Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Journey Begun - Quick Stop

A vampire girl, wishing to become normal. She meets a man, hoping he can help. Can he?

Chapter 6 - Journey Begun - Quick Stop

Chapter 6 - Journey Begun - Quick Stop
Trager just stared at her in shock. Powers? How could I have powers?
"We should go." Shineria said.
"You don't know what you're doing, do you?"
"Yes, I do! Don't tell me I don't know what I'm doing." She glared at him coldly.
Trager put his hands up defensively, "Fine...fine. But I don't have any powers."
"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" She muttered. She rambled around her room, trying to find things they would need, and stuffed them in a leather bag.
"I am not the stubborn one here." He muttered back. He watched as she finished gathering things.
Next, Shineria had to get the rope to climb out of the window.
"We're seriously climbing out the window?" Trager asked.
"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"
"No. No problem. Just didn't think you seriously climbed out that window, that high off the ground."
"I'm not afraid of heights. Some vampires can fly, very few cannot; I am one of them."
"That's great to know..."
They climbed out of the window, carefully and quietly. Hoping no one would notice them, and they would be able to start their journey without any problems.


They were in the forests by high noon, and had been traveling since an hour past sunrise. "Do you know how to hunt?" Shineria asked Trager.
"Yeah... Why?"
"Good, when you're hungry... Hunt."
"Great, I have nothing to hunt with though."
"That is why we are stopping at your village." Shineria pointed a finger to an open area, where his village was. He knew the place looked familiar.
"I'm not going back there."
"You have to, if you want to live." Trager looked at her, like he was trying to memorise her.
"Fine..."
"If people ask you where you've been, make an excuse up. Do not use vampires. You're kind don't like ours."
"I know that, don't worry. I'll be right back."
"Only grab what you need. Don't linger, or stop to talk to anyone."
"Can't promise anything, but I'll try not to." Shineria said no more, and Trager just left into the village.
He was doing great until he ran across Hunter, his step-brother.
"Trager? Are you okay? Where have you been? Father and I have been so worried."
"I'm not in the mood to talk to you, nor answer your silly questions." Trager walked into the house, into his room, and gathered a couple of his things. He went to a shelf and picked up his sharpened daggers and knives. Hunter had followed him into the room,
"Why are you taking your things? Where are you going?"
"Stop with the questions, Hunter. You already know the answers to them."
"No, I don't. Answer me."
"I'm leaving, you already knew I was."
"Yes, but I thought that was last night. You came back, we didn't think you would."
"I only came back to get my things." He finished getting his things, and headed out the door. Hunter was still on his tail.
"Trager, come back. Stop running from your home and family."
"You are not my family! This is not my home! Leave me alone." He was trying to get back to Shineria, but he could not lead his step-brother to her. Then they'd be in trouble.
"Where will you go?"
"I have a pretty good idea of where I'm going." That was a lie. He was only going with Shineria, whereever that was.
"Hunter, please leave me alone. Let me go where I want to. I am 18, and I am capeable of taking care of myself."
"I realise that, but I didn't want you to be like this."
"What do you mean?" They had stopped and were now talking in the road.
"I wanted to get to know you better, before you left. That's why I've been following you, trying to take care of you. I wanted to get closer to you, as a brother."
"I don't think it worked."
"We could try again, I know you like hunting; we could do that together."
"You don't like hunting, stop pretending."
"I just want you as a brother."
"You never wanted me as a brother! Ever! Where were you when I got beat up, where were you when I was stung by a million bees, where were you when I was attacked by a wild animal, where were you... Where were you hunter?" He did not look him in the eyes.
"I was..."
"I'll tell you where you were, you were too busy being a son, instead of being my brother and watching out for me."
"I can watch out for you now."
"You're too late." Trager left. Luckily, Hunter wasn't following anymore. Shineria was watching the whole thing from the forests. When he reached her, he saw the look on her face. Despair. Hurt. Sadness.
"What?"
"I'm so sorry."
"For what?"
"You and your brother."
"He's not my brother, let's go." Shineria felt horrible, this could be her doing. She didn't mean to break them apart any further.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment