Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - American Dream

Just Read it. I don't care if you like it or don't like it.

Chapter 1 - American Dream

Chapter 1 - American Dream
The American Dream is the everyday common idea forced upon us by society by the use of media, which has been programmed into the minds of adults, teenagers, and children alike. Whenever you turn on your television, radio, and computer, you are bombarded commercials of the businesses selling items to the public, telling the people who see their adds that this new product in which they are about to buy will last a lifetime, is exactly what they must have, what they need, and what is fresh. When driving on the roads to and from anyway you see billboards shouting, come to this place, we’ll give you what you want, that you need to see this, or this is where you should go. Whenever you read books or are viewing magazines you see pretty women or men telling the readers that they are not beautiful unless they use this type of makeup or is wearing a certain brands of clothing. Due to all this advertisings, people feel that they must buy those product so that they may become beautiful, rich, or feel happy.
Recently I have interviewed another teenager, whose outlooks on a many topics is different from my own, to see if this was just only my feeling on the American Dream or to see if others felt the same as I do about this topic. As the interview went on, I realized that society has raised us to believe in the same form of the American Dream, which is, to live in the perfect house that is paid for, with the perfect wife or husband, perfect children, and to be within a career that whatever you were to do will happen make a difference in the life of another person. He also told me, “Basically, to me the American Dream is exactly what it is called, a dream. I only say that out of all of us, that only 30% that work really hard will reach their goal but not the American Dream. ” Like my interviewee, I also must agree with him.
The American Dream that has been taught to us by society, now days says we must have the perfect everything, but some of you who read this must wonder what is perfect in this day and age. To society the perfect wife is a woman that is slim, with large breast, perfect skin, and is smart. She must be the super mom and hold a high position in her career. Along with those other standers she must be able to cook, clean the house so it sparkles, work out at the gym a lot, and be a big fan of drinking Starbucks coffee. While the perfect husband in society never fights with his wife, has strong shoulders, is in touch with his inner feeling, has great hair, and always makes time to play with the children. Also like his perfect wife, he is a president or vice president of his company, also enjoy cooking, and never forgets an anniversary or birthday. In this lovely little family we can not forget the perfect child or teenager. Playing the sport of either football or soccer, along with a musical instrument, and having straight A’s is the combination of the perfect child. This child’s looks and personality are perfect white teeth or wearing braces upon them, is a pleaser, always has the newest and coolest looking clothes and toys, and when he or she goes to try anything for the first time, he or she does it with perfection. The teenager dresses in the newest fashions which happen to be preppy, has an Ipod, cell phone, computer, also drinks Starbucks coffee, and has a very sweet and kind outlook on life. Society also demands that you must live in the perfect house that has a pool, secrecy system, and the beautiful lawn professionally manicured. In collusion many people spend most of they lives buying things, that they can’t afford to in an attend become what society calls the American Dream, to impress people they don’t even like.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment