Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Em...Something

A female Irken named Kal leaves her home planet and travels to Earth. There she meets Dib, and falls in love with him. He likes her, too. But Kal soon realizes Dib can't find out she's an alien.

Chapter 7 - Em...Something

Chapter 7 - Em...Something
It was Saturday. Thankfully, Dib had mentioned something about not having to go to skool on the weekends, so I didn’t make the mistake of going.

Maddy and I were walking around the neighborhood. We saw a bunch of cute little squirrels running around. I liked to see all the different animals on this planet. No two ever looked even similar. On Irk there were…Irkens. There were no squirrels or dogs or rabbits. I liked Earth.

“Hey, Kal,” said Maddy as we were walking down a sidewalk. “It’s your boyfriend!” She pointed to where Dib was walking in the opposite direction on the other side of the street.

“Hey!” I called. He looked over and I waved. The street was clear, so he ran to meet me on the other side of the street.

Maddy began to walk away. “I’ll…leave you guys to do…whatever you do,” she said. What exactly do you mean by that, Maddy? I thought. She just smirked and continued walking. I looked at Dib and his expression said he had thought a little too hard about Maddy’s statement. Eww, I thought. Maddy unintentionally heard and laughed, understanding my disgust.

When she was gone, Dib was still trying to get “images” out of his head. He realized I was staring at him, looking a bit disturbed that he would even think about such a thing, and he composed himself.

“Um…Moving on,” he said. “There’s this one place in the forest where there’s this clearing, and it…” He went on into this really long and detailed description. “Um…Anyway, you want to go check it out?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said. I followed him for a while until we got to the forest.

“Wow, lots of trees,” I observed as we entered.

He nodded. “Hey, I just realized, Kal—you’re an alien!”

“What?!” I gasped. How could he possibly…?

“You’re from another country, aren’t you?” he asked.

“Oh…Yeah,” I said.

“Just thought I’d point it out.”

We walked on. Suddenly, I froze. I thought I’d heard someone yell, “I’M A FIRE-BREATHIN’ CHEESE LOG PIGEON WITH ROCKET BOOSTERS!” and then be silenced by a “Hush!” from far away. I decided it was just my imagination, until we got to the clearing and I heard, “ENCHILADA!”

“Hey, Dib, do you hear that?” I asked.

He looked puzzled. “Hear what?”

I shook my head. We sat on this log in the clearing the was near the line of trees.

“Hey, Kal…You don’t think my head is big, do you?” Dib asked me.

“…What?”

“Everyone says so.”

I looked at his head for a minute. I actually thought his question was kind of stupid. “Yeah, it’s pretty big. But, like…that’s because your brain has to fit in there, right? If your head was smaller it’d blow up because you’re smart.”

“Oh…I never thought of it that way.”

I heard something rustle in the trees. I turned around to see what was up. Nothing. Dib started talking again and I turned to face him. When he finished his sentence he thought for a moment about something, and he opened his mouth to speak again, but was cut off when I screamed.

I turned around and there was Zim, an empty bucket in his hands. He’d dumped water on me! My skin started to burn and I had to use all my focus to keep my face from twisting up in pain.

“What…the hell?!” I yelled at him. Thin whips of steam were rising from my arms, but the rest of me wasn’t burning as much. Nevertheless, I was still soaking wet.

“Dib! Look! Her skin! It burns!” yelled Zim.

Dib looked at me. “What are you talking about?” he said, obviously not noticing the steam.

“She screamed in pain when I threw the water on her!” said Zim.

“Maybe she screamed because she wasn’t expecting water to come crashing down on her,” said Dib.

I shivered. Exactly how cold was that water? Crap, I thought. Zim’s trying to expose me as an Irken. This was not good.

Zim was still going on and on. Eventually he realized he wasn’t being paid attention to and he left. GIR appeared out of the forest next to him and yelled, “PARSNIP!”

“Shut up, GIR!” yelled Zim.

I was still shivering from the cold. Dib took off his coat…Or jacket, or whatever…and put it over my shoulders.

“Thanks,” I said to him. I have to be careful from now on, I thought, knowing Zim wouldn’t stop his plan here.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment