Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

A female Irken named Kal leaves her home planet and travels to Earth. There she meets Dib, and falls in love with him. He likes her, too. But Kal soon realizes Dib can't find out she's an alien.

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10
Dib’s Point of View…

Zim tore something off—no, by the noise of the tearing, more like out of—Kal’s back. It took me a moment to realize what it was. It was the same device Zim had on his back! No, I thought. That must mean…

Kal’s human image flickered and faded, revealing her Irken form. I couldn’t believe it.

Kal’s Point of View…

Zim ran away with my PAK. I looked at Dib and he was staring at me, looking shocked. Oh my God, no! I screamed in my head.

“Dib!” I said. “I—“

You’re an alien…” he said quietly.

Maddy ran into the room, changing back to her SIR unit form. A wire came out of the back of her head and attached to her right arm, which caused her arm to change into a laser cannon, aimed right at Dib.

“Don’t you dare do anything to hurt Kal!” she said to him.

“Maddy, stop it!” I yelled at her.

“Kal, your PAK!” she said.

“I know…”

“What? What about it?” asked Dib.

“It means I only have ten minutes left to live,” I said, looking at him with a distressed expression.

“An Irken can’t survive without a PAK,” added Maddy.

“Nine minutes to go…” I said quietly.

Dib’s Point of View…

I hesitated for only a second before running out the door to chase after Zim. I looked at my watch. It was 10:13 am. Okay, I thought. So Kal has nine minutes. I’d better hurry.

I got to Zim’s house and ran inside, kicking the door open, so fast that his gnomes didn’t even realize I had passed them.

“Zim!” I yelled. “Where are you?”

GIR walked up to me, pointed behind him and then ran away. I followed him and he led me to Zim. That little robot was so helpful sometimes. I checked the time again. 10:14. Eight minutes to go.

My plan to get the PAK from Zim was simple. Knock him over and take it. To my surprise, it worked—until GIR jumped on my head and said, “YOU’RE A SASQUATCH! GIMME BACK MAH PIE!”

I ran this way and that, trying to get the stupid thing off me. Eventually I did, and he yelled “WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!” after he let go of my head and was flung through the air.

I checked my watch as I was running out the door. 10:19! Only three minutes left!

I ran like I never had before. When I made it back to Kal’s house it was 10:20.

Kal looked terrible. Her skin was pale and she looked sick. Maddy was trying to help her, but there was nothing she could do. I ran over to her and placed the PAK on her back.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment