Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Friends

This story is about a girl that has 2 problems
1. she found a ring that let out eathrs doom and she has to save man kind
2. when ever shes late for school her teacher does stuff to her and then something she thought shed never do happens ....

Chapter 4 - Friends

Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 4
~Friends~

Moonheart still didn't wake up when Kaina laid her in the back seat of the car. Ayton got into the driver seat, Kaina got in the passenger seat. Kaina's jaws parted into a yawn as she glanced at the clock.

"Wow, it is late," Kaina whispered as she yawned. Kaina closed her eyes and gradually drifted into a deep sleep.

When Kaina awoke she was in a bed, beside her, also laying, was Moonheart. Scanning her surroundings, she saw a light from outside the door. Her eyes drifted to the clock beside her on the bed table. 3:27 am. She sat up and slide slowly out of bed. Kaina walked to the door and opened it. She peeked out, spotting an open door with a light flooding under the space under the door. She walked over to the door and glanced in. A bedroom was before her, ornamented with Ayton reading a book.

"Typical teacher!" Kaina laughed, careful not to let her voice go to loud. She didn't want to wake up the sleeping Moonheart.

Ayton looked up and a smile tugged at his lips.

"I hope you didn't mind sleeping in the guest room with Moonheart...I kind of didn't know where you lived and I didn't want to wake you." He said all at once.

Kaina laughed once again and wandered into the room and sat on by him on the side of his bed.

"I don't mind. Did Moonheart ever wake up?" Kaina asked.

"Nope, I was surprised you didn't wake up!" He smiled, the arm closest to her embraced her. "There's some clothes in that drawer that you can change into. I didn't want to change your clothes...I didn't think you would like that!"

A soft smile danced upon Kaina's lips.

"You're right, you pushed your limit way to far already with school, but it's hard to not forgive you because you put you're life in danger for me...thank you," Kaina gazed down at him, as he was laying down. "You're a strange guy." Her smile was still on her face.

"And you're a strange girl to actually say yes to a guy who, like, raped you...and I'm sorry for that...I hope you'll forgive me."

"Oh, I forgave you along time ago...lets just forget you did that, okay? It makes me feel weirder...well I think I will take those clothes, and I'm going to take some for Moonheart." Kaina got up and grabbed two pairs of clothes. "See ya in a couple of hours!" With that, Kaina left the room and slipped back into the guest room.

Moonheart was awake. She sat on the bed with her chin on her knees and her arms wrapped around her knees.

"I got scared...you were gone." She whispered quietly, looking up at Kaina.

Kaina joined Moonheart and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to talk with Ayton."

"Oh...it is cold in here." Moonheart's body shivered, grabbing for the blankets. The girl's dress might look fluffy, but it seemed thin.

"Here, these should warm you up." Kaina brought the clothes into view. Moonheart gently took the clothes, looking at them with embarassed eyes.

"Ummm...can you help me?" She whispered embarassedly, fiddling with the clothes.

"Oh yeah! Of course!" Kaina started to untie the lace that criss-crossed down her back. She then undid the lacing that crisscrossed on the arms of the dress. After all of the unlacing and unbuttoning, her dress loosened and Kaina slowly pulled it down. Moonheart stepped out of the dress. A light underdress that was black and felt like silk was all that was left. That too laced up her back.

After another ten minutes, Moonheart was dressed in a large long sleeved shirt and sweatpants. Kaina changed into the clothes, wearing the same thing. Moonheart, wearing Ayton's clothes, looked smaller without her puffy dress.

"Here, let me fix your hair." Kaina pulled Moonheart a little closer. Moonheart's hair was pulled into two pig tails that were just above her ears. Then, just on the back of her head, she had two small braids that finished at her collar bone. The rest of her hair that was left fell to the lower part of her back.

Kaina took the braids out, along with the pigtails. Moonheart's hair was straight, apart from the hair that had just been braided. Kaina smiled brilliantly, pulling Moonheart into a hug. "You're so cute! Lets get some sleep." She pulled the blankets over the girl's body and tucked Moonheart in.

"Can you be my new sister?" Moonheart asked quietly, hopefullness tinting her small voice, as Kaina got under the blanket and held Moonheart.

"Yes, I will be your new sister, now get some sleep." Kaina promised, closing her eyes. Once Moonheart was asleep, Kaina followed.




It was morning when Kaina woke up. Moonheart was sitting up, staring at her. She looked so cute in Ayton's clothes.

"Sorry if I woke you." She whispered, still staring.

"Oh no, it was the light," Kaina sat up in bed, pointing towards the windows. Light shone brightly through the glass panes. Kaina gave Moonheart a hug. "Anyway, I hate being asleep when it's morning. Lets go see what Ayton's doing." Kaina took the small hand.

Moonheart followed, almost obedintly, out the door and down the hall. Their feet made small thumping noises as they walked along the hall. They found Ayton in the kitchen. Three plates were set on the table. A cooking Ayton placed some eggs on each plate before returning his attention the sizzling bacon that was on the stove.

Unnoticed by Ayton, Kaina and Moonheart entered the kitchen. Once again, Kaina found herself taking in Ayton's good looks. His white hair, which to anyone other then Kaina would be odd, brushed his ears as he moved about the kitchen. His blueish white eyes flickered slightly as he moved the bacon around.

His wardrobe consisted of shorts with a black t-shirt. His earrings were also changed. Now it was a new red loop with some black small chains hanging off of them. Kaina smiled sheepishly, he was almost two feet taller then Kaina.

Thats when it hit her, like a smack in the face. She did want to be in his arms. She was happy when she was with him. He really did care, truthfully, about her. Kaina had only realized him yesterday. Even though he had been her teacher for half of the school year, she had never noticed his look and how nice he always was to her. Moonheart tugged him Kaina's hand.

"Can I go sit?" She asked, surprising Ayton. He spun around, weilding the spatula like a weapon. Kaina nodded at Moonheart's question.

A smile plastered itself to Ayton's face. "Morning," he said, putting the bacon on the plates carefully, two pieces each plate.

"Morning," Kaina smiled brightly back before following Moonheart's lead and sitting at the table. Ayton took Kaina's hand and sat down next to her.

"Wow! You're a teacher AND a cook!" Kaina laughed quietly before Ayton made a face even Moonheart laughed at. Then she exploded into a laughing fit. After calming down almost immediately, Kaina and Ayton started eating the wonderful breakfast. Ayton told jokes that Moonheart laughed at. Kaina was seated next to Ayton, while Moonheart was across from them.

Moonheart had a warm smile that could make a depressed, lonely man smile. Her eyes danced from Kaina to Ayton as she giggled. She kept squirming in her seat as she stared at the food on her plate. None of it had been touched. Ayton finished eating while Kaina was forcing down the last few bites.

"You going to eat?" Ayton asked Moonheart, nodding towards the delicious food.

"Is it safe too?" The girl asked, her laughs ceased and her eyes remained trained on the food.

"I don't believe my cooking is that bad!" Ayton exclaimed, rubbing the back on his neck and laughing.

"I'm a demon, I don't eat human food, well....I could but....most people poison food demons eat....The posidon doesn't effect humans, only demons. People called hunters to add the poison before the humans put the food on market...these hunters have fifty percent of the human civilization believing demons are out to kill man kind...but there's only three demons who really want to kill...the three are my sister and the guys with her. They hated me mostly for wanting peace...and not death...I'm scared...everyone beats me. I can only forget something for such a short time...then my fear returns." Moonheart's voice silenced, her eyes looking up at Kaina and Ayton.

"You know we'll protect you," Kaina pushed back her chair and sat next to Moonheart. "is there a way to tell if your food is poisoned or not?"

Moonheart nodded her head a bit. "You have to sprinkle demon blood on the food. If it turns a blue color or red it's poisoned. If nothing happens it'd be okay to eat it. I just hate blood so...I don't know how I could test it......I haven't eaten since last Monday...what is today?" She paused, eyes darting to the calendar. "...Saturday....I'm scared!"

Tears burst from the child's eyes. Kaina hugged her comfortingly, 'cooing' in her ear and rocking her back and forth like a mother or sister would do for a daughter or younger sibling. Kaina closed her eyes. Moonheart did also. Ayton went over to a drawer and pulled a needle out. Kaina opened her eyes, glancing at it.


Moonheart still cried, not realizing as Ayton came over that he pierced her skin. A tiny drop of blood appeared quickly as Moonheart jumped in surprised, not knowing what had happened.

"Stupid flies in here." Ayton hid the needle from view well, edging back to the drawer. He opened it without Moonheart noticing, as she was staring at the needlepoint sized drop of blood welling on her skin, and placed the needle back in it's place.

"Did it get you?" He bent down, examining the 'fly bite'. It was bigger then a fly bite would have been but Moonheart didn't notice. With his finger, Ayton wiped the small red dot off the demon girl's arm and let it slide off of his finger, landing on her food. Nothing happened, nothing at all.

"It's good to eat." Ayton smiled at the cautious girl. Moonheart glanced at the blood then her eyes fixed on Ayton.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes staring at Ayton.

He nodded, still smiling, stating, "It's not blue or red."

"Go on, I bet your hungry!" Kaina nudged the girl gently.

With a blank glance at the food, she picked up a fork and speared a piece of bacon. Slowly she lifted it to her small mouth and ate it.

"Wow! That's good...."The rest of the food quickly disappeared in the next five minutes. She smiled at Ayton.

"Thank you!" Moonheart bowed her head in respect.

Kaina smiled happily at Ayton and he smiled back. He tapped her shoe and she chuckled softly. Kaina switched to the seat next to Ayton. Ayton took Kaina's hand and squeezed it, making them both laugh. The demon girl stared at them, confused about why they were laughing.

"I'm not even going to ask!" She giggled and went back to finishing her breakfast.

Kaina leaned into Ayton and he circled his arm around her shoulders. A soft kiss was placed on her head from him. He rested his chin where he kissed her, smiling as he watched Moonheart. Kaina smiled at the girl as the breakfast finally disappeared. Ayton stayed as he was, smile still on his face and arm encircling her, making her feel safe. A warm, tingling, happy feeling swept through Kaina's body, lingering for a few precious moments.


While Ayton was washing the dishes, Kaina was hanging clothes to dry outside. Moonheart was practically nailed to the spot infront of the t.v., watching a rerun of the Hana Kimi's new show. They were all busy doing something as the doorbell rang.

Ayton turned the sink off, dried his soapy hands with a dish rag. He went to the door and opened it. A familiar girl stood on his doorstep. She was in his homeroom, one of Kaina's friends. Upon her head was dark blue hair and her school uniform clothed her.

"Uh...hi I was wondering if you have seen Kaina." The girl asked, bowing to Ayton in greeting and showing respect. "Sorry to bother you, Sensai." She added quickly.

Ayton turned, making room for the girl to come in. He gestured inside.

"Uh yeah I have seen her...she's in here...and I'm not your teacher anymore." Ayton smiled warmly. "Please come in Miss Ashyia."

She hesitated before she stepped in slowly, sliding her shoes off.

"Kaina!" He called out to the blonde haired girl hanging the clothes on the line in the backyard. Ayton walked back into the kitchen. "You can sit with Moonheart in there, I will send Kaina in there...she's hanging clothes." He explained, nodding towards the back door. Tara Ashya, which was the dark blue haired girl, walked through the door, stopping behind the little red haired girl.

The girl sat comfortably on the ground, not on the couch like most kids did these days. Her eyes were glued to the screen, concentrating on the happenings in the new Hana Kimi series.

"Uhm...ohayo gozaimasu! I'm guessing you're Moonheart." Tara guessed, stopping behind the girl. Moonheart didn't turn or say anything to the teenager.

Tara sighed and sat down on the couch slowly, scanning the room.

"What's Kaina doing here? Who are you? What's with the funny name?" Tara's questions poured from her mouth in a whisper, looking at Moonheart, then the t.v.

"She doesn't have a funny name, I like it." Tara's head turned in surprise at Kaina's voice.

"Oh! Sorry." Tara whispered apologetically, standing up and bowing towards Moonheart. Once she straightened up again, Kaina took a seat behind Moonheart, and started to braid her hair slowly so not a hair would be out of place.

"Why did you come here?" Kaina finally asked after eight minutes, looking up at the standing Tara Ashyia.

"I was worried! You weren't answering your house phone and you didn't answer my knocks this morning...actually, I should be asking why you're here!?!?!?!? At OUR teacher's house?! Why did you leave with him yesterday?!" She paused which was all Kaina needed as she stood up and slapped her friend, eyes narrowed in anger.

"What are you my mother!?!?!?!? He's not our teacher anymore! He quit his job to be with me! He only got the job because I went to this school! He's not twenty-five, he is eighteen. His name is Ayton, not Mr. Donni, and I love him...and you come all worried...yeah, we're friends but you don't need to know where I am twenty-four/seven! I just found out some strange information about this poor world of ours, you can't even be happy to see me, and then you say her name is funny when she's sitting right there! There are people out there that want us dead..." Kaina stopped suddenly, thinking maybe she said to much...well more like yelled to much.

Tara stood their, trembling a little, staring at Kaina with tear filled eyes.

"We've been friends since we were babies. I'm your best friend, I loved you like a sister, of course I'm going to worry! I'm sorry if I insulted you or her," She gestured and glanced at Moonheart who still stubbornly didn't turn. "I'm sorry...I just want to help you, when I'm not by your side I'm lifeless, please...let me help you.." The desperate girl fell to her knees and bowed her head, dark blue hair swept towards the ground.

"Please." She whispered, tears falling to the floor from her watery eyes, threatening to bring more along with them.

Kaina stood there, surprised and definetly confused.

"Kaina, can I talk to you?" Ayton's voice pierced the now almost silent space other then the drone of the t.v. He had been standing there the whole time. Kaina turned and Ayton took her hand gently. He led her to the bedroom.

"What do you plan to say?" He asked, easing himself onto the side of the bed, patting the space beside him.

"I...I don't know..." Kaina took his offer and sat beside him, resting her head on his shoulder, finding comfort from being near him. "I just...don't know anymore..." A sigh escaped her lips as her eyes closed.

"We could always use her help, you know." Ayton whispered softly.

"Yeah, I know...I just don't want her to get hurt...I don't want to put her life in danger." Kaina sighed again.

"Well, I don't want you in any harm either." He had his arm around her shoulders and rested his chin on her head.

"I guess I could say yes...for her help I mean...That's what friends are for, right?" Lavender eyes raised to gaze into blueish white eyes.

"Yes..." His smile was soft, encouraging her.

The blonde haired teenage girl raised herself to her feet, pausing for a few seconds. She took hesitant steps towards the door, near the door she took one uncertain one back. Kaina shook her head, hair whipping around. She gripped the doorknob, turned it, and walked out of the room.

Kaina sighed, eyes closing for a few brief moments, as she wandered into the living room. Hearing Kaina, Tara jumped up and looked at her with teal, pleading eyes.

"You can help..." The tiny whisper erupted from Kaina. The looks of excitement, happiness, and uncertainy flashed across the friend's face before she nearly jumped on Kaina, giving her a bear hug.

"Just promise me you won't get hurt." Kaina demanded, worry swimming in her mind.

"Don't worry! I just want to help you and Moonheart." Tara's overly happy smile was directed to Moonheart.

"Have you seen her eyes?" Kaina asked curiously, glancing at the child who still had her eyes fixed on the t.v. screen.

"Um...no? Why does it matter what her eyes look like?" The smile vanished as teal eyes stared at Kaina.

"Ghosts...demons...vampires...werewolves...do you not believe in them? Do you think they are fake?" Without allowing Tara the chance to reply, Kaina went on. "Do you think they are fake? Well, why won't you say anything!?!?" Kaina's voice raised a notch, not noticing that she hadn't allowed the girl a chance to reply.

"You didn't give me a chance to reply! Anyway, what is with all of the weird questions? Of course they are fake...atleast I think they are...I'm not sure! Why are you asking me this...please tell me!"

"Mooheart, look at her..." Kaina commanded the red haired child. The child stood and turned quickly towards them, her pink eyes blinking and looking blankly at the two teenagers.

"Moshi Moshi..." She whispered quietly in greeting to Tara. Tara took a step back, then a smile spread onto her face.

"Nice joke guys! Not funny!" Tara hands up, not offended in the least.

"We're not joking." Moonheart told her, shifting her stare in Kaina's eyes to Tara's teal ones.

'We're not joking.' Moonheart's voice lingered in Tara's mind. Tara paused a few moments, taking it all in, eyes wide.

"What the..." Tara spun around to see Ayton.

"You said you wanted to help...do you still want to keep to your words?" Ayton asked, his eyes staring at Tara.

"I...I...what is that thing?" Tara took a weary step back from Ayton, looking towards Kaina, teal eyes once again brimmed with tears.

"Because...I asked that question, because Moonheart here is a demon. There are such things in the world. Don't be scared, she doesn't bite, she's a good girl." Kaina took Tara's hands, "That's why I really didn't want your help but now I need it. Please, are you still going to help?"

Tara stared at Kaina, eyes still tearful. She blinked away the wet nuisances, then turned her head to look at Moonheart. Looking down at the demon girl, she nodded.

"Yes, I'll help. I promise." Tara's promise filled the silence around them, her hand on her heart. Kaina pulled her into a thankful hug, whispering a "thank you" in her best friend's ear.

A huge grin had sewed itself onto Ayton's face. Moonheart sat by the spot by the t.v. again. Ayton lowered himself to the floor next to her.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asked Moonheart kindly.

"I want to kill those three, Moonspot, Heartley, and Heartless. I want them dead, I wan't to kill them!" Moonheart's rage filled eyes looked up at Ayton's kind ones.

"So, can we do that?" An innocent smile made why she was asking seem so natural and easy.

Ayton laughed, closing his eyes briefly before looking back at the girl.

"Yeah, sure." He rubbed her head gently, smiling.


~ END OF CHAPTER 4 ~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment