Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Again, A Stop

A vampire girl, wishing to become normal. She meets a man, hoping he can help. Can he?

Chapter 7 - Again, A Stop

Chapter 7 - Again, A Stop
As they continued on their way, Shinerea said they had to make one more stop.
"How many more stops are we going to have to make?" Trager asked. He wasn't growing weary already, it's just the fact that they kept stopping along the way.
"This is the last one, I promise." She answered briskly. They had reached a log cabin, that was randomly in the middle of the forest.
"Who lives here?" Trager asked, but before Shinerea could answer, another voice answered instead.
"I do..." They turned around to find a wolf facing them. The wolf was talking to them? Trager was confused, but Shinerea ran up to the wolf crouching down as to hug it.
"I haven't seen you in ages, old one." She said excitedly.
"That's because you haven't come to visit me." He hummed back.
"I apologize, but we need to hurry. We're on our search to find the Fla'ce stones." She said quietly, hoping no one else was listening in on their conversation. The wolf shifted into an old man, with a cane in his right hand. His face was shocked and worried.
"You are kidding child. That task is far too dangerous for one as young as you." He stated, then his gaze shifted over to Trager. "And who is this man? You're love?"
"No," She answered quickly, "He is to help. He is the seer and knows where we must go to find the stones. I am not a child anymore Gappa."
"He is human, is he not?" His gaze returned to Shinerea's face. Trager was watching them both. He was right in front of them, and they were talking about him as if he were not even there!
"He is not just a human. He is a seer, as I have said prior." She stated.
"No... I need to speak with you child, but alone. Not in front of him."
Shinerea looked at Trager, apologetically, but then they stepped into the cabin, leaving Trager to wait a while outside.
It seemed like forever, until Shinerea told Trager he could step inside as well. They took a seat in front of the old man. Minutes flew by until the man decided to start speaking again.
"I've been watching you, Trager. You and you're family. How are they?" Trager was slightly confused. He knew about his family? How?
"They're fine."
"You lie."
"How can I lie about it, when I just saw my half brother this morning?! I don't know, truthfully, how my 'father' is because I hadn't seen him since earlier yesterday." He stated back, "I do not lie." The old man stared at Trager a few moments, then continued. But this time he was referring to Shinerea, though his gaze kept to Trager's.
"And how is your father doing child?"
"I have yet to hear from him, but I will not know seeing as how I'm doing this journey. I miss him, and wished to see him before I left. But that could not happen, he is searching as well. We need these stones."
"I know we need these stones, We all do."
They spoke for hours, until the sun set. That's when Shinerea asked a question that Trager did not wish her to ask.
"Will you join us on our task?"
"I cannot." The old man answered, Trager relieved. He had found the man wise, but too annoying and too wise for his liking.
"I understand." She stated back. "But we must be going, we've got to make camp somewhere else."
The old man agreed, and let them on their way. Shinerea hugged the old man once more before they continued on. Trager just kept walking, knowing that Shinerea would catch up with him.
When they were far enough away from the old man's cabin, Shinerea began to speak.
"You do not like him."
"I simply do not know him. But what I knew of him, I did not like. Too wise."
"He is my grandfather. Wolf-Vampire." She stated angrily.
"I'm sorry for any offence," He said.
"I understand."
They walked a couple more miles, then made camp. There they stayed up a while longer talking but before long they fell asleep. Knowing they had to awake early the next morning.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment