. I'm tired of waiting!"
"I... Are you telling me, I'm supposed to know where these stones are?" Trager asked. He was trying to fit all that she had just told him, into his brain. It was a lot... So far. And there was bound to be more coming. Could he handle it?
"Kind of... You are the seer. You are supposed to feel the stones inside of you, see them, know where they are." Shineria sighed. "It must be wonderful."
"What is supposed to be so wonderful?" He asked.
"Please lower your voice, I don't want anyone hearing you." She said, then answered: "It must be wonderful being you. Being a seer, instead of a vampire. You are sepcial, you are."
"You think it's wonderful... To not know who your family is? You think it's wonderful to grow up with a false family? You think it's wonderful, that I've been working my @$$ off out in the farms, getting enough money to pay for a new home?... It's not so easy being me."
"And I assure you, that it is not a great burden to be me either." Shineria stated. He looked at her angrily, she returned the anger-filled look, then it turned into a sad face.
"I'm sorry... Let's stop arguing."
"Fine... So, when do you expect to start this search for the stones?" He asked.
"As soon as the sun rises once again the following day." He looked at her weirdly, "Tomorrow," she said, using a different term.
"Okay... Sounds good to me. What do we do, until then?" He asked... Kind of worried about what will happen.
"We sleep of course, silly. You do sleep at night don't you?" She asked, eye-balling him weirdly. "Cause that would be weird, if you stayed up at night when everyone else was asleep."
"Yes, I sleep at night. When I don't stay up too late thinking." He said.
"Oh.. Hopefully you will get some sleep tonight. Because as soon as the sun rises, we are sneaking out of here." She said
"'Sneaking'? Aren't we going to tell someone that we're going?"
"No! Then they would lock me away in my room, and bar the windows to make sure I wouldn't leave. I can't stand being in-prisoned." She let out a little shudder.
"Oh...Ok. Well, where am I going to sleep?" He asked, changing the subject.
"On a bed of course, you can sleep here with me."
"Woah! Woah, woah!" Trager let out, shaking his head and holding his hands up to pause the scene. "I'm not sleeping with you in your bed."
"I understand how you feel. I'm sorry to have made you feel that way. I will pull out another bed then, for you."
"That would be better, yes. Thank you." He said, thankful that she wasn't going to force him to sleep in the same bed as her. He watched as she pulled out another bed, and prepared it. When she was finished she spoke again:
"Get comfortable, and sleep well young prince." She said, getting ready to sleep herself. Prince? He thought, She just called me, "young prince". What the hell? He shrugged it off, and wished her a good night as well. They both fell asleep.
Well, Trager watched as Shineria fell asleep, then he thought about this mission they were going to go on. Then finally, late into the night, he fell asleep stuck with thoughts of the mission, and had strange dreams.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment