Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

A female Irken named Kal leaves her home planet and travels to Earth. There she meets Dib, and falls in love with him. He likes her, too. But Kal soon realizes Dib can't find out she's an alien.

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12
I woke up. It was the middle of the night. Something was bothering me. I felt like I had to go back.

“Maddy,” I said.

“What, Kal?”

“I have to go back.”

“Back where?” she asked.

“Irk,” I replied.

“Irk?! But the whole reason we came here is so you’d never have to see Irk again!” she exclaimed.

“I know…” I said. “But something’s telling me I have to…”

The next morning…

We were getting ready to leave when Dib came by. Surprise, surprise. We can’t have this get any better. Why don’t we throw a party while we’re at it? I thought.

“Hey, Kal,” he said. “What’s going on?”

“I’m…going back to Irk…” I said.

“What?! Why?” he said.

I shook my head. “I wish I knew. I just have this feeling,” I told him.

He looked sad. “Kal, if you really have to go…I’m going to miss you,” he said.

Stop it, I thought. It’s hard enough already. “I’ll miss you, too.”

Before I knew it, his arms were around me and pulling me into a hug. “I love you,” he said. Why did he have to make it worse?

“I love you, too,” I managed to say. My tears were staining his jacket/coat thing. This was a familiar scene, judging by the fact that he refused to let go of me for over a minute. And that as I walked away, I looked back at him a countless number of times.

Maddy and I got into the Voot Runner, and we were on our way, back to the place I hated.

When we arrived, it was night on Irk, so all was quiet. I stepped out of the Voot Runner, holding Maddy close to my chest. I took a few steps and something hit my head. Hard. I fell back, Maddy flying out of my arms. I blacked out.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment