Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The phantom

This is a story me and my chorus friends(altos)made up..a version from phantom of the opera..but Dynamics styleO.o...journey into the world of the cheeseshirts but beware the Phantom of Dynamics.....(I'm Ashley..I don't know why I was casted as the m

Chapter 1 - The phantom

Chapter 1 - The phantom
You are about to embark on the perilous journey into the world of the daily life of the geeky chorus members at Davidson Middle School." ?"
The Phantom of Dynamics....

It was a chilled December evening as the chorus members of Davidson Dynamics trudged into the empty Crestview auditorium they were up for their final practice before the concert, which would be the following evening. Having weaseled their way out of uniforms they sat in the chairs of the auditorium waiting for their beloved director to arrive.

As of this year Dynamics was also the only choreographed chorus at Davidson and therefore the only one who was required to practice before the concert. Ashley sat within her official 'group' consisting of Kody, Jerek, and several other bass' Arraye also joined her but was not speaking to her but to another member of the group. The lights on the stage turned on and began to change color finally setting on a purple/pink Mr. Lusk, the director of the high school chorus and the father to Ashley's dance partner, Kody, walked out on stage. This pairing was not willingly chosen by her but selected by her 'favorite' director Mrs. Bledsoe because of this event Ashley had come up and used several ways to purposefully anger her. Who just so happened to arrive in a fluster of movement as Mr. Lusk checked the Mic's. "Ready Mr. Lusk?" she asked in a huffed voice as she dumped her basket into a chair near the back and began walking up the aisle. He just gave her a thumbs up before leaving it and journeying out of auditorium. "Get on the stage" she demanded and a flood of people walked towards the other set of stairs. Lining up in a row they began the strenuous and slightly acrobatic movements to several of the songs they had worked on. Ashley made a mental note to kill their director as they stopped for a water break and kids jumped and walked off the stage. The scene began to clear until just Kody, Jerick, and herself remained. "I'll just leave you two lovebirds alone" Jerick said and began to walk off the stage before Ashley 'accidentally' tripped him up. When Jerick recovered himself and Ashley partook in a series of events each trying to look more menacing than the other before Jerick continued on his previous journey.

Ashley looked to her dance partner " Where'd your dad go?" she questioned " don’t kno...oh there he is" he said and looking towards the sound box where Mr. Lusk watched them his shadow illuminated in the bright light. A shadow moved behind him and then Kody's father vanished never resurfacing. Shrugging the boy turned to her "you're a good dancer Ashley" he said blushing "thanks you're not to bad either....for a seventh grader" she said putting a hand on his shoulder and squeezing a little to hard he bent under the pressure. The lights turned to a dark red before going off several preps began screaming. In the dim light a shadow moved on the stage. "Ok Mr. Lusk stop it" Mrs. Bledsoe requested having re entered in hopes to begin practice again. When he didn't respond Mrs. Bledsoe herself ascended the stage disappearing behind the curtain the lights brightened and the teacher returned a note in hand. "What does it say Mrs. Bledsoe " Arraye questioned standing with Justin, her partner. " Nothing now focus on the task at hand"

Practice was over and kids filed from the auditorium. Mrs. Bledsoe questioning each of them to make sure they had a ride before leaving thinking Mr. Lusk would supervise them. Ashley had been sent back into the auditorium to fetch the teacher because she had told her ride to come 30 minutes later. Searching behind the stage she found a string of pearls with a note tied to it with what looked like the fabric from a cheese shirt? Kody walked up behind her and placed a hand upon Ashley’s shoulder. Jumping she turned to hear snickering coming from the younger of the two Lusk boys “gosh don’t scare me like that” she said before flipping over the card. But it wasn’t a card it was music from the only actually interesting song Dynamics performed last year: The Phantom of the Opera, her favorite film and beast :P. “ What is it ?” “nothing” she said quickly shoving it in her pocket. “Whatever, anyways I talked with Arraye she saw the letter when we were practicing.” “yeah” “it was signed The Phantom of Dynamics” Kody said snickering “probably a tenor playing a practical joke” Ashley shrugged it off instinctively sticking a hand into her pocket. “ Come one we have to find your daddy Kody” she said sarcastically before walking onto the stage. Looking up she saw a shadow moving in the box. “There he is come on” Kody said and they ran to the staircase on the left side and through the doorway leading up to the skybox. Upon reaching it they found nothing but an empty room with Mr. Lusk tied to a chair.

Kody looked at his dad and started laughing a glare crossed the older Lusk’s face and Kody quickly set to work untying him “boy scout knots?” “What are you talking about?” “ The phantom tied him up with boy scout knots. See what you did dad? Became a troop leader and this is someone’s revenge against you ” Kody said untying the last knot and a freed Mr. Lusk stood and stretched “Who did it?” Ashley questioned “ I don’t know I was tied up some dude in a mask muttered something about avenging himself” he said “ hey Mrs. Bledsoe wants you to supervise” he groaned before walking downstairs to do the fatter teacher’s bidding. I’m starting to like this guy” Kody remarked, “Maybe he’ll tie up Kyle next” “ I don’t think so,” Ashley murmured before walking outside.

The next day after having collected the alibis of every student in class she determined it wasn’t any of them. Needless to say there were many notes passed to and from the Tenor section asking if indeed it had been one of them. Each one denying but adding subtitles saying they wish it had been. After that the day continued and Arraye began spinning the legend of the Phantom of Dynamics until everyone in the entire chorus was hyped up wondering if he’d make an appearance that night. And thus the legend began one night at a chorus practice only to end shortly thereafter or so you think.

The student arrived into the auditorium one by one each slowly fighting through the eager parents to get inside. Each one to stand aghast at what they saw. In bright red scrawled across the shell were the words: stay away from her PoD in large curvy letters. Mr. Lusk was standing on stage his eldest son next to him each pondering the same thing “Who did it?” Mrs. Bledsoe asked “Apparently the Phantom of Dynamics” “Can we still perform?” “Depends on what it is” he replied before walking up to it and dipping his hand into the substance “Kool-Aid mix?” “Yes we’ll just clean this off in a jiffy” Kyle cringed he hated it when his father said that. 10 minutes later the shell was repaired and warm-ups over the show was ready to begin.

45 minutes into it and all chorus members were thoroughly disappointed in their phantom although they kept up hope that he would appear now as the Dynamics members were on stage. 2 songs into it and disappointment yet again settled in that is until Ashley Middlebrooks and Kody Lusk got up to perform the duet they had unwillingly ‘signed up’ to do. As the song began their fellow chorus member began to waltz while the two began singing the tune to a very slow ‘to them’ Christmas song ‘Baby it’s cold outside’. Halfway through the song the lights dimmed dark red and a shadow jumped down from the stage loft. Cape fluttering Mrs;. Bledsoe screamed for the kids to get off the stage and people began a mad dash to escape from the auditorium. But Ashley and Kody found themselves trapped on stage staring into the masked eyes of the phantom. “Kody Lusk” said the distorted voice in a sneer “and Miss Ashley Middlebrooks” the voice said a gloved finer touching her cheek before slapping her “Hey!” Kody exclaimed “Silence” said the voice “I will have none of your insolence the phantom kicked him to the ground ultimately silencing him before grabbing Ashley and disappearing behind the stage where she found herself face to face with the phantom “Why?” she asked before removing the mask. And staring into the eyes of her lost lover boy. “I had no other choice goodnight Ashley I’ll see you again soon” the figure said before running off. To this day Ashley still has the mask but whenever asked about it or it’s owner she’ll smile shyly and turn away. The Phantom is still reported to be seen at Crestview Auditorium no one has ever unmasked it again.

As for that Dynamic’s years other escapades well…..you’ll have to find out now won’t you?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

evil_roleplaying_closet_monkey on June 20, 2005, 4:38:09 AM

evil_roleplaying_closet_monkey on
evil_roleplaying_closet_monkeyThe Phantom..if you did'nt figure out who he was...was Kyle...Mr.Lusks oldest son and older brother to Kody..sigh why was I casted as the main character?...:(..lol