Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Kitten

Drabble : Crossover : Modern life - she knew - would always bore her after her adventures in Sengoku Jidai, but she couldn't help but long for the supernatural.

Chapter 1 - Kitten

Chapter 1 - Kitten
Shugo Chara © Peach Pit
Inuyasha © Rumiko Takahashi


-0-0-0-


Kitten


At first, watching a little—completely and absolutely adorable—blue-haired chibi complete with cat ears, a tail, and paws in place of its hands and feet, Kagome was first shocked that no one took notice of it as it continued to eat the tempura without attracting attention.

However—it wasn't natural! the more logical and sane side of her brain yelled—the more illogical and more accepting of supernatural insane happenings just chalked this up as something supernatural that was occurring nowadays.

Why just the other day now that she thought about, she saw a cute blonde-haired boy with russet eyes—not natural, I tell you!—had a little lilac-haired chibi that adorned a gold crown on its head with a red cape that had white fluffy lining following him.

Kagome gave a small smile, completely ignoring her friends that were with her and "forced" her to hang out with them after being "ill" for so long. She was going to kill her grandfather when she got home later.

Despite the look on its face of a combination between boredom and one who demanded absolute power and authority—too much like Sesshoumaru—Kagome actually thought that if he were a human, he'd be quite charming, but only if he got rid of the expression first.

Coming back to her surroundings, Kagome let her smile widen fractionally as she took note that the cat chibi was still there, eating tempura—how much can the chibi fit inside himself anyway?

All too soon, the stuffed cat sat back with a small contented sigh, one of it paw-hands rubbed its bubble stomach, its other hand-paw on the table a bit behind its body, holding itself up—seriously, it looks like a boy. the more logical side of her brain said to the brain merely observing and storing this information and kept referring to the cay chibi as an "it"—and Kagome thought back to how it reminded her of Inuyasha after eating ramen.

Still smiling at the table the cat chibi sat on, still content from eating all that tempura, one curious customer came up to her table she and her friends sat at, "Excuse me, miss? I couldn't help noticing that you keep staring at that one table, smiling. May I ask why?"

Looking up at the man, her smile slightly smaller, but not in a negative way, Kagome replied, "I'm just thinking on the new kitten my mother is getting me and my brother today. It's a Russian Blue, completely and utterly adorable, it's fur looks navy blue in the right lighting. I guess I couldn't keep my excitement in."

The cat chibi on the table stiffened, body completely ridged and tail slightly flared, at the mention of the fur, gold eyes wide and glancing her way warily from the corner of its—his—eye.

Accepting this, the man bid her and her friends a good day, and an apology for bothering them, to which they replied that it was quite all right. Her friends looked at her expectantly, Kagome ignored them though, in favor of placing her chin in her hand, eyes closed as she continued to smile.

Her friends gushed about the thought of the new kitten she was getting—not that it was untrue, her mother actually getting a new kitten to keep Buyo on her toes—and how adorable it's going to be. Sensing the chibi getting up to leave, Kagome opened one of her eyes the barest amount to watch it leave through her lashes.

The cat chibi kept glancing at her, over its shoulder in a completely paranoid way—still so adorable!—bolting out the door the first chance it got when a new customer came into the restaurant. Kagome let her grin widen, opting against stalking the adorable cat chibi.

The next fifteen minutes or so were boring, and Kagome wanted nothing more than to leave her friends—Kami bless their souls, but they are so annoying!—and go back home, maybe check up on her friends back in Sengoku Jidai if she could.

It didn't take long before Kagome was out of the restaurant and walking down the street, having just come up with an excuse for her friends, complaining about one of her "illnesses" starting to act up and her having to leave.

Bringing a hand up to her face, she smiled into it, albeit it looked a bit like one of Sesshoumaru's, but that didn't bother her as she was happy to leave and go back home. Opening her eyes, she stopped short as she nearly ran into a blue-haired—that cat chibi had the same hair color!—boy her age.

Her blue eyes met his blue ones that looked to be mixed with purple as well, clashing nicely with his tanned skin—he may be good-looking, I'll give him that, but even I'll admit that no one can top Sesshoumaru's unearthly beauty­.

Looking a bit passed him, her eyes spotted the oh so familiar cat chibi from fifteen or so minutes ago. Her grin came back that she lost when she sported the curiously confused expression on her face. The cat chibi in question stiffened and shock flashed in the blue-eyed boy's eyes.

Grinning and ignoring the elementary school kids off to the side that were openly gaping at them—did one of them have pink hair? that is not natural! her more illogical side ignored her more logical side as it started up on a rant—she spoke to the chibi, "I saw you at the restaurant back there!"

Walking around the shocked boy and chibi—seriously, what was so shocking about that statement? I see supernatural things on a daily basis, well, except for barriers—Kagome continued on her way, ignoring the children off to the side and the boy her age.

At first she fought the urge to yell back to him that not only did she find him attractive, but she met people more so than him, but with each step from him, the urge grew. About fifteen or twenty feet away—I don't really know, I just know that I'm terrible at math—she turned around to look at him watching her.

She spoke loud enough so he could hear her, "I'll admit that you're attractive, yes, but I know of a male who has unearthly beauty without looking an ounce feminine." Smiling, Kagome left the blue-haired boy and was on her way.

Silently giggling to herself, she left a dumbfounded boy behind her and her imagination was left to wonder what Sesshoumaru would say if he knew that she had just called him beautiful to the point of looking inhuman….

-0-0-


In her mother's kitchen the next day, Kagome made sure the window was open as she made tempura. Grinning, she admitted to herself that it wasn't a bad thing to want modern day supernatural phenomena in her life now.

And besides, it was a nice day out, which gave her a reason to leave the kitchen window open as she made the food, her family out of the house for the next hour or so, her mother having dragged her brother and grandfather grocery shopping.

Pausing in her work, her smile slowly widened. Her eyes closed and her grin grew, giving her a look between a cat and a fox. She could sense that not only was the cat chibi on the edge of her family's property, but the boy her age was as well.

This was getting fun and maybe modern era wasn't getting so boring anymore.

-0-0-0-


Fin

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment