Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Zim is Stupid

A female Irken named Kal leaves her home planet and travels to Earth. There she meets Dib, and falls in love with him. He likes her, too. But Kal soon realizes Dib can't find out she's an alien.

Chapter 8 - Zim is Stupid

Chapter 8 - Zim is Stupid
Sunday was boring; all I did was play video games with Maddy all day. Then Monday came and it was back to skool.

Ms. Bitters gave us a lecture on how people’s carelessness will inevitably lead to mankind’s own destruction. I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy thinking about what Zim would try to do next.

When the bell rang for lunch, I was so lost in thought I didn’t even notice it. I didn’t come out of La La Land until Dib started poking my arm.

“Quit it,” I said to him.

“Well, what did you want me to do? Hit you over the head?” he said.

“Let’s just go to lunch,” I said.

We got to the cafeteria and sat where we usually did with Gaz. I was starting to get along pretty well with Gaz…Well, better than most other people. Which still wasn’t too well.

Then…Zim came over. Dib’s expression was one of pure hatred when Zim sat down across from us.

“What do you want, Zim?” I demanded.

“Oh,” he said. “I just noticed that you don’t eat lunch, Kal. Doesn’t that seem a bit weird, a bit…suspicious?”

“Hmm…” said Dib, “As much as I’d like to be unnecessarily suspicious and say that Zim was trying to get you into a trap, it’s true that you haven’t eaten lunch since the day you got here. I don’t think that’s good for your health.”

“Um…I probably shouldn’t…” I started to say. “…Okay…” I decided, not wanting to look suspicious, or worse, look anorectic or whatever. So I picked up a spoon and scooped up some peas. Ugh, this stuff smelled even worse when it was held right up to your face. I’m surprised I didn’t immediately lose the use of my sense of smell.

I put the…stuff they passed off as food…in my mouth and almost threw up just from the taste. I chewed and swallowed, gagging the whole time. Immediately after, my squeedlyspooch started hurting.

“See, Dib? Her body can’t handle the crap the skool serves,” said Zim. “Kind of like…an alien.” He smiled a creepy evil smile.

“No one’s body can handle it,” said Gaz, not taking her eyes off the GameSlave 2 she held in her hands. “It isn’t even good enough to be called crap.”

“Yeah, exactly, Zim,” said Dib.

I got up and ran to the bathroom. I wished Zim would just give up. But I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment