Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Cages

I wrote this for school last year. This is the fifth time that iv tried to get it on and i hope it works.Grrr. Enjoy and comment if u will please.

Chapter 1 - Cages

Chapter 1 - Cages
            The cages were stacked in groups of fourhigh and four across.  Each groups’ cageshad their backs to the barn wall with doors that opened out. [/i]
            Itwas bright breezy fall day when I was standing in my cage wishing of going matehunting.  I soon discovered though that Iwas not about to find a mate when I couldn’t even get out of my ownenclosure.  So instead I decided to eatmy grain and snooze.
            WhenI awoke two hours later, the cage to the right of mine, belonging to Dave, wasempty.  He had probably been taken to theDarkness.  The Darkness was feared by allturkeys.  If a friend was taken there itmeant that they had done something to anger the farmers and had to be punished,it was also known that you’d be following them. I knew nothing of Dave’s troubles but he had been taken so he must havedone something horrible.
            Thenext day, a week before “Thanksgiving”, more of the cages around me stoodempty.  I was the only turkey left of theone-hundred fifty-nine who had once surrounded me.  I was starting to think “anytime now, anytime now[/i]”. It was like being in a graveyard and being the only one alive.
            Twohours later, I was being carried to what I thought was the Darkness.  The human carrying me brought me to a roomand held me upside down, while another human took rope and tied it around mylegs.  By then I was getting lightheaded.  I wished the human holding mewould turn me right-side-up.  The secondhuman started tying a rope around my wings next.  It was like being in a strait jacket.  I was so dizzy by then I couldn’t seestraight.  Soon after that I wasunconscious.  I never woke.  In fact I was plucked, wrapped, shipped,bought, roasted, and eaten. 
            This turkey had a good life.  He was born into a good world and died out ofa good world.  [/i][/i]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment