Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

A female Irken named Kal leaves her home planet and travels to Earth. There she meets Dib, and falls in love with him. He likes her, too. But Kal soon realizes Dib can't find out she's an alien.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11
Kal’s Point of View…

I opened my eyes. The front door was open and the sun was glaring through it. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw Dib standing in front of me.

I tried to get up, but he knocked me to the floor again. I looked up at him.

“So, Kal, are you here for the same reason as Zim?” he demanded. “Are you here to destroy me and take over my world?!”

“No!” I said. “I—“

“Why are you here, then?”

“I…” I didn’t think I could bear recounting the story. I turned my head away. “I can’t say…”

“Kal, if you don’t give me an explanation, you can never expect me to trust you,” said Dib.

“…Okay,” I said.

“It was five years ago,” I began. “I was living with my two friends Sierr and Roko, and three more adult Irkens, Tirm, Grey, and Mez. Tirm was awesome; he was like my dad. He taught me everything I know about everything.

“One day, Tirm went out into the city. I…I followed him to see where he was going. Something—I don’t know what—found him…” I was crying now. “All I can remember is watching him die right in front of my eyes!” Teardrops hit the floor loudly.

“I couldn’t stay there anymore! I couldn’t take having to carry all those memories! So I left…and I eventually came here. The fact that Zim is here is coincidence,” I said.

“So why didn’t you tell me you were Irken?” Dib asked.

I gave him the strangest look ever. “Because I was scared of you! Don’t you remember…”

Flashback…

“So, what I was saying earlier that Maddy said wasn’t a good idea, I was going to tell you that I’m—“

Zim walked by us. As he did, he put something on Dib’s back. “What did he do?” Dib asked angrily.

I took the thing off his back. It was a piece of paper that said “kick you.”

“Kick…you?” I said. “Isn’t it supposed to be ‘kick me?’”

“Yes,” replied Dib.

I laughed. “Wow, Zim’s an idiot.”

“When I get my hands on that disgusting space monster, I’m going to see personally to his dissection and study,” Dib said.

Dissection? Study? Dissection?!

“So, what were you saying?” asked Dib, grinning.

“Um…nothing,” I said, trembling.

End of flashback…

“I was going to tell you I was Irken, but your little ‘dissection’ remark kind of freaked me out!” I said to Dib. “I was afraid you would do that to me…”

Dib opened his mouth to say something, and then actually thought about what I’d said.

“Oh,” he said. “That makes sense.”

“So, what are you going to do?” I asked.

There was a long pause. Was he having trouble making this decision? Or what?

“Well, I can’t dissect my friend,” he said. “Especially not if she happens to be my only friend. And especially not if I happen to like her and she happens to like me…”

“Uh…Dib? You’re talking to yourself,” I pointed out.

“Oh…Yeah, I do that a lot,” he said. “So yeah, no dissection for you.” He smiled.

I got up, threw my arms around him and hugged him. He hugged me back.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment